High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre-E and Brewer Diet

Hello! I have been diagnosed with mild pre-e and placed on bed rest. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the brewer diet and if it was successful? Thanks!!

Re: Pre-E and Brewer Diet

• Sam0905Sam0905 member
    edited March 2014
    As far as I know the only real cure to pre-e is delivery of the baby/placenta. I'm not sure how much the brewer diet will help once you're diagnosed, although I have seen sources that do recommend a high protein diet and of course getting plenty of vitamins from natural food sources won't hurt. FWIW, my husband and I studied the bradley method and I followed the brewer diet for my entire pregnancy. My Bradley instructor had us keep food logs and everything. I had at least 100 grams of protein daily and almost always hit the other goals as well (except I never ate baked potatoes or liver -ew). I still developed pre-e and am kind of struggling with the diagnosis, since according to the Bradley Method and the Brewer Diet, I did pretty much everything right. I do know now though that the exact cause of pre-e is not known (the most common theory is related to an immune response from the implantation of the placenta) but it's highly unlikely that it's directly related to diet only.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"