April 2014 Moms
Options

Frank Breech

When we did the 4d ultrasound around 31 weeks we discovered little girl is in the frank breached position. Looking back through the other ultrasound pics i've noticed her feet have been up in that position for the most part.
I went last week and doc said shes still in that position and were going to check again via ultrasound on Thursday (i will be 36 weeks 3 days). He said if she hasn't flipped then we need to talk about options.
After doing some research i've found out that some babies born from this position have hip problems...and now im worried :(
-I should have known better than to Google it!-
Anyone else going through this or have gone through this before?
What are some things that I can mentally prepare myself with?
Thanks!

Re: Frank Breech

• Options
    First, check out Spinning Babies dot com for some techniques and exercises to flip her. You can also look into finding a chiro who is familiar with the Webster method. Acupuncture can help as well.

My DD was a footling breech and couldn't be flipped. All breech babies, especially girls, have a higher risk of hip dysphasia. We had to have a big hip ultrasound when she was about 4 months old (from what I've read, this is standard). Everything was totally fine. And from my conversations with our pediatrician, had there been any problems, usually they are pretty correctable with PT and potentially a brace for extreme cases. I really wouldn't worry too much about it!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    My friend's baby was frank breech. She had to wear a brace for the first 3 months and is PERFECT now and can walk and you would never know! They key is early intervention with it. Good luck  :)

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @britrundell I know exactly what you are going through, our little one was frank breech up until 36 weeks.  I had done the google searches and scared the shit out of myself (and even came on here freakin out about it!).  Then I met someone here at work who's little one was born frank breech and they told me her little legs came down a week or two after the birth and she was completely fine thereafter.  To echo @AcaAwkward I too was told by my doc at the time that they have a higher risk of hip dysphasia, so you'll do an ultrasound and if anything comes up from the ultrasound, with a some PT and being caught and treated so early on, the likelihood of future problems is lowered. 

I also told my doc I was freaking myself out by looking at google images so we looked at the images together on my iphone and she yelled at me saying "those are such EXTREME cases, in all my practice even ive never seen it that bad!!"... so maybe that can offer you some comfort, I know its tough to think about this, but all hope is not lost! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There was a discussion about this a few months back- got lots of responses. Maybe try the search function? Also there is a thread about it on the multiples board if you want to lurk (not twin related). 

It was totally your response to me several weeks back that really helped put my mind at ease!! :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a version scheduled for tomorrow to try and flip my frank breech baby. She just flipped breech at 36 weeks so I never thought about hip problems....another thing to worry about!

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"