Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Traveling with baby

My husband and I are going to Turks and Caicos for a week for a wedding with my little man, who will be 6mo when we go. Does anyone have any suggestions about buying vs bringing diapers/wipes? I am also unsure about what to do about food. My guy is exclusively breast fed and I will be making his food when he starts on solids. Has anyone ever traveled with homemade baby food? If so, do you have any suggestions/ tips?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Traveling with baby

• Definitely bring diapers. They will be way more expensive there, and you don't know that they will have the same ones you can use.

I would recommend bringing store bought food with you. We are traveling soon and will take pouches since they pack easily. Unless you are going to go through the trouble of a cooler with dried ice, I don't think there is way to travel with the food at a consistently safe temperature. If your flight were delayed and any ice packs/ ice melted, you could have to throw out all your food. Your other option, if you are waiting until 6m to try solids, is waiting and starting when you get back.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • We just got back a couple of weeks ago from Turks and Caicos with our baby. He was 5.5 months at the time. I brought a ton of diapers (swim and regular) and wipes - they did sell them there but they were $$$.

We actually waited on introducing anything foodwise til we got back so we wouldn't have the hassle of carrying it with us. We also didn't want to risk him having a reaction to anything new right before vacation. Our son is also EBF. I agree with PP that if you did decide to start the purées you could take a break while away.

Not sure if you're staying somewhere w a washer dryer but I'd recommend bringing detergent if you plan to do wash- my baby is ultra sensitive and the washing machine was clutch since he went thru sooo many clothes, bibs and blankets, was nice to do a couple loads there.

We stayed in walking distance from a major grocery store, and they had everything you could need if you forget something the prices are just high.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"