Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Rolling onto tummy but not back

My LO is 6 months and has been able to roll both ways since last month. But almost ever since he learned to roll onto his tummy, unless he's in a very cheery mood, he'll get onto his tummy and then start crying, but not roll back. I've tried leaving him to see if he'll do it on his own, but he just gets more and more upset and so I finally roll him back over. What does he do? Roll right back onto his tummy and start again! It's driving me crazy - anyone else have this happening? Do I just have to wait it out? It's so weird that he screams blue murder over it but then can't wait to do it again.

Re: Rolling onto tummy but not back

• Options
    Sounds like my LO! She does the exact same thing. She has never been a huge fan of tummy time but once she learned how to roll she would constantly roll onto her belly and get so upset and not roll back. She did this for over a month and now she's better and will roll herself back to her back.
  • Options
    You just have to wait it out. It took Ros a few weeks to figure out the cause & effect. She wanted to roll over but didn't connect the dots that rolling over causes being on tummy. And she knew how to roll onto her back  but didn't understand that rolling over again would solve being on her tummy.

(Stuck in quote box) ^^ This! @Somerandomchick good explanation. I was just going to say that my LO somewhat forgot that he could roll back over. It took awhile but now he will flip himself back and forth when he wants to. It will take some time but you're little one will catch on soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was coming on here to ask the SAME thing!! My LO is almost 9m and is waking all night stuck on her belly! She has rolled both ways but I guess she doesn't realize this is the solution! She has been sleeping on her belly on her own but after a few hours wakes up wanting to change positions and can't. When I go in to help her she is suddenly wide awake and wants to nurse but she was sttn prior to this and I don't want to get back into night feedings of I can avoid it! I know once she masters this, it'll be standing in the crib unable to sit down that'll be the next issue! Lol always something!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"