Trouble TTC
Options

RE Consultation was today

It went really well, basically, we will be finishing up our testing (SA for DH, glucose tolerance test, more bloodwork, HSG for me).  Then I will be on BCP for a cycle, and then we will start Clomid + HCG + IUI for 3-5 cycles.  If that doesn't work, then we will either move on to injectables with IUI or IVF.  He also wants me to start taking Pregnitude, prescription PNV with DHA, Coq10, Calcium and Vit D.  As well as continue my weight loss.  I have to talk to my MD about possibly changing my Prozac, but I have friends who took it while they were pregnant, so I'm thinking I may stay on it if my MD says it is ok.

It is really weird to have a plan already.  They are checking my estrogen and progesterone today, and then that will determine if we are going to induce a period using prometrium and then do the rest of my hormone panel (egg reserve, testosterone, androgens, etc), or wait it out for my period to show up on its own, or just go ahead and do the testing now if my levels are low enough.  So, I may have to go back tomorrow for more labs.  And then I have my GTT on Thursday.  And this all determines when I will start BCP and be able to schedule my HSG.  The doctor and the nurses were incredibly nice, I was such a ball of nerves waiting for our consult.  And luckily, our insurance covers everything, so we won't have too much out of pocket.  Except the friggin supplements he wants me on are gonna cost me $80-100 a month alone.  But it could be worse.  

He does prefer certain OPKs, Ovusponse or Assure.  He says you can use the Clear Plan monitor, but your cycle length has be between 21-42 days for it to be effective, so that eliminates that option for me.  Has anyone been told to use certain OPKs like this?  I have a whole box of CBE digital OPKs that I bought before we found out we were getting referred to an RE.  Any help or suggestions with that?

Me: 30, PCOS-non IR, Annovulatory; DH: 31, SA normal :)
Testing Completed! HSG Clear, Ovarian Reserve score 17, Elevated Testosterone, everything else normal so far
 Clomid 150mg + HCG + IUI #1 May/June 2014 (BFN)
Clomid 150 mg + HCG + IUI #2 July 2014 (BFN)
Femara 2.5mg + Estrace + HCG + IUI #3 Cancelled d/t no response
Moving on to IVF with ICSI after break to lose weight.

My Ovulation Chart

Re: RE Consultation was today

• Options
    Does the RE want you to test for your LH surge and contact the office when you detect a surge?  I know that some other ladies here have had to do that.  Personally, I am not a fan.  I feel like it's too much guess work on my part.  I am never sure what an OPK is really saying. 

When I was doing IUIs, I would take clomid days 5-9 and then come back around CD 11 or 12 and start having blood work and ultrasounds (either daily or every other day).  Then the RE or my nurse would say when it was go time.  I would recommend inquiring about this. 

Aside from all that, doesn't it feel good to have that appt under your belt???
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    Congrats, sounds like you are glad to have a tangible plan!

I would not be confident enough to time O with OPKs, personally...since your insurance covers everything, maybe more monitoring would help?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once I get a positive on the OPK, they will do bloodwork, an ultrasound and then I will get an injection of HCG and then they will do the IUI. I will try it and see how it works out. I

Testing Completed! HSG Clear, Ovarian Reserve score 17, Elevated Testosterone, everything else normal so far

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    That is great to hear about a successful first appointment! It is so nice to have a plan in motion and know what to expect I bet :) best of luck!!

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• Options
    It feels great to have a plan, doesn't it? :-)

The OPK thing would make me a little worried, I have to be honest. You might want to at least ask what happens if you don't get a positive OPK by a certain cycle day. I know with this cycle, if I hadn't gone in for an ultrasound I wouldn't have realized I wasn't responding to Clomid and I might still be waiting for my positive OPK (that wouldn't come). I'm sure you'll figure it out though. Good luck!
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    Congrats on a great first appointment and plan!  It sounds like you have a good thorough RE.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :)

It does feel good to have a plan, even though it hasn't completely sunk in yet.  I will make sure to ask what happens if I don't get a +OPK by a certain time.  And I'm starting on Prometrium today because the bloodwork they did yesterday showed nothing significant was happening, and they don't think I will ovulate on my own this cycle either.

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"