1st Trimester
Options

If you had implantation bleeding

If you had implantation bleeding, how long after did it take to get your BFP?
Thanks!!
TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012

Re: If you had implantation bleeding

• Options
    MollyFieldMollyField member
    edited March 2014
    I've never had it, but typically there isn't enough HCG in your system to be detected by an HPT until at least 2 days after implantation. I would give it a couple days before testing.
    4/2005 - married my best friend
    8/2005 -> 5/2009 - MFI Dx, failed IVF w/ ICSI, pursued domestic adoption
    BFP #1 5/7/9,  EDD 1/14/10. 1/10, DS born!
    BFP #2 1/15/11, EDD 10/8/11. 10/11 DD1 born!
    BFP #3 12/3/12, EDD 8/16/13. Early m/c 12/11/12
    PCOS diagnosis, went on metformin
    BFP #4 3/18/14, EDD 11/24/14. 11/14 DD2 born!

• Options
    With this pregnancy I did have IB and it happened 3 days before my BFP. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had implantation bleeding 4 days before my period was due and it lasted 4 days until the day before my period was due.  I took a pregnancy test on the day my period was due.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my first, I had implantation bleeding at 9dpo and got a BFP the following day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had implantation bleeding on March 21st that lasted until March 23rd. My period was due on March 27th but I didn't test until April 1st because I was affraid to after 4 years of SIF and two losses.
    Jazzerbabe Mom to DS Jacob 11/09/2007 TTC since October 2009 BFP 11/18/2012 M/C 01/30/2013
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    edited April 2014
    I had implantation bleeding starting on a Wednesday, and it took until Saturday for me to get a positive. 

ETA: I tested every day from Wednesday until Saturday, and it wasn't until Saturday that the result was positive.

• Options
    I got my BFP about 5 days before my missed period (I used early HPTs and we were trying, so I was looking out for a BFP). I had some implantation bleeding (just one time when I wiped and there was some brown discharge on the tissue), and it was on the day that my period was due after some slight period-like cramping. I haven't bled/cramped since. I tested one more time after that, and I still had a very faint line, though it was much darker than my original line, so I would have still counted it as a BFP.
    October Challenge: How I feel about the 3rd trimester:

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

• Options
    So I thought this was weird and wanted to see what you ladies think. I am 5 wks, 5 days today. On Friday, I began spotting very dark brown, flakey discharge (a couple drops when I would pee a couple times and only wen I would wipe other times.). It's let up since then mostly. Anyway, this concerned me, so I called my doc. She told me it was fine and that it was probably implantation bleeding and to call if it got more copious or red. I didnt think implantation bleeding happened this late??
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    I had implantation bleeding four days before I got my positive.  Hope this helped :)
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member
    Weirdly I got my BFP first, then had implantation bleeding but I got my positive 6 days before AF was scheduled to arrive. Had spotting the day after BFP for 3 days. So that was a few days before my missed period.

• Options
    NELSMD said:
    So I thought this was weird and wanted to see what you ladies think. I am 5 wks, 5 days today. On Friday, I began spotting very dark brown, flakey discharge (a couple drops when I would pee a couple times and only wen I would wipe other times.). It's let up since then mostly. Anyway, this concerned me, so I called my doc. She told me it was fine and that it was probably implantation bleeding and to call if it got more copious or red. I didnt think implantation bleeding happened this late??
    Once you're already pregnant, spotting/bleeding is not caused by implantation (since implantation has already happened), but spotting is not uncommon in early pregnancy. With brown spotting, it's more than likely not something to be overly concerned about, and I really hope everything is fine. Good luck!

MrsDL said:
    Weirdly I got my BFP first, then had implantation bleeding but I got my positive 6 days before AF was scheduled to arrive. Had spotting the day after BFP for 3 days. So that was a few days before my missed period.
    That wasn't implantation bleeding, it was just spotting. Once the embryo has already implanted (and had hcg build up enough for a positive test), any bleeding/spotting is not caused by implantation.
  • Options
    I got what I assume was IB wednesday and thursday of one week, and then got a BFP on the Monday after that. I did not test every day though

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • Options
    katie0919katie0919 member
    edited April 2014
    I started spotting (brown only sometimes when I would wipe) at 5 DPO with my chemical, spotted until 9 DPO. Got a + HPT at 11 DPO. Started spotting brown/red at 12 DPO...betas drawn at 12 DPO...only an 11. Was to go back at 14 DPO for another draw but I got a - HPT that morning and started heavier spotting so I knew it wasn't viable. That's my only experience with "Implantation bleeding", but now in hindsight I don't think that's what it even was, since I don't think the fertilized egg even attached (not successfully anyway)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member

MrsDL said:
    Impossible. You wouldn't have any HCG to turn the test positive if implantation had not occurred yet.

I don't know what you are saying is impossible. All I can tell her is what happened. I normally have a 28 day cycle - very regular. I did have my LH surge on day 8 or 9, so O was a bit earlier than normal but not uncommon for me as I monitor, my luteal phase seems to be longer but I still have very regular 28 day cycles. I had a MMC a few months earlier and this was are 2nd cycle trying after the wait cycle and the one recommended skip cycle per my docs recs. It was a Sunday - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I had pinkish, then brownish spotting, one swipe of bright red - I called my doc as I was concerned with a chemical pregnancy (not that they could have done anything). If I had not taken the test, I would have assumed AF was coming early. I thought  for sure it would be a chemical but I'm 12 weeks on Friday. When I asked my physician at the time about the spotting, she said sure it could be a chemical, but also implantation bleeding. She didn't seem to think anything of it. So clearly I had already implanted as I got 6 positive pregnancy tests, not one, that early. She said the brownish spotting could have been old blood. I have no clue why I had the pinkish/tanish spotting or the one swipe of red when I clearly implanted long before (it wasn't sex as we didn't have sex during that time or a few days before) - but that's what happened and my doctor said it wasn't uncommon.  Just relaying what actually happened and how my physician explained it to me.

• Options
    I had IB at 10dpo and had a positive test 2 days later. 

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"