September 2012 Moms

UO Thursday

Let's do it.
"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Kissty said:

Here's one:  I miss some of the aspects of my life before LO.  I wouldn't trade him for the world.  But I miss alone time in the bathroom, staying up late and sleeping in.  Just getting up and going without worrying about someone's nap time.  Oh and QUIET and my alone time.

Have you heard of the new book about parenting "All Joy and No Fun" or something like that. I've started it and I feel like she's talking about my life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited March 2014
    Also Pinterest related, not everything has to have chalkboard paint on it. Some things are cute, but wow it can be overdone.
    You know what else?  It looks nice for a week, then it's streaky and ugly because of the f-ing chalk you use all over it.

I've been over chalkboard paint since its popularity exploded.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Cotton balls are terrible. The feel of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
    @tinyhumantoe, does the feel of the fabric on the top of your car bother you too?  Running my fingers over that makes me cringe.  It reminds me of cotton balls stretched out.  Bleh.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

@tinyhumantoe, does the feel of the fabric on the top of your car bother you too?  Running my fingers over that makes me cringe.  It reminds me of cotton balls stretched out.  Bleh.

YES!!!! Yes yes yes

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I still like Dave Matthews Band.  I know I'm 30 and that I should be over this by now, but I'm not.

Also, I think bird people are weird people.  I've never met anyone with a bird for a pet that wasn't more than a little off.  This was brought to you by the student who I just called back that said she'd have to call me this afternoon because it was time for Matilda her bird to have her shower.  
    My FIL has two birds (I think they're some sort of parakeet...). I can see your point, but I actually find this quite an endearing quality in him. He is in his 70s and is very astute. He is a retired geologist and still freelances. The birds are in his office and I think it's quirky but charming. However- I have never heard him discuss giving his birds a bath. 

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I hate Disney movies and have since I was a child. 

DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    EDD-4/2019

• I don't understand the appeal of Washi Tape. Wtf do people use it for?
    I run out of tape and sometimes have to use it to wrap a present.  It looks ridiculous with 99% of the wrapping paper in my house.

Other than that, I still have no idea why I have some.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

Little flags on birthday cupcakes. ;)  The next time I use it, I'll let you know.
    I also use mine to seal envelopes because I hate licking them.  Plus it adds extra pizazz.  I also used it to decorate plain envelopes and make them "Christmasy" instead of buying Christmas envelopes. I just think it is cute and I would buy all the washi tape if I had the money, but I don't so I just play with what I do have.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

Little flags on birthday cupcakes. ;)  The next time I use it, I'll let you know.
    I also use mine to seal envelopes because I hate licking them.  Plus it adds extra pizazz.  I also used it to decorate plain envelopes and make them "Christmasy" instead of buying Christmas envelopes. I just think it is cute and I would buy all the washi tape if I had the money, but I don't so I just play with what I do have.
    Is it sticky enough to keep the envelopes closed? That was my worry, otherwise I'd use mine for that too!
    Mine is, I haven't had a problem with it yet.  My dad and my sister said it was still there after going through the mail, so I think it works well!  

• @Disney. I hated them because they always made me super sad. I can remember sobbing to Dumbo and the Fox and the Hound. I swore them both off after that. I guess perhaps it is only the ones involving animals as main characters, because I didn't mind the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, r Aladdin. 

DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    EDD-4/2019

• UO/FFFC: after watching Blackfish, I wonder if I'm a sheep or if I should be legitimately thinking about abstaining from zoos. I know I'll never do Seaworld now but are zoos bad too?
    I feel guilty and torn every time we visit a zoo. They are wonderful opportunities for children to learn about animals, but I always feel so guilty that they aren't in their natural habitats. It has to be stressful to be watched all day everyday, too. 

DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    EDD-4/2019

• Apparently a UO in my world: I think it's tacky to post pictures of presents you want on FB and then tag your significant other with notes like "This would be great for Mother's Day...hint hint!"

I guess I didn't know that I was supposed to ask for a present for Mother's Day.

