June 2013 Moms
Options

HIMYM theory...

2»

Re: HIMYM theory...

• Options
    I'm just gonna not discuss.

We are watching the Scrubs series finale right now to cleanse the palate. Best finale ever (even tho Gilmore Girls still has my heart)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sad.  Sad it's over and kinda sad at the ending.  I feel like they covered too much space in a short time and it just didn't 'mesh'.  And even though I kinda liked the Ted & Robin thing it didn't have an exciting feel to it.

Like when Friends ended you KNEW Ross and Rachel were going to end up together no surprise there at all but at least you were happy for them. The Ted and Robin thing was ... meh.  

My favourite part of that next show was her pumping as they were hanging out on the couch. THAT is real life. Ha ha! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with @majwv8‌, I liked the episode. I'm not happy that the mother died but I have been hoping for Ted and Robin to be together from the very beginning. I think it was a great finale.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    @sctiger I totally agree. Robin only wanted Ted because she couldn't have him. She never really loved him the way he did her. And, I was happy for HIM that he finally realized that and moved on. Plus, with how unlikeable they made Robin, it didn't make me happy they ended up together. It made me feel like Ted was sort of a schmuk for going that route. Again. Of course if he lost his wife young you don't expect him to stay single forever. But, I just feel like putting him back with Robin was him totally selling himself short.
  • Options

I haven't watched the show since Marshall's dad died, but why, if Robin ends up with Ted, does he refer to her as "Aunt Robin"?

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    Very casual watcher here, but The Mother dying does seem practical. Think about it, why would the narrator be talking about "How I Met Your Mother" unless something did happen to her. The child is curious, and wants to know what she was like, and how they met. IDK. If you watch any other shows or movies where the mom is gone, Let's take Full House for example, Bob Saget is always bringing up how their mother was like, and how they met, to his daughters. JMO.

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    amberdt03amberdt03 member
    edited April 2014
    Has anyone read this? What do you think?

https://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/31/how-i-met-your-mother-really-over/

ETA: It's gotta be the pineapple right?
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not as upset that Ted and robin ended up together. I'm most upset that they built up robin and Barney so much, how far they'd come to get where they were to be able to commit, yada yada, and then so unceremoniously broke them up. I mean, the whole last season was their wedding weekend!!! I hate that they then had them get divorced as soon as things got tough just so it would fit their plan of Ted going back to robin. If that's how this was going to end, don't lead up to it like that. And then have robin disappear from the group! Gah. I wanted to throw something at the tv then.
    Preach
  • Options

So this is a good article that actually makes me feel a little bad for the writers:

https://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-finale-review-how-i-met-your-mother-last-forever-how-they-conned-us-all

That is a great article! It really explains the intention of the writers from the beginning of the series and why it didn't work.

• Options
    amberdt03amberdt03 member
    edited April 2014

amberdt03 said:

Has anyone read this? What do you think?

https://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/31/how-i-met-your-mother-really-over/

ETA: It's gotta be the pineapple right?

What about who the Mother of Barney's baby is?? 

Oooohhhh I didn't even think about that. Good one!

Edit: I was hoping the mother of Barney's baby was Robin(even though I know they said she couldn't have kids)
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"