TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy! 

QOTW: What's your favorite animal (PIPs highly encouraged!) 

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Check in: Today is our transfer date! EEP! I'm so anxious. Our beta will be on March 19th and I'm sure our carrier will take a test before that. She already texted me a picture of the one she's been keeping in her sock drawer for us. I'm a little bummed out because we started off with 13 grade 1 embies and are down to two for sure for the transfer, a hopeful two to freeze tomorrow, and a long shot 2 to freeze. I'm worried that the numbers keep dwindling each time I get an update. However, I'm still sort of in shock that we finally made it to this point and we are actually doing a transfer. An hour from now, our surrogate will be PUPO. 

QOTW: I love hedgehogs and sea turtles. Fun fact: I used to own a hedgehog named Captain. He had an identity crisis...he was a hedgehog who lived in a fish tank and ate cat food. His favorite toy was a hamster ball. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • RachaeleighRachaeleigh member
    edited March 2014
    @sammer818 I cant wait to hear an update. Fx!

@grailseeker14. Im glad that you have been feeling better. Its nice to get a break from the grief/obsession/whatever else

Im on cd 17, cant really tell from temps if I O'd yet and my CM was horrible this cycle. But, I did get my normal O tenderness and cramping on day 15. We didn't even really try, though
    I'm just counting down days to CD1 to get started on injects and IUI. Im really excited to do something different

I feel obligated to say that dogs are my favorite and they are, really. BUT, I've been a bit obsessed with sea turtles lately

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• sammer818 said:
    Check in: Today is our transfer date! EEP! I'm so anxious. Our beta will be on March 19th and I'm sure our carrier will take a test before that. She already texted me a picture of the one she's been keeping in her sock drawer for us. I'm a little bummed out because we started off with 13 grade 1 embies and are down to two for sure for the transfer, a hopeful two to freeze tomorrow, and a long shot 2 to freeze. I'm worried that the numbers keep dwindling each time I get an update. However, I'm still sort of in shock that we finally made it to this point and we are actually doing a transfer. An hour from now, our surrogate will be PUPO. 

QOTW: I love hedgehogs and sea turtles. Fun fact: I used to own a hedgehog named Captain. He had an identity crisis...he was a hedgehog who lived in a fish tank and ate cat food. His favorite toy was a hamster ball. 

Everything is crossed for a good transfer and time to fly by as you wait!! ((hugs))

I have a family member who has a hedgehog, that thing is so damn cute it's scary!  I never knew what a weird and fun little critter a hedgehog could be.  She feeds hers cat food too, as everything online and from the vet suggests this one brand of cat food is actually better for them than the food specifically marketed for hogs. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Not much to update here, other than a rudely long LP with my last cycle put me over the edge more than a little - damn medicated cycles!  At any rate, we're on to clomid cycle #4, I did CD 4-9 pills the last three clomid cycles but discussed with my doctor my concerns with my extensive and heavy pre-period spotting, and we agreed that trying clomid this cycle CD 3-7 might be worth a shot. 

My favourite animal has always been horses, I was completely obsessed as a kid and still love them even though I've never been able to have one of my own.  I was particularly enamoured of Friesians (thanks to the movie LadyHawke) and Arabians (thank you Walter Farley and the Black Stallion books).

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• @Sammer818- All my fingers are crossed for you!!
    @GrailSeeker14- Can you also kick my butt to get to the gym?!
    @rachaeleigh- I hope the time until CD1 flies by!
    @gscoville- I hope the change in clomid does the trick to stop the spotting! Well, if I'm wishing for things I hope you get a BFP and don't even get to know if it helped!

No updates here. I'm boring. Just chugging along, waiting until next AF to start BCP (I think?)

Fav animal is a tiger. Or Orca.

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Everyone welcome on my posts

• I hope it's okay that I just jump right in...I just posted an intro.  

@sammer818  So exciting!  FX for you!!!  I'm sorry your numbers have dwindled, by hopefully what you have will be just perfect.

@GrailSeeker14  It sounds like you are making a lot of healthy changes.  I agree, a nice spring-like day definitely helps with your outlook!

@Rachaeleigh  Hopefully the rest of the cycle flies by!

@gscoville  I did Clomid CD 4-8 last cycle and am doing 3-7 this cycle, too.  Hopefully that does the trick for both of us.

@jbasore1123  Are you still deciding whether to start BCP?  I think I missed an update somewhere.

I am just finishing up BCP after an effed up cycle with a stubbornly long LP...hopefully I will be starting a new cycle in a few days.

QOTW: Cats.  If I didn't have DH, I would totally be a cat lady.  

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • @LaRomana09 Ya, we decided to do IVF one more time because donors ended up costing WAY more than the doctor led us to believe. Third times a charm, right?

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Everyone welcome on my posts

• @LaRomana09 Ya, we decided to do IVF one more time because donors ended up costing WAY more than the doctor led us to believe. Third times a charm, right?