That is tacky, especially on FB so there is that added pressure aspect that presumably a lot of people that you know saw it.  I've given pics of things I want to DH for occassions because I already know he is going to get me something and he would rather I tell him specifically what I want than have to guess.  That is between us though.
  • I didn't post in the parents thread but I have serious issues with the way I was raised. As I've mentioned before, I have no relationship with her and never will. She is hateful and vindictive toward her grandchildren if she disagrees with the parents on anything. Also she was a lot lizard and slept with guys while leaving me in the car next to the truck because of the things they would buy her.

I judge her. And am forever blessed to have a sister that taught me about family.

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Zoos in general are wonderful and so very important for 1,000 reasons I won't list out here. 

As with anything, there are good ones, and there are bad ones.  There are some checks and balances in place (state and federal law, and independent organizations) to ensure proper care, facilities, procedures, etc.  I am fully confident that the zoo I frequent (Indianapolis) is top-notch. 

Keep in mind that zoos home many animals that would not survive in nature with their conditions. 

Now, wildlife sanctuaries?  Those would have to be looked at one at a time.  There are good and bad.  Funding is usually a problem, and sometimes the people running them can't make the most humane decisions when they lack resources.

• I had birds - little ones though - parakeets and cockatiels. 

Also: dogs, cats, ferret, rabbits, mice, rats, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pig, bearded dragons, helmeted iguana, white's tree frogs, gecko, anoles, huge fish tanks, hermit crabs, ducks, goats, horses, giant millipedes, and Madagascar hissing cockroaches.  "I" also had a boa constrictor in my classroom when I taught, but he technically wasn't mine.   Oh, and worms if you count my worm composting bin.

People always equate lots of critters with filth, and while I'll fully admit that some of these put a slight odor in my bedroom, I swear we were a normal clean family in a nice neighborhood :-p

• My UO:

If you start the UO, you should stick around and play in the UO.

I won't start anymore, then. I've been popping in when I can, but with things going the way they are lately, I can't guarantee when I have time to play.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I am horrified of zoos in general.  Every time I have gone I've thought "is this the day the tigers get loose?"  and literally sweat beads the whole way through. 

Frozen is getting on my over-it list.  It's cute, yes, and even my boys are like "my favorite part is when she sings!"  but I'm just getting tired of the adults raving on it 24/7.

Same goes for the top 5 songs that are out right now.  I'm just over it and tired of hearing them.

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • UO/FFFC: after watching Blackfish, I wonder if I'm a sheep or if I should be legitimately thinking about abstaining from zoos. I know I'll never do Seaworld now but are zoos bad too?
    Have you ever read Life of Pi? Perhaps not the very best reference, but there is an entire chapter about zoos and animals. I don't know if it's fiction, but it makes sense. It basically says that not all zoos are bad and in the right zoo environment, many animals are content. They have routine, they're fed well, they aren't constantly on the lookout for predators, they feel calm and safe in their environment. It was an interesting perspective, even if it's from a novel. I don't believe that all zoos are horrible places, and in some instances zoos are the only place where a species exists. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Huh? Emotional blackmail?

I was just saying that I won't start anymore because I don't know when I'll have time to come back. I don't want to annoy anyone by doing that, haha.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I love the zoo.

I feel like Frozen is similar ot Shrek. It's made for kids but it has enough adult things in it to make it interesting for them too. Shrek is hilarious and my kid thinks it is funny but so do I because I get their jokes.
    Nancy is obsessed lately with Shrek, Monster Inc. and anything else that looks like a monster.  She walks around carrying the Shrek movies and looks real cute at you and goes "Rawr rawr peeese?" It's ridiculous.  We've been having a lot of Shrek on lately.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I love the zoo.

I feel like Frozen is similar ot Shrek. It's made for kids but it has enough adult things in it to make it interesting for them too. Shrek is hilarious and my kid thinks it is funny but so do I because I get their jokes.
    Nancy is obsessed lately with Shrek, Monster Inc. and anything else that looks like a monster.  She walks around carrying the Shrek movies and looks real cute at you and goes "Rawr rawr peeese?" It's ridiculous.  We've been having a lot of Shrek on lately.
    We had Monster's Inc on our DVR and Luci loved it, but then stopped sleeping through the night about a week after she saw it and DH thinks that it scared him, but dude she loved it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"