Preemies

a little update

Hi Ladies

A few weeks ago i posted about us expecting a preemie. My water broke earlier this week but I never went into labor. So I've been in the hospital now for 3.5 days. As long as everything is fine they will let me go to 34 weeks if I don't go into labor. Currently I am 32+5. I feel well prepared since we knew he would be early so since week 26 when all this first began but I'm still a ball of emotions. I miss my house and my dogs I feel guilty for wanting this to be over but 6 weeks of bed rest and now hospital bed rest with contractions on and off has really done me in. So its still a waiting game with an end in site.

Thanks for reading ladies.
February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage

Re: a little update

• bromios said:

I know what you mean about the wanting it to be over and feeling guilty about that. Obviously our individual experiences were different, but being on bed rest really drains your psyche. For me, I felt guilty because by the time I was dilated to 8 cm and the docs decided it was time I knew that I had given up the fight. Sure, I couldn't have done anything about it (I'd been sitting for 11 days at first 4.5 and then 6.5 cm and the docs were amazed that my water had held up through it all), but after three rounds on mag, going into labor three different times, and, by the time I actually delivered, having gone over 24 hours without eating or drinking (because of the mag) I didn't have an ounce of fight left in me, and that's what really broke me down - the knowledge that I'd given up. I know now that my babies came exactly when they needed to (my boy's placenta had an infection but he never got sick and might have if he had stayed in longer), but it really screws with your mind, that (completely human!) part of you that just wants to not feel like your body is a science project. With the point that you are at, I am very hopeful for you and your little one having a short and uneventful NICU stay when you do eventually deliver. 

Btw, did you ever get to do the fun mag thing? It occurs to me that, being at the gestational point that you are, you might never have had the pleasure. I hope it wasn't necessary because I couldn't wish it on anyone!
    I did. This is my third hospital stay. First two were to stop labor and this one im here until I deliver. Mag had to be stopped because my throat started to close up, which is extremely rare. It was the scariest moment of my life. Awful awful drug.

• bromios said:

jjh471 said:

bromios said:

I know what you mean about the wanting it to be over and feeling guilty about that. Obviously our individual experiences were different, but being on bed rest really drains your psyche. For me, I felt guilty because by the time I was dilated to 8 cm and the docs decided it was time I knew that I had given up the fight. Sure, I couldn't have done anything about it (I'd been sitting for 11 days at first 4.5 and then 6.5 cm and the docs were amazed that my water had held up through it all), but after three rounds on mag, going into labor three different times, and, by the time I actually delivered, having gone over 24 hours without eating or drinking (because of the mag) I didn't have an ounce of fight left in me, and that's what really broke me down - the knowledge that I'd given up. I know now that my babies came exactly when they needed to (my boy's placenta had an infection but he never got sick and might have if he had stayed in longer), but it really screws with your mind, that (completely human!) part of you that just wants to not feel like your body is a science project. With the point that you are at, I am very hopeful for you and your little one having a short and uneventful NICU stay when you do eventually deliver. 

Btw, did you ever get to do the fun mag thing? It occurs to me that, being at the gestational point that you are, you might never have had the pleasure. I hope it wasn't necessary because I couldn't wish it on anyone!
    I did. This is my third hospital stay. First two were to stop labor and this one im here until I deliver. Mag had to be stopped because my throat started to close up, which is extremely rare. It was the scariest moment of my life. Awful awful drug.

That's terrifying! It's bad enough that mag feels like it's trying to kill you without it ACTUALLY trying to kill you!

It has been a very very rough 6 weeks which is hard because I had a beautiful pregnancy up until that point. But the end is I'm sight even though it's bitter sweet. I wish it could have been different for my son but I worked really really hard to get him to at least 32 and now we are so close to 33.
  • Loading the player...
  • (((Hugs)))
    I never had any signs of labor, but I was on hospital bed rest for 2 weeks. It really does a number on you. :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Well, I hope that you can keep that baby in just a little while longer! I totally understand that it's been a trying 6 weeks, but you are right. The end is in sight! Another few days or a week is nothing in the long run, but is awesome for the baby. Good luck! I hope you make it just a little longer!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I understand what you mean! It is so tough wondering and waiting if you think your baby will be early. You have done everything for your son and he will do great! Most "late-term" preemies have a much shorter stay and do really well! Best of luck to you and I hope baby keeps baking for a few more weeks! 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• You're very strong!! And you've done very well!!! My water broke at 26 weeks. I had 5 weeks of hospital bed rest...it sucked but was worth it!!! I went into full born labor and delivered at 30 weeks 6 days. K was born at 3 lbs 7 oz and had 27 days in the NICU. B was born at 3 lbs 12 oz and had 32 days in the NICU. Your baby is at a great GA! Hang in there!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"