Toddlers: 24 Months+

two year old gifts?

so my twins' 2nd bday is coming up (can't believe it's going so fast!) and friends and family are asking what they can get for our little ones, a boy and a girl.  my group of work friends usually pitch in for one big gift (around $100, total) for each others' kids, so now it's our turn, and i don't know what to ask for.  and family members are asking what the twins need/want.  i was thinking the radio flyer tricycle, but other than that i have no clue.
does anyone have any recommendations for a neat trike or any other big(ish) ticket item that your little ones are, or were, into?  thanks in advance!

Re: two year old gifts?

• For my son's second birthday we got him a Radio Flyer Wagon as his "big ticket item."  Chanukkah/Christmas followed closely on its heels and his "big ticket presents" were a Burley Balance bike, a skateboard, and an Anywhere Chair.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For DD's second birthday, she got books and college fund monies. So that may not be of help.

"Big ticket" could have been the Club Car, a Radio Flyer wagon, tricycle, and basket ball hoop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • Loading the player...
  • sweet, thanks!  i was looking at the balance bikes b/c our group bought two for another set of twins in our circle...hm.  
    thanks again!
  • janniep said:
    sweet, thanks!  i was looking at the balance bikes b/c our group bought two for another set of twins in our circle...hm.  
    thanks again!
    I was going to say balance bikes or scooters.
  • my kids birthdays are March and May and I always ask for outside things.  For their 1st birthdays DD got a water table and DS got a play house.  This year DS will be 2 and we'll probably be suggesting a tee ball set.  We also have a kid's basketball hoop, play grill, sand box (goes over alot better than the sand table) and soccer net.
  • My kids LOVE their plasma cars!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• yes, i'm thinking along the lines of an "outside" toy too.  close family usually gives us money for college funds.  i love the idea of a play house, and i'll have to look into plasma cars...they have those at the indoor gym we go to. thanks!
  • Going through the same with family/friends for DD's bday- I have suggested some outside things- water table, Thomas the Tank Bubble blower (it is a push behind and we have a big driveway so that should be a hit)...also some inside things she is into, like Duplos, and a pop-up tent for inside (or outside!)...there was a cute VW Bus one a few weeks back on zulily, a friend of mine got it and bought playhouse balls for it to make it like a ball pit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"