Cloth Diapering
Options

Bummer Wednesday

Well...Happy Tuesday wasn't very happy so I'm using reverse psychology on you guys.  Put your happy thoughts here :)

Re: Bummer Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jcwinsto said:

This kitten we "adopted" really does have 9 lives.  It has a love for crawling up inside vehicles. It's 2 siblings died this way shortly after they came to our house but this guy just keeps managing to survive.  Usually we fish him out before we start the vehicles or he runs away.  I didn't see him this morning so I thought he wasn't in the vehicle.  I drove 30 miles to town to take H to daycare and as I'm setting at Sonic waiting on my breakfast I see this dusty little black cat run by and I realize it's my dusty little black cat.  He ran out in to the middle of traffic and I jump out of my car and have to run out in the street and stop traffic and pick him up. He then rode to work setting onmy dash looking like he is having the time of his life watching the scenery.  MH had to come get him out of my car and take him home.  Silly cat.

Wow lucky little cat you have. We had a tom cat when I was a girl that used to sleep in the wheel wells of my dad's truck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    @Mapleme, if only I lived closer.  I would help you in the kitchen.  I know how not to touch my face, haha!  I have students who lick their pastry tips and fingers clean in class.  It drives me crazy!  But I don't harp on them because my class is supposed to be for funsies and there's only so much criticism a person can tolerate before they stop enjoying themselves.
  • Options
    @stoneycakes If I took your class, I wouldn't lick the tips or my fingers during class.  I only do that at home.  And only after I'm finished with all the cakery.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    @stoneycakes If I took your class, I wouldn't lick the tips or my fingers during class.  I only do that at home.  And only after I'm finished with all the cakery.
    Hey TJ, what do you do for a gluten free cake?  Do you make one from scratch or use a mix?  I always seem to have one or two students who are gluten free and I never have a good recommendation for them.  The cakes they bring in are always a different texture, which makes it harder for me to teach them how to trim and frost properly.
  • Options
    It a nice sunny day and I'm actually off work!  I swear, the nice days we've had so far; I've worked them all.  I'm ready to enjoy this one. 

You know... as I'm bumping...
  • Options
    @stoneycakes Sorry, I'm no help.  My gluten free baked goods are never sell-worthy.  My preference is mostly almond flour with a touch of coconut flour thrown in for texture.  I know a lot of people just use plain ole GF AP flour, but I don't prefer it, and a lot of the GF baking mixes have dairy in them.  I think @mapleme uses spelt flour, which has a different kind of gluten that is tolerated by many people. 
    I'm really no help.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Jeez. It's only barely after 9 here. I'm still chillin in bed. Later I'm taking Ein to a playdate with another corgi. Hopefully they wear themselves out.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jeez. It's only barely after 9 here. I'm still chillin in bed. Later I'm taking Ein to a playdate with another corgi. Hopefully they wear themselves out.
    Holy crap.  How is it possible that you are chilling in bed at 9 am?  Do your kids sleep that late?
  • Options

Holy crap.  How is it possible that you are chilling in bed at 9 am?  Do your kids sleep that late?

Sometimes. We are normally up between 8 and 9:30.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jcwinsto said:

I don't have to worry about this...I just eat the entire cake myself anyway
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I pumped enough this morning to fill almost two bottles. This makes me happy since C is now taking 5 oz bottles at daycare.

My sister is coming to visit for Easter.

All this cake talk makes me want to get a cupcake now.
  • Options
    N_KozN_Koz member
    Little man continued his up at midnight 5-6ish and sleeping to around 10 today so rested mommy. I got some last night. The weather is beautiful and I finished chore bingo this morning. I get to bake and eat some lactation cookies to help build my pumping up for my freezer stash and planning a long walk with the baby and puppies. Its gonna be a good day.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    For my gf cakes I have used a mix....but not the betty crocker mixes...I'm drawing a blank on the brand.. with as much success as I have with regular cake mixes. I used it for cake pops at ds's first birthday party and couldn't tell much difference between my gf ones and the regular ones.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    My children played together blissfully while I did a 3 mile work out dvd yesterday! Also Harper's first birthday fluff shipped yesterday! :D
    What did you end up ordering for her party?!

• Options
    The ruffle one is the bday diaper

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @sarenu1‌ yay for great pumping output!! It always made me smile when I got a lot!

@candlequeeen completely jealous of your workout! I need motivation to get on it.

@mapleme yay for hiring someone and the shower! I hope you get lots of goodies for baby!

@jcwinsto‌ me too, I always lick the spoon. Mapleme would fire me in a hot second! (Don't germs get killed in the oven?)
  • Options
    I had a great OB appt this morning (which included G being super easy despite it taking longer than expected). I found a buyer for my Beco (yay!). Finished my nephew's blanket (it's awesome... And ninjas). Plus G ate all of his dinner (which hopefully means he won't wake up at 2am wanting a sandwich). AND I think G is officially putting himself to sleep! I still sit with him and sing his bedtime songs, but then I leave (while he's wide awake and usually playing in bed), and he doesn't cry at all... Just babbles a bit then goes to sleep :) I would like to apologize for the crazy sentence structure... Mobile makes me lazy.
    Random question. Is it unusual that my 3 month old can be put to bed wide awake (after a bedtime feeding of course) with or sometimes without a paci and he puts himself to sleep without fuss?  Or is this normal and I just see a lot of posts from moms who have fussier babies?
  • Options
    jcwinsto said:
    I had a great OB appt this morning (which included G being super easy despite it taking longer than expected). I found a buyer for my Beco (yay!). Finished my nephew's blanket (it's awesome... And ninjas). Plus G ate all of his dinner (which hopefully means he won't wake up at 2am wanting a sandwich). AND I think G is officially putting himself to sleep! I still sit with him and sing his bedtime songs, but then I leave (while he's wide awake and usually playing in bed), and he doesn't cry at all... Just babbles a bit then goes to sleep :) I would like to apologize for the crazy sentence structure... Mobile makes me lazy.
    Random question. Is it unusual that my 3 month old can be put to bed wide awake (after a bedtime feeding of course) with or sometimes without a paci and he puts himself to sleep without fuss?  Or is this normal and I just see a lot of posts from moms who have fussier babies?
    That's called being 3 months old. Hopefully it keeps up, but as my daughter gets older and doesn't sleep or nap as much, she has a harder time getting herself to sleep. Not always, but she used to go from awake to asleep without any coaxing.

• Options
    jcwinsto said:
    Mine used to go to bed like that, too. Then the 4 month wakeful struck and our bedtime routine totally changed.
  • Options
    G nursed to sleep until he was about a year, so we've had a harder time with the transition. Also, we stopped using his pacifier in January, and that set us back too. Overall he's such an easy kid, but sleep has always been our biggest challenge with him.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    Work started good and then took a turn for the worse. My happy thought is that today is Wednesday and there's only 2 more days before the weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I'm in a shitty mood. I don't know why, but I think it has to do with SO. I'm just so tired of his shit. I really am.
  • Options
    I'm about really close to sending him away, just not to boot camp.
  • Options
    Hugs Nana.  You need a vacation.  You should come to Texas where it's warm and gorgeous out.  We can take the kids to the zoo.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"