Cloth Diapering
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    @mapleme... Soft cheese?? Wait... We could've ate those??
  • Options
    If you can argue your point with statistics I take less offense, but to just blanket say, "My kid is fine," means nothing to me. I guess my frustration stems from the fact that very few of the parents of special needs kids I worked will ever know what caused their child to have a special need, be it genetic or environmental.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mapleme I love rants!

Yeah, I'm not overly cautious... And completely get the whole "listeria" comes from so many places that aren "forbidden".
  • Options
    I hate cats.
    I don't understand why anybody likes them or would ever want to own one or would ever want to visit someone's house who has cats.
    They are assholes, and quite often extremely dirty and nasty, and downright aggressive for no effing reason.  Everyone I know with a cat always, ALWAYS has cuts and scratches if not scars on them somewhere from an unprovoked cat attack…wtf?  but heaven forbid a dog bites someone, then we better put down the vicious creature because it's dangerous.

And why do people think it's okay to let the cats that they own roam the neighborhoods?  Because they don't shit in their yard and meow and growl outside of their window at night they think they're just perfect little angels that enjoy the wide outdoors?
    I would love to eradicate the world of cats.
    And why am I the only person who feels this way!?!?!?

• Options
    Sounds like you know a lot of bad cat owners. My cats are nothing like that. Except the asshole part. They are assholes for otherreasons . Like antagonizing the dog.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sounds like you know a lot of bad cat owners. My cats are nothing like that. Except the asshole part. They are assholes for otherreasons . Like antagonizing the dog.
    I understand the mischievous cuteness that can come with cats, but I think a lot of time their awful behavior is excused as "oh my cat is an adorable asshole".  Maybe I just know every bad cat/cat owner to ever exist
  • Options
    Wow. That's pretty darn anti cat. My cat is sweet and adorable and never ever an asshole, nor has he ever bitten or scratched me or the baby. If anything, he's too sweet and annoys me that he always wants to cuddle. And he is not allowed outside.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:

I keep a flannel receiving blanket to throw down on the changing table first. I hate the idea of changing DS at a restaurant table where we're eating, and using very slanted back seat of my car is way more exercise than I care to engage in these days.

But then you have to carry that dirty flannel receiving blanket with you when you leave.  And I will inevitably forget about it, and not wash it, and pull it out of the diaper bag a month later, and wrap my newborn up in it.  Vomit!

TJ, you're right. I bring sanitiZing wipes in my diaper backpack and wash the whole damn changing station before putting M anywhere near it. Lol. I'm weird with germs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I understand the mischievous cuteness that can come with cats, but I think a lot of time their awful behavior is excused as "oh my cat is an adorable asshole".  Maybe I just know every bad cat/cat owner to ever exist
    My money is on the last one. My cats do nothing you just described. They are also strictly indoor cats. The worst we get is Stella trying to play footsie through the gap under the door.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't like cats too. I don't hate them, but I hate see the cats around me while I'm eating. I also don't like the they leave hair every wear
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, you know some shitty cats! I've owned three as an adult and they are not what you described...at all

• Options
    haileyqhaileyq member
    edited March 2014
    I hate cats.
    I don't understand why anybody likes them or would ever want to own one or would ever want to visit someone's house who has cats.
    They are assholes, and quite often extremely dirty and nasty, and downright aggressive for no effing reason.  Everyone I know with a cat always, ALWAYS has cuts and scratches if not scars on them somewhere from an unprovoked cat attack…wtf?  but heaven forbid a dog bites someone, then we better put down the vicious creature because it's dangerous.

And why do people think it's okay to let the cats that they own roam the neighborhoods?  Because they don't shit in their yard and meow and growl outside of their window at night they think they're just perfect little angels that enjoy the wide outdoors?
    I would love to eradicate the world of cats.
    And why am I the only person who feels this way!?!?!?

Okay I'm coming out of lurking to LLOL at this! I'm reading this UO thread thinking "Man I love that but I don't think it's a UO, at least here it's a pretty popular opinion." Then I got to this and thought damn this girl's gonna piss off some cat lovers. Now that's a UO! Even though I don't really care for cats, I just couldn't help but laugh.

ETA for poor typing
  • Options
    @nana_osaki06 and @mandmeesh

okay I realize that me saying "I hate all cats" is the equivalent of saying "pit bulls are dangerous and should be banned" which I am in full disagreement of (that can be another topic though)
    maybe I've just known too many awful cats and cat owners, I'm prejudiced now.  I'm sure there are plenty of good cats out there in the world but I've never really known an enjoyable cat.  
    At best, I can exist in a room with a cat with mutual disinterest but if they approach me, I leave.  Maybe I have bad-cat PTSD?  I'm always afraid they're going to attack me if I pet them….because they always attack me if I pet them.  They'll be enjoying it, purring, living it up…and then SMACK!  and that's just normal and okay?

My most recent cat story was when I stayed the night at my friend's house before her wedding, the cat's food stays in the guest bedroom and they couldn't move it or else the cat would pee on the bed, and we couldn't lock her out or else she'd hold a grudge and pee on the bed the next day?? and so periodically all night long, the cat would come in and walk all around the pillows by my head and then crunch her kibble (I swear she was trying to chew as loudly and slowly as possible)… and I've come to learn this is just normal, expected cat behavior?  My friend is also a vet, so is it along the same vein as "hair dressers have the worst hair"…"vets have asshole misbehaved pets"?   …her dog is a DREAM though.

