Just moved to Greensboro — The Bump
North Carolina Babies

Just moved to Greensboro

Hi all,
My husband and I moved down from NY.  I am looking for recommendations for an OB/GYN that you all love.  I'd love to stay in the Greensboro area, but I'll drive a little out of the way, if the practice is worth it.  We're looking to start conceiving in the next 4-5 months, so I need someone that I can feel comfortable with along the way.

Thank you in advance!
Amanda
Grow. Up.
RME

Re: Just moved to Greensboro

• I've heard good things about The Greensboro Women's Center, http://www.gsowhc.com/, but I haven't been.  I live in a neighboring county (Davidson) and attend Thomasville OB-GYN.  They're a small shop and operate using the newly acquired by Novant Health hospital (1 block away), but I wouldn't recommend coming here from Greensboro - I would think GSO offers plenty of more local options. This site lists names, addresses, and patient satisfaction data, so that might be a good start, too:  http://www.healthgrades.com/obstetrics-gynecology-directory/nc-north-carolina/greensboro
    Last bit of info, I would recommend calling your nearest pediatricians office and asking them who they might recommend.
    Good Luck and Welcome to the Neighborhood!
  • I'm from Greensboro. We are lucky to have Woman's Hospital right here in town. I use Wendover OBGYN. They are right next to the hospital, have great doctors as well as midwives and are one of only two practices in town that allow waterbirths if you are interested. Lots of options there with skilled and friendly doctors and nurses.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Lisa Jackson-Moore at Femina Women's Center. I love her. I sent my mom to her (she's had 9 abdominal surgeries) and she loves her too.
    ***** Signature warning***** Children listed*****

My Ovulation Chart

DH 35, Me 36
    DS 11
    DSS 15
    TTC#2 for me #1 together

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm also in Greensboro and am using Wendover OBGYN. Fantastic staff! We are using a midwife and she has been wonderful (as all the staff we've seen) in answering our questions giving and respecting our options, and really taking the time to listen! My midwife has even texted me on weekends over some issues I was having through the pregnancy! I can't say enough wonderful things about them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards