Multiples

Sippy cup

conmp1conmp1 member
edited March 2014 in Multiples

Re: Sippy cup

• Why would they be confused?

I would say give them milk with meals and offer water in between to make sure they get enough fluids :)

You can start skipping bottles or just use a small bottle as you phase them out.
  • My singleton got milk and water in sippy cups and didn't get confused.  I think they'll be fine with one cup.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok. Thanks! I just tried it. They drank 3oz but kept getting distracted because it doesn't come out like a bottle. Good start I guess.
  • I think you should be using homo milk and not 2% - they need the added fat for brain development and growing in general.

If they are doing fine with the cup you're using don't bring other sippy cups into the mix. Just slowly switch one bottle out. GL
  • My doc let me do 2%. My kids eat a very wide variety of table foods. More than most kids their age. Everything I eat, they eat...lentil, eggs, spinach, kale, chicken, meat, fish, fruits/veg, etc... They have been eating this way since 6/7 months. I don't do jars. My concern wasn't about the type of milk, but thank you.
  • Why the DD? Full fat milk is the standard recommendation for babies under 2. That's all that was being pointed out so no need for the defensive reply.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Your OP could have gone much worse. Switching to 2% milk at 10mo old isn't likely to go over well no matter how well your kids eat or if you have your pedi's blessing.

My kids eat like garbage disposals too and still get BM 7x a day. BM/formula are full of good fats that developing brains need.

I'm glad the sippy cup transition is going well. My big one didnt get the hang of it until much closer to a year.

• I think you should be using homo milk and not 2% - they need the added fat for brain development and growing in general.

If they are doing fine with the cup you're using don't bring other sippy cups into the mix. Just slowly switch one bottle out. GL

Are you a Dr?

• ChiAmy said:

I think you should be using homo milk and not 2% - they need the added fat for brain development and growing in general.

Are you a Dr?

Thanks for the question - no, I am not a doctor but I am an advanced practice nurse and know that the recommendation suggest more fat. I was merely pointing out like previous posters that more fat is beneficial, that is all.
  • Great, and if her Dr. told her 2% maybe he has his reasons. 

• He did have his reasons. Not all babies need the same things! Plenty of babies can't tolerate milk, and their parents substitute...and they are totally fine. 2% works for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"