I don't mind the cat hair & presence while eating annoying, but i've never had one up in my business either.  I'm actually a huge animal lover besides cats
    I found one of my dog's hairs on my dinner plate today…just blew it off.
  • Options

okay I realize that me saying "I hate all cats" is the equivalent of saying "pit bulls are dangerous and should be banned" which I am in full disagreement of (that can be another topic though)
    maybe I've just known too many awful cats and cat owners, I'm prejudiced now.  I'm sure there are plenty of good cats out there in the world but I've never really known an enjoyable cat.  
    At best, I can exist in a room with a cat with mutual disinterest but if they approach me, I leave.  Maybe I have bad-cat PTSD?  I'm always afraid they're going to attack me if I pet them….because they always attack me if I pet them.  They'll be enjoying it, purring, living it up…and then SMACK!  and that's just normal and okay?

My most recent cat story was when I stayed the night at my friend's house before her wedding, the cat's food stays in the guest bedroom and they couldn't move it or else the cat would pee on the bed, and we couldn't lock her out or else she'd hold a grudge and pee on the bed the next day?? and so periodically all night long, the cat would come in and walk all around the pillows by my head and then crunch her kibble (I swear she was trying to chew as loudly and slowly as possible)… and I've come to learn this is just normal, expected cat behavior?  My friend is also a vet, so is it along the same vein as "hair dressers have the worst hair"…"vets have asshole misbehaved pets"?   …her dog is a DREAM though.

I don't mind the cat hair & presence while eating annoying, but i've never had one up in my business either.  I'm actually a huge animal lover besides cats

You get attacked because you can't read cat body language. A good rule of thumb when petting a cat that you aren't super familiar with is to always stop with the cat wanting more.

https://pets.thenest.com/mean-cat-bites-purring-7663.html

If a dog were baring it's teeth at you, you would probably not run up to it and try to hug it. All animals have ways of communicating their discomfort, you just suck at picking up on a cat's.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I was house sitting 2 dogs and 2 cats one time. One cat comes in the room at like 4am, comes on the bed, and spits up a hair ball on the bed I was sleeping in. And litter boxes are nasty. I'd rather pick up dog poop. Cats are nasty.
  • Options

You get attacked because you can't read cat body language. A good rule of thumb when petting a cat that you aren't super familiar with is to always stop with the cat wanting more.

https://pets.thenest.com/mean-cat-bites-purring-7663.html

If a dog were baring it's teeth at you, you would probably not run up to it and try to hug it. All animals have ways of communicating their discomfort, you just suck at picking up on a cat's.
    There is no doubt about it…I mean I can tell if a cat is obviously pissed, and I know ears back and tail twitching are likely bad, but purring and happy to attack mode is something I can't understand.  I read that article but it only confirms further that I do not understand cats.  It kinda explains the reasons for behavior a bit but still in a retroactive way, not "look out for this sign" and there's no way I'm going to check to see if their eyes are dilating while I'm petting them.  I would never tolerate a human who was that dramatic and bound to outbursts, so why a cat?
    I suppose in the future I should think of purring as equivalent to a dog's tail wag… it doesn't always mean they're happy, it can mean they are nervous and about to attack, which makes sense (hey I learned something new!).  So now I won't feel safe around them when purring but continue my avoidance and disinterest in him/her… but when they ARE happy-purring and loving being petted and then all of a sudden decide they've had enough and attack…I don't understand it.  And I know it's not just me because every cat owner I know is always riddled with scratch marks and attack stories.  Are there just an elite few who understand true cat behavior?  In which case, why do so many people still love cats?
    Maybe they do give warnings before attacking (albeit subtle), but it doesn't mean I can't dislike them for being so moody and having so many personalities to accommodate.  

I just re-read this, sorry it's a little repetitive, I'm typing and trying to watch tv :)
  • Options
    bookitup said:
    @daisyemerson‌ Some cats can definitely be moody and can attack unprovoked. But many dogs also exhibit unpredictable and sometimes scary behavior. Dogs jump up onto people, chase strangers, and bark unexpectedly. Some nip, even playfully. I've been accidentally grazed by my dog's teeth many times when tossing a toy or been grabbed by teeth a little too hard during rough housing. Trained dogs might not always do these things, but they still might, just like a cat may scratch unexpectedly once in a while.
    all true.
    I guess I'm just a dog person :)
  • Options
    I don't get maternity boudoir photo shoots. Really... what are you going to do with these photos that you probably spent hundreds of dollars on?

Also... belly painting and belly casts... can someone help me out with those?
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    @Mandmeesh‌ I love you. Why have I never thought of carrying around antibacterial wipes and cleaning the changing table?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @daisyemerson I disagree with most of your anti-cat post because I love cats, but agree on the mauling issue. My cousin was attacked by her own cat once. It was so bad that, if it had been a dog that attacked, people would say it should be put down. But she has had five cats in her life and this one was the only asshole. (They also had to syringe feed her because the mother disappeared when the litter was days old.)
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    My neighbors like to let their cats roam the neighborhood, so I'm anti-the-cats-in-my-neighborhood.  They always crap in my flower beds and raised garden boxes, and it had gotten so bad that I just had to take out the boxes.  

And don't even get me started on my neighbor that has 6 collies that she keeps in her garage that escape several times a week and are out of control.  They have come at me and my dog while in our own yard.  I swear if one of them comes at my baby, there might be less of them.  
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    @Mandmeesh‌ I love you. Why have I never thought of carrying around antibacterial wipes and cleaning the changing table?
    you're welcome, fellow germaphobe :-D @tj1979

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"