September 2012 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• I don't mind at all that I "have to" pay $200 to get my hair and makeup done for my brother's wedding in March. I'm going to be in a ton of pictures because I'm a bridesmaid and I suck at doing my own hair and makeup. I want to look amazing.

I am afraid to watch Blackfish because I love Sea World and don't want to stop going. We also have zoo passes and I hope our zoo is a "good" one.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there a way to find out if your zoo is a "good" one? I hate the zoo where we live. It seems so small to me, but I don't want DS to miss out on the experience. I'm torn. I have no desire to go to Sea World, but if DS wants to go one day...

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Huh? Emotional blackmail?

I was just saying that I won't start anymore because I don't know when I'll have time to come back. I don't want to annoy anyone by doing that, haha.
    It was very womp womp. I just mean, stay and play. Or post a UO at 5:50.
    Oh... I wasn't even talking about my life, just my job being busy. Gotcha. I'll be trying.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I get that our parent's made mistakes, and how those posts on FB and elsewhere get annoying about spanking and respecting others, etc.  But seriously, my parents did a fucking fantastic job considering our circumstances and I think judging how your parents raised you is just as bad as judging another current parent.  

I think looking at how you were raised and choosing to be better or do better, is fine, whatever, but realize that you may not know the entire situation or circumstances.  I have been blown away in last year what I have uncovered about my parents and our situation and I don't judge my parents for what they did anymore.  I choose to be better for Luci, but I don't judge them.

_____
    I agree with what@cheeseandrice said. I learned a lot from my mom's mistakes. I don't wish I had different parents, but I was also very lucky to have a large, close family to also show me how to do things the 'right' way. What I learned the most was to be introspective and learn about my own issues and how to not project those on others.

This has helped me as a person, a mother, and an employee.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • eshee8198eshee8198 member
    edited March 2014

Also, I think bird people are weird people.  I've never met anyone with a bird for a pet that wasn't more than a little off.  This was brought to you by the student who I just called back that said she'd have to call me this afternoon because it was time for Matilda her bird to have her shower.  

You have broken my heart.

• eshee8198 said:

Also, I think bird people are weird people.  I've never met anyone with a bird for a pet that wasn't more than a little off.  This was brought to you by the student who I just called back that said she'd have to call me this afternoon because it was time for Matilda her bird to have her shower.  

You have broken my heart.

Is Matilda your bird?!  AH!!!!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• dimples12 said:
    Proud member of ShitStorm Moms Recovering Club (is that how that went?). :) I know it was important for me to come to terms w/what happened but I continue to judge -a bit less harshly. I don't break apart all aspects of childhood (that 6th grade wardrobe was a bit scarring) but there are moments that led to eventual struggle. I hope to do better by CJ
    Bwahahaha, it was definitely something like that!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Homebuying is a PITA.

I know this is a PO. But holy shit. My hair has starting falling out again and I was like WTAF WHY???  And then I realized that my stress level is through the frickin roof.

[-O<
  • Homebuying is a PITA.

I know this is a PO. But holy shit. My hair has starting falling out again and I was like WTAF WHY???  And then I realized that my stress level is through the frickin roof.

[-O<
    selling is worse...
    Oh I'm sure. The seller has had to jump through several flaming hoops for this one. We will all be glad when the closing is over.
  • willy_gertwilly_gert member
    edited March 2014
    Homebuying is a PITA.

[-O<
    selling is worse...
    Has your sale not gone through yet @cheeseandrice?  I think the whole process, both sides sucks.  We are in the middle of remodeling/ flooring project and need to sell and everything is moving at a snale's pace except for everything that caused the sudden need to sell.  Fucking houses....

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I know it would be completely inappropriate but I really want the Fuck You song from Pitch Perfect as a ring tone.  It would make me happy when my phone rings.....  I think I'm messed up.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    MomtobeNJ said:
    Not sure if this is an UO or just makes me sound like an old fart, but....

I am surprised and a little disappointed at how much violence there is in kid's movies. Not just the typical Scar kills Mufasa or whatever, but specifically I notice a lot of hitting. A lot. We watched the new Muppet Movie (with Jason Segal) and there is a whole scene where a group of people break out into an all-out fist fight (when Jack Black and Animal are at treatment, if you've seen it). Not necessary. 

Also, get off my lawn.
    I feel the same. James wanted to watch TMNT last night and I let him because I see all his little preschool friends wearing TMNT stuff and talking about it - that's where he learned about it. So not appropriate for a 3 year old, not turning that show on again for awhile.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• oh, no. thank god we're done with all of that. We closed just about a month ago! 

But no one warned me how expensive it is to SELL a house.
    Tell me all these things please?  Our realtor broke down some costs for me but I am scared there are things that will come out of nowhere and force us to sell for a low price or something.  I hate the unknown....

• I know it would be completely inappropriate but I really want the Fuck You song from Pitch Perfect as a ring tone.  It would make me happy when my phone rings.....  I think I'm messed up.
    Bahaha. The socks singing it.... I love that movie.
  • I'm having a reallllllly hard time coming up with any names for this baby.  There's a few I just totally LOVE that I feel weird about loving because of you guys already having kids with those names.  Is this irrational?  I know there are millions of kids out there with the same name, but is it weird for me to name my kid the same thing as one of my Internet friends?

:(

OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD NAME HER PENNY!

