September 2014 Moms
Options

Thoughts on Bugaboo Chameleon

Re: Thoughts on Bugaboo Chameleon

• Options
    I have the Bee and love love love it! The quality that Bugaboo produces is incredible. The Chameleon looks pretty amazing too though..I've played with one at BBB before :) I prefer the Bee because it works better for 2+ year olds when necessary, but still has lots of amazing Bugaboo features. I love that DD1 can get in and out easily/on her own because it's lower to the ground and stable when she's climbing in.
  • Options
    A&PLA&PL member
    I have a chameleon and loved it for DD but only until she was about 6 months. It is great quality, light and small. Which was great for me since I live in a big city. We walk everywhere or take public transport. The bassinet was fantastic it was like pushing her around in a crib.
    However at 6 months DD could sit so we had to switch to the seat. She would pull her self up all the time and I didn't want her to flip out. She was way to small for it and looked so uncomfortable. Her legs were dangling and she looked sort if hunched over-even in the titled recline position. So We bought in addition a Maclaren Techno XT which we we are still using today she is 3 and a half. This is the best! It works on snow (even took it with us on a glacier) sand, everything. It fully reclines so DD can always sleep on the go. I love it! With this baby we will do the same thing since we still have the chameleon and it looks brand new. But for the cost I don't think it is worth it for 6 months. Just my experience though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were looking into this but since well mostly use the stroller and car this was not the easiest to fold up and pickup. Were looking at the citi mini gt now but I know city people love this stroller

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What do you all think of the baby jogger city select? I'm a FTM and have been really looking into both city select and the chameleon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker  

• Options
    @brittany214‌ were looking at the baby jogger citi mini gt - the select was great but we don't need the option for 2 kids right now. It was so easy to fold up with just one hand and the select I believe you had to squeeze the things on the side pretty hard

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had the bugaboo frog. I live in the city, and at the time I lived in a garden apartment so there were no stairs. It was great for the first year. DS slept in the bassinet of it for the first few weeks of his life so we didn't have to get a bassinet; it was super easy to push in the first few weeks when I was so sore from recovering from delivering him. It was very easy to get him in and out, and just a very smooth ride. My problem came when he was older and I wanted to leave the neighborhood. Impossible to take on the subway, and difficult to fold up and get in the car. We would baby wear and eventually just got an umbrella stroller.

I would recommend it if you don't take public transportation and if you have great cargo space in your car. Otherwise, go with something less bulky.

Now, we live in a building with a stoop, so I would need to schlep the stroller up the stairs every day and I am not going to do that with a newborn. We're going to sell our Frog.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    brittany214brittany214 member
    edited March 2014
    @‌KateSays
    Thanks the video it was really helpful. My husband and I really like this one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker  

• Options
    What about the bee? Is that a good option for newborns? It's definitely a lot lighter than some of the others...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"