Parenting
Options

Have we already talked about the missing plane?

How does a plane just disappear?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Have we already talked about the missing plane?

• Options

There is no way a plane can just disintegrate right?

@luckydad

• Options
    And wouldn't the black box survive?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is some chatter that it may be a terrorist attack. Apparently two of the passengers had their passports stolen within the last year in Thailand, but they were used on the flight.  The people who had them stolen were not on the flight.  

The entire situation is just fucking weird. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    yeah, but a terrorist attack, just on the people on the plane? Because how do you hide a plane?

• Options
    You blow it up.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    But wouldn't radar detect that? Or wouldn't there be pieces?

• Options
    Apparently there's a portion of the flight where the plane goes radio silent.  The communication system doesn't work.

I don't know much about that are of the world, tho.  Maybe @wordsmith26 knows?  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    It was flying quite high and vanished abruptly. Even in the case of pilot suicide there's a sort of technology "waterfall" when things are shut off one after the other. All going off at once usually means something sudden and catastrophic which gave the pilots no time to react. The TWA flight was an example... It exploded but wasn't a terrorist attack.

Since it was so high and going so fast, if it exploded then the pieces would be quite scattered over the very deep ocean they were flying over. Add in some sinking and some being pulled by currents and the difficulty of searches... Not finding a debris field isn't that strange.

As for the two passports-- dh and I were discussing that before. It could be terrorists, but many times people attempting to immigrate will steal passports. When he was in Thailand in 2007 he was told to be very careful because they'd steal his passport and try to use it to move.

image image
  • Options
    I have been coming up with all sorts of insane scenarios that involve all on board still being alive, because honestly, it is just too sad for me to accept right now. 

C is 3 years old

• Options

I feel like it probably blew up, but I don't think it was terrorists because wouldn't some organization have claimed the attack by now? 

This is my thinking. Usually terrorists try to send a message or create terror. If a plane just silently disappears, there's no "message ".

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options
    They don't think the plane exploded. maybe mid-air disintegration? It can happen in less than a second with rapid depressurization, so no time to send a distress call.  

"The United States extensively reviewed imagery taken by American spy satellites for evidence of a mid-air explosion, but saw none, a U.S. government source said. The source described U.S. satellite coverage of the region as thorough." 

• Options
    It sailed away with Captain Jack Sparrow

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Jesse Ventura is probably thinking of all kinds of fun things to theorize.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

I was ready to get butthurt about you guys making light of a really sad situation...but I have to admit I am laughing my ass off at this thread.

So, carry on?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I was just making fun of mbenit, not remotely making light of this tragedy.  Just wanted to clarify.
    No, I know.  Your comment and well placed gif made me literally LOL, because I was thinking the same when I saw her comment.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    This is the plotline to Lost, guise.  
    That's exactly what my DH said.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • Options
    They are on an island with tupac, biggie, michael Jackson and Elvis.

They will find the plane eventually and the black box. It took two years for them to recover the black box from that other plane that went down after taking off from rio.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    It's so scary. It does sound like Lost for sure. I hope there's some answers soon for those poor families :(
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"