Nurseries and Baby Gear

Travel crib suggestions for tall babies?

My son is 15 months old and 33" tall. Recently, I discovered that he barely fit (even lying down at an angle) in his Graco PNP. I don't think that was the only reason he had trouble sleeping on our trip, but it did not help. We have an out of town wedding to attend this summer, and I don't want to put him through that again. Any other mamas of tall kids have any suggestions?

Re: Travel crib suggestions for tall babies?

• DS isn't tall, but we have the Phil and teds travel cot for him. I love how small it is for travel. I think it might have more length to it,
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Kidco makes a sleeping 'pod' for older toddlers, that might be A&A better option at this point. https://www.amazon.com/PeaPod-Plus-Travel-Kiwi-Kidco/dp/B00BWIPC6G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396032325&sr=8-2&keywords=Kidco+travel+bed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • lmsmith1222lmsmith1222 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm looking into the Lotus or the Baby Bjorn one, my son is the same height (and age! crazy!) and we had a problem with the bottom not being sturdy because he's a stander and a bouncer so looking at those for him because they're flat to the floor. So I'm curious to see what else others might suggest or if those would be good.
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Came across an inflatible toddler bed (and the brand makes a twin bed as well for a little bit more) if your son would be able to stay put without being in a full crib. www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EQ66WK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1396058302&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For me, I don't think the PeaPod would work although it looks great! My son is not only tall but loves to move around while he sleeps. I looked at the dimension of the various travel cribs looks like the Bjorn one is going to be the biggest. He also stands up and bounces once he's away which is another reason why I don't like the Graco one, too unsteady. This would go directly on the floor. I think this might be the way I go.
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"