Okay, that was what I thought, I just wasn't sure about the BCP. But I guess you stay on them to regulate your cycles until your IVF?

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • @sammer818: I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for an update!

@GrailSeeker14: yay for feeling better!

@Rachaeleigh: Fx for you as you start IUI! 

@gscoville: good luck with the change in Clomid. Hopefully it helps with the spotting.

@LaRamona09: Welcome to the dark side! I hate you made it over here but you're in good company.

I don't have any new TTC updates, as usual. I have Shingles, which SUCKS. I started noticing a tingling, itching pain on my right side last Saturday and it wouldn't go away. It kept getting gradually worse but couldn't get to the Dr until Thursday since we had a huge ice storm and the roads were bad. I went just in time because I started getting little sores that hurt and itched. I'm on some anti viral meds so hopefully we caught it before it got too bad. It hurts for my shirt to rub against it though. I'm just ready for this to go away.

I love all animals but my favorite has to be dogs. I only have two but would have more if it weren't for DH. I've never not had a dog. I've been told I was a dog whisperer because dogs that wouldn't go to any one else will run right up to me, lol. I also house trained my SIL's dog in one weekend after she had tried for a year (honestly I don't think she was trying too hard but we were keeping him while they went out of town and I don't want an animal pissing in my house) Funny, I can train most dogs except for Boomer. He's almost seven years old and still chews up stuff. Irritating.
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• KMW08KMW08 member
    @sammer818 PUPO!!!!! Sending growing vibes to your embie & surrogate.  >:D< LOVE that your hedgehog had an identity crisis -- too cute!

@grailseeker14 happy birthday! Getting into the habit of going to the gym and working out is great! 

@rachaeleigh fx for cd1 to hurry up and get here & no funny cycle business.

@gscoville I hope changing the clomid days makes a difference for you.

@jbasore1123 sending you af vibes, c'mon af!

@LaRomana09 hi! Hope af shows with perfect timing for you :-*

@EKGibs sorry for the shingles love. I know they suck. I have a weird rash on my neck right now, my docs didn't think it was shingles. So I'm trying some cortisone for now, we'll see.

As for me, nothing new. This cycle is really wonky, FF gave me ch's a couple of times on cd20/22/24, had been going steady for cd24. I never had a true positive OPK and my temp continued to remain fairly level. I'm a poas addict and couldn't stop, so I poas yesterday and got a positive opk & had some pre-o symptoms, ummm WTF. So I'm either just now entering the 2ww or I'm going to be one of those stories who got a weird surge before AF. I really have no friggin' clue. I figure if nothing by CD45 3/20/14 I'll give my RE a call. I have no idea why on the wonky cycle, it's been a good 2yrs since I've had anything this abnormal. GAH.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• @GrailSeeker14 Congratulations on your internship, and sorry your DH wasn't more excited.

@EKGibs I hope the meds make you feel better quickly!

@KMW08 Sorry you're having a wonky cycle, that seems to be going around.  (((HUGS)))

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • @sammer818 - thanks for the check in and yay!! So excited and hopeful for you!

@GrailSeeker14 - good for you for getting to the gym! It's so hard to get into different habits - good luck!

@Racheleigh - good luck with this cycle - I hope your 2ww goes by quickly!

@gscoville - sorry about the long LP - but glad you're able to discuss the changes with your doctor to something you're comfortable with.

@jbasore1123 - hi love! I hope your time flies by!

@LaRomana09 - sorry you also had a long LP - FX for you that your next cycle starts soon!

@EKGibs - boo to the shingles!! I hope the meds get rid of it ASAP!! Feel better!

@KMW08 - ugggh i'm sorry for your wonky cycle :( ((((hugs))))

This is a XP from the IF check in...

As for me...

I'm a little confused about my follicle count but I know I have a minimum of 7 between the two ovaries that are either at or within a day or two of being at the right size to go to egg retrieval. Nurse said she expected them to be at the right size for tomorrow's monitoring appointment and that I would find out tomorrow morning.....so I guess I'll be triggering soon!

Scary & exciting!

I get a little discouraged when I read about others having so many more follicles than I, but I also feel good that the development has been on track for me and that my lining and E2 all look good. 

And ugggghhh the blood draws are starting to get really painful.  They're going to have to find a different place to stick me tomorrow because oooouuuch. 

I also had some serious dizziness kick in yesterday which I hated but I just went to bed as soon as I could.

Today was day 11 of stimming and sticking myself 3-4x per day so I am really ready for this phase to be over with.  Luckily it looks like I will be on some kind of vaginal suppository rather than PIO shots if we are lucky enough to get to the point where we have any to transfer.

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Hi!

@sammer818 - PUPO PUPO!! So awesome! 

@grailseeker14 - awesome on the exercising! That's wonderful! