North Florida Babies
Options

Need recs for CNM/Faben Group

I would really like to deliver through a midwife.  The only midwife covered through my insurance is Lindsey Boyd who is through FABEN group.  I'd really like to take my time with the labor and have it as naturally as possible unless I feel the need for meds to intervene.  I've read some mixed reviews on FABEN group, but none on specifically the midwife.  I'd love to hear about your experience.

Also, anyone hear of Dr. Ghulam Khan?  He also works with a midwife.

Re: Need recs for CNM/Faben Group

• Options
    themizzthemizz member
    edited April 2014
    I saw Lindsey when she worked at Memorial and she was wonderful.  However, that wasn't the FABEN group or prenatal care, so I can't speak for that.  She is kind, listens well and I would recommend her based on my experience.
  • Options
    Did you check NF-OBGYN (Dr. James K Chafin)? Amy Zechella is his CNM and is wonderful. She delivered my two oldest and will deliver my twins if they're both head down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm new to posting on here, and I'm not sure how late this response is. But The CNM through Faben does NOT do deliveries from what I've heard. All of the friends I've had who went to Faben ended up either being induced with Pitocin or forced into a C-section. 

By the way, by law in the state of Florida, if you choose to go through a midwife at a birth center, your insurance is legally required to cover you. They cannot deny you the option of birthing at a birth center, even if they don't show them on your insurance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"