August 2014 Moms

How is your nursery coming along?

13»

Re: How is your nursery coming along?

• At least I'm not the only one lol. Although to be fair, B put hardwood down throughout the entire house and we're in the process of redoing literally everything.
  • We have finally decided on navy and white, I'm contemplating a nautical theme as well. We have a guy coming on Friday to put up a chair rail in his room and after that I will have my H paint. I *think* we are keeping the carpet- it's original to the house (12years old) but I'll know better once we get the whole room cleaned out -were almost there- we will know better. I have to finish the arm rests and foot stool on the glider-recovering them. We use a co sleeper with DD for the first 4 months so there's no true rush to get it done other than I would like it to be checked off my to do list. We also need to get to ikea before July to get a crib and dresser-DD will be keeping her set as it converts to big kid furniture
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Closet is cleaned out and ready. We set up the crib and cubby/changer this weekend. I need to get curtains, order our glider, and decorate still, but it feels great to have the main furniture pieces set up.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • We've got our crib and dresser. My parents live really far away and I was getting sad that they couldn't be very involved in getting ready for the baby so I decided to ask my mom to make some bedding and decorations for the baby's room. She's retired and really crafty so it's right up her ally :) She got super excited and went to the fabric store that afternoon! I got this picture of the crib set she's made for us just the other day. I think she's also planning to make a diaper organizer and laundry hamper and whatever else she can get out of the leftover materials! I'm so glad that our nursery is going to be decked out in "Nana-made" things to make us feel more connected to them :)
  • We painted the room medium gray about a month ago, and this past weekend we put together his crib and dresser.  As far as a theme for decorations, though, I have no freaking clue.  I don't really want to do a theme, but instead just use bright colors like teal, blue, and green and integrate fun prints.... if that makes sense.  

One thing that's really shocked me is how many people ask what our nursery theme is... and how shocked they are when I say I don't want to have one.  I've begun to just say that I haven't really thought about it instead to avoid the awkwardness haha.  Also, I'm slightly terrified that they will take it upon themselves to buy things that fit the "theme" that I will hate, but feel like I have to use, so that's even more motivation for me to keep quiet about a theme.  
    Lol my parents teased me when I told them me and DH were debating on what to have for the theme. Their response was "your theme was nice yellow painted room with a baby living in it". I mean on a certain level I totally agree with them that a theme truly doesn't matter.... But damnit Pinterest has ruined me!!!!!
  • RacllaRaclla member
    Damn....I knew I was forgetting about something
    THIS!
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • kcm3kcm3 member
    We bought a dresser...and I have some ideas. Planning to get to it in the next few weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @scarfbandit‌ thanks for resurfacing this thread-I tried and failed! Looks like a nifty changing table. I've got no leads for ya... But I'll look as I'm still in need of a changing table too.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Crib check
    Changing table check
    Bedding check
    Valance check

To dos
    Paint
    Crown molding
    Decals
    Add More decorative pieces
    Drapes

My theme is princess
  • Still under construction, but we're getting there, I suppose :) we've painted and done an accent wall with the leftover hardwood flooring, and carpet goes in on Wednesday. Decals should be here anytime now. Hoping to style the room similar to the picture with the decals, except with brown birdies :)
  • This thread was reassuring me that I wasn't way behind on getting this done... Till I realized most of the comments were from May.

We're finally getting somewhere, we're still working on emptying things, but H painted a bit yesterday and should finish painting either tonight or tomorrow, and set up the crib tomorrow. Then we just need to buy the decorations and a changing table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"