Baby Names
Options

Liliana & advice on middle name

So if it's a girl, we're naming her Liliana (we'll call her Lily for short). But I want to use the middle names Claretta and Rose. Should I shorten it to Clara? Then it would be Liliana Clara Rose.  Honest opinions!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

Re: Liliana & advice on middle name

• Options
    Is there a reason you want 2 middle names? I think it sounds very long, especially Claretta. I would shorten it to Lilliana Clara. With Rose it sounds too flowery, but if you are set on 2 middle names I would definitely go with Clara.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not a big fan of the two "a's" at the end. It sounds too over the top. Pretty names though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I <3 Liliana Rose! I don't like the two "a" endings in LilianA ClarA.
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • Options
    I like Liliana Rose.
  • Options

First off, I love the name Liliana!

Liliana Rose is beautiful! It's a bit of a mouthful with the 2 middle names.

• Options

Love, love, love Lilliana.

Lilliana Rose is my first choice. Since we've debated a double mn, I think it's an OK idea. I would do the Lilliana Clara Rose (not Claretta).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Clara... What a great name... Liliana Clara Rose... It would look beautiful monogrammed on a silver rattle!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Liliana.  I dont like the idea of 2 middle names.  And Lily plus Rose is way too flowery.  I think Liliana Clara is beautiful though.
  • Options

Any reason for 2 middle names? I like Liliana Rose a lot though

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

You could combine them. Rosetta, Roseclare...

I don't have anything against double middle names. Joseph has one (check the siggy) and our girl name is Marianna Aurora Rose.

I think the problem is that Lilliana and Claretta don't work next to each other. I'd either adjust or rearrange. Lilliana Rose Claretta sounds better than Lilliana Claretta Rose.

• Options

I think for first names with more than two syllables, a single syllable middle name flows nicely and doesn't sound too "overcrowded".

So I vote for Liliana Rose.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Options

Rose.

I love the name Liliana.  I wanted my Lily to be a Liliana, but Dh thought it was "too long", whatever!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageandrea922:
    Is there a reason you want 2 middle names? I think it sounds very long, especially Claretta. I would shorten it to Lilliana Clara. With Rose it sounds too flowery, but if you are set on 2 middle names I would definitely go with Clara.

Ditto exactly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options

Don't give your daughters two middle names

When she gets married she has five names.  Take it from me, it's not fun.

Plus you can never get cute monograms b/c you have too many initials.

Unless there's a pressing reason please don't do this to your daughter.

Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • Options

I love the name Liliana. Beautiful! I also think Clara is beautiful.

Lily and Rose seems like a bit of a flower overdose though. Are you dead set on two middle names? I have two and honestly, I think it's a pain. Especially since most forms only have room for one MN/MI, one of them doesn't really "count" anyway. My vote would be for Liliana Clara or better yet, Liliana Claire.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I don't like having the first and middle names end in the same letter (Liliana Clara sounds a little sing-songy to me). I would just make it Liliana Rose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"