April 2014 Moms
Options

Stroller Color, frame scratching?

Brigie029Brigie029 member
edited March 2014 in April 2014 Moms
My question is about the color of the UppaBaby Vista stroller and frame...

I'm hoping that with the new addition of some gift cards from my work shower (yay!) we can purchase the Uppababy Vista & Mesa. I've been pouring over reviews for months because it seems so expensive compared to other strollers, etc. Recently, a review mentioned that the "jake" color's frame scratched when folding so I was thinking of going with the other lighter color below.  I originally wanted black because we are having a boy and I have black for everything and thought it would wear better but now am wondering if it will be too hot as I live in AZ.   

Thank you!

"Jake" vs "Lindsey"

https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-0112-Vista-Stroller-Jake/dp/B0077J2KB4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395479645&sr=8-2&keywords=uppababy+vista+stroller

Re: Stroller Color, frame scratching?

• Options
    I think the black will be really hot in AZ. I've seen the Lindsey, and it's kind of yellowish - not a "boy" color really, but still pretty gender neutral. If I had my pick, I would actually buy the Mica (silver with black frame). I think the Mica is a discontinued color, and Amazon has it for $649 instead of $729!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the teal one. The Lindsey is weird looking and I agree the jake is "too black" the teal is nice because it can be gender neutral for the future
  • Options
    I got the black one because that's just what the gray stroller came with. I obviously havent used it yet, but it def looks really nice!
  • Options
    knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited March 2014
    Usually I like all black (my Orbit is black) but on this brand I like the red with silver frame or the taupe/creme with silver frame. 

I never thought about black being too hot. I'm in So al but it's not nearly as hot here (as AZ) and breezy by the beach, so I think I should be ok and can always throw a white breathable stroller blanket or swaddle over it.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    I just got the Lindsay uppa baby and I can't wait to use it!! I think the the Lindsay color would good for boy or girl. I'm having a girl and just love that color and I think it would stay cooler since I live in Florida. As for the Mesa... I went with black bc I didn't want it to get dirty. :) hope that helps!

You could always get a liner to get inside the stroller. I'm thinking about getting a pink one :)
  • Options
    Brigie029 said:
    My question is about the color of the UppaBaby Vista stroller and frame...

I'm hoping that with the new addition of some gift cards from my work shower (yay!) we can purchase the Uppababy Vista & Mesa. I've been pouring over reviews for months because it seems so expensive compared to other strollers, etc. Recently, a review mentioned that the "jake" color's frame scratched when folding so I was thinking of going with the other lighter color below.  I originally wanted black because we are having a boy and I have black for everything and thought it would wear better but now am wondering if it will be too hot as I live in AZ.   

Thank you!

"Jake" vs "Lindsey"

https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-0112-Vista-Stroller-Jake/dp/B0077J2KB4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395479645&sr=8-2&keywords=uppababy+vista+stroller

I live in Phoenix. I drive a black car. I wear black clothes. I have a black dog. And I have a black stroller. I have no concerns. Its hot whether you are in black or yellow. And when its that hot, you won't be outside. And everything in AZ is incredibly air-conditioned. I wouldn't let the heat play a factor. You'll be hot either way :)

• Options
    We have the lighter frame with the blue seats- I think it's Taylor but looks a little lighter in person. The whole thing still looks really nice after one kid. Scratches are there but really hard to see. I also tend to find that black shows stains more than you'd expect. Baby stains like milk spit up, cereal puffs, and even breast milk poop kinda show up like neon colors on black IMO.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    We have the Lindsay and it's not quite as light as it is in the photo. I really like the way it looks in person. Black would be way too hot here in GA and I figured this is the kind of stroller you use outside a little more because of it's size and durability. And the material doesn't look like it would be difficult to spot clean.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AshleypixieAshleypixie member
    edited March 2014
    This is ours if you want to see the color. I google imaged it for more views before I decided too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"