Parenting
Options

XP Bittersweet and TONS of Disney question

As a parent one of the things that you never want your child to qualify for is Make a Wish. However Reese does qualify and I got a call yesterday from her wish grantors. Which at the same time makes me grateful for these programs. They told me that they will be granting Reese a wish. 

Up until her diagnosis she had no clue about Disney. We were planning on making the trip eventually but not yet. Due to unlimited television and Disney movies she asks every few days to go "to Disney World and see Mickey and the lizard from Tangled"

From what I read Make a Wish kids stay off site at an amazing place called Give the Kids the World Village (seriously look into it) and get 3 day park hopper passes.

My questions to you:
1. If you can choose any week to go which would you choose? With Reese's chemotherapy she won't handle high heat or humidity well. Also I want to go at a low crowd time. 

2. How would you split up the parks? She will probably be about 3.5 when we go so I doubt she will be tall enough or have the desire for them.

3. Character breakfast? I was thinking one with the princesses. Which one would you recommend?
My daughter is my hero.

Re: XP Bittersweet and TONS of Disney question

• Options
    I am so sorry she is in the situation to be able to qualify for a wish but so glad they can do this for her! She is going to love it!

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    Well, you can't change what's happened so YAY that she gets to go to Disney!  Silver lining of a shitty dark cloud.  I've been to Disney a few times and October was, by far, my favorite time.  Warm but not sweltering and not humid.  Warm enough for water parks and the pool though :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never been either with the kids either but I hope you have a lovely time! I saw a post recently that said that end of Oct was great. Low crowds, good weather, and they apparently do a great kid friendly Halloween.
    Yes. I went in Oct, much much better experience than when I went in the summer. 

I'm so sorry she is in this situation, but so glad her wish will be granted! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Does anyone have any experience with first week in December? I just would love for everything to be lit up for Christmas. I know she would LOVE it :) 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    one of the crowd calendars predicts that the first week wouldn't be too bad with the crowds.  

if you do go then, right up the street from GKTW and on the way to Disney is a town called Celebration.  Every night during the holidays they host a real winter wonderland, complete with an hourly "snowfall" of bubbles. The weather is usually really nice, too.  

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    Someone posted a crowd map awhile back that showed the crowd levels and average temps for every week of the year. Maybe try finding that map. We went to Animal Kingdom when we were on a cruise in the first week of December. I did not think it was all that crowded and the weather was in the high 70's low 80's and not all that humid.
  • Options
    Also, I am sorry about the circumstances but it is so wonderful that Reese is getting her wish. It will be magical for her.
  • Options
    It's really nice that you'll be able to take this trip together. We've always spent more time at MK than any other park. My kids liked the character breakfast at the Contemporary. Definitely look through the entertainment at each park to see which shows she'd like to see. It's a nice way to break up the day and rest a bit.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    Hi! I am a lurker but I live in the Orlando area. Early December would be great and the Christmas decor is awesome. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas is amazing. I also have volunteered at GKTW and it is amazing! Everything is decked out for kids and they even offer babysitting at night so parents can go out. They also have free ice cream all.the.time. I hope you have a great time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"