High-Risk Pregnancy

Question about hbp/pre-e

Hi. I'm 20 weeks with twins and went in for my appointment today. I have pre-existing hypertension and am on both labetalol (600 mgs per day) and nifidipine (10 mgs). I was also diagnosed with GD and take insulin overnight and with meals if eating extra carbs. I'm still mostly diet controlled except for fasting.

I've had a trace of protein in my urine since day 1 as my kidney function is somewhat off and was so before pregnancy. My bp has been stable and even low for me (121/72ish). Well I went in today and during my urine dip they found +2 protein. My bp at the appointment was 148/80 which was weird as this morning it was literally 123/74. I was sent home with a jug to do a 24 hour urine. I shouldn't worry yet because the 24 hour urine collection will be much more informative right? Is there anything else that this could be or has anyone gone a long period of time while showing some signs of developing pre-e before actually developing it? I need some positive stories because I'm terrified of developing pre-e very early and losing my twins.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Question about hbp/pre-e

• Hang in there!!!  The 24 hour collection will definitely be more informative in terms of protein levels, as opposed to the dip.   Try to relax as much as you can; feet up, lay on your left side as much as you can.  How do you feel otherwise?  Are you exhibiting any other symptoms?  (Blurry vision, headaches, etc?)

I developed pre-e with both of my boys.  With DS1, it came on quickly at 34w; it was slower with DS2 and I wasn't officially diagnosed until 30w, but I was definitely moving in that direction before 30w.  I ended up carrying DS2 to 37w.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Otherwise I feel totally fine. No headaches, swelling, blurry vision or anything. I take my bp twice a day at random, and it's always been fine. That's why I'm worried as it seemed to happen so fast. I don't know if it's possible for the dip to show +2, but the 24 hour to be ok.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went through something similar. I had been a +1 for a few months, BP controlled on Aldomet, hit +2 and BP was 160ish/80ish a couple weeks ago, did the 24 hour urine and passed. I just knew I was going to fail. My protein hasn't even been +1 since then, which has me a little baffled since I haven't made any changes. Try not to stress! You could easily have the same outcome as I had. I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and have a history of pre-e and currently have gestational hypertension.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't worry! I am on my fifth 24 hour urine collection for this pregnancy (try not to be too jealous of my sexy life) and they are all just to double-check that everything is okay. So far so good! Hang in there. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I was sooo happy to be done with my 24 hr urine test, it never occurred to me that they might want to do another one, or even several! I'm a nurse and have emptied out hundreds of hats full of urine, but handling my own was so gross! For some reason I gagged every time. Blah.

@lawyer707‌ - Good luck with your testing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"