Wait, I'm still mad at you.

Matilda is not my bird. But....I do have a bird. A big bird. And I thought *sniff* we could be friends.

• eshee8198 said:
    I'm having a reallllllly hard time coming up with any names for this baby.  There's a few I just totally LOVE that I feel weird about loving because of you guys already having kids with those names.  Is this irrational?  I know there are millions of kids out there with the same name, but is it weird for me to name my kid the same thing as one of my Internet friends?

Matilda is not my bird. But....I do have a bird. A big bird. And I thought *sniff* we could be friends.

I love the name Penny!
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • I totally want to name her Penny if she's a girl!  DH actually really likes it too. :-)
    Prove me wrong about the bird!  You could be my exception to my bird people = weird people rule!!
    eshee8198 said:
    I'm having a reallllllly hard time coming up with any names for this baby.  There's a few I just totally LOVE that I feel weird about loving because of you guys already having kids with those names.  Is this irrational?  I know there are millions of kids out there with the same name, but is it weird for me to name my kid the same thing as one of my Internet friends?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• hmp1hmp1 member
    oh, no. thank god we're done with all of that. We closed just about a month ago! 

But no one warned me how expensive it is to SELL a house.
    Tell me all these things please?  Our realtor broke down some costs for me but I am scared there are things that will come out of nowhere and force us to sell for a low price or something.  I hate the unknown....
    We paid quite a bit to fix our foundation after the buyer had a foundation inspection done. Not the case for most houses and we didn't have to do it but we didn't want to wait around for a buyer not concerned about the foundation since we would have had to disclose it following the inspection. Other than that, our expenses were exactly what our Realtor spelled out during our initial meeting to list the house.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I totally want to name her Penny if she's a girl!  DH actually really likes it too. :-)
    Prove me wrong about the bird!  You could be my exception to my bird people = weird people rule!!
    eshee8198 said:

haha, well I think I'm pretty normal. But I suppose it's like crazy - if you are, you're probably too crazy to realize it.

For one, I don't take showers with the bird. Does that help?

• I'm having a reallllllly hard time coming up with any names for this baby.  There's a few I just totally LOVE that I feel weird about loving because of you guys already having kids with those names.  Is this irrational?  I know there are millions of kids out there with the same name, but is it weird for me to name my kid the same thing as one of my Internet friends?

I would be flattered, and I have to say, the name Winnie fits DD perfectly and she is just the cutest little Winnie thing I've ever seen in my life.  And Penny is my #2 name if I ever have a girl.  I'm googly about that name.

ETA: I think Winnie and Penny are a weird combo for me, but I don't care..... I freaking love that name.
    I think all those girls have lovely names!  

@tinyhumantoe is Winnie short for something else?  I can't remember at the moment, so I am asking.

• In my group of friends, everyone has been "over" DMB since we graduated college in 2005.  I just can't get on board with that yet.  My DH HATES them, so I really only listen to them at work.  In my office.  With the door closed.  So no one judges my eclectic mix of DMB, Neil Diamond, Cher, Indigo Girls, Imagine Dragons and Fitz & the Tantrums.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• My go-to name for next baby is either Aurora (Rory) or Penny. Love 'em. 

Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • @willy_gert we went back and forth on Gwendolyn, Wendolyn, and Winnifred.  We decided just to go with what we were in love with as we were walking the halls of the hospital during contractions.  We couldn't decide, so we decided fuck it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • UO/FFFC: after watching Blackfish, I wonder if I'm a sheep or if I should be legitimately thinking about abstaining from zoos. I know I'll never do Seaworld now but are zoos bad too?
    I've only got to here but my colleague and I were just talking about this movie. He said it was super eye opening and very emotional. He said it was a great movie but he wouldn't recommend it because of the content. He's never going to Sea World again. Neither are we.

• MomtobeNJ said:
    dimples12 said:
    Second one - I am not a bad friend or a submissive, doormat wife if I chose to not place the expectation on DH to parent CJ so I can have a night out. Brought to you by friends who ask for time with just me. That's not my season of life. 
    Amen. And can I add to that, repeatedly declining your 6:30 pm dinner invitations (when we all know we're not going to eat until closer to 7) does not make me inflexible and "no fun."  It makes me a responsible parent. The baby is invited, of course. And starting a meal within minutes of her normal bedtime should be oh so enjoyable for everyone involved.
    My ILs do this constantly and always get irritated that DS doesn't want t sit through an entire thirty minute meal "like a good boy". 

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• edited March 2014
    hmp1 said:

I would think it was weird if you crossed names off your list because of internet friends' babies.

------quote fail------
    For some reason mobile is not letting me go back enough pages to get to your original post, so I will just quote HMP.

Totally not weird! We just have awesome taste in names and so do you! :-) Go for it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I would be flattered, and I have to say, the name Winnie fits DD perfectly and she is just the cutest little Winnie thing I've ever seen in my life.  And Penny is my #2 name if I ever have a girl.  I'm googly about that name.

ETA: I think Winnie and Penny are a weird combo for me, but I don't care..... I freaking love that name.

I am digging all the Penny love.

Winnie was on our short list as well. And I imagine both are names that you get the "is that short for anything?" question tons. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• Ok ladies, dig deep for a UO.  I'm going to try.  I'm looking around my surroundings for ideas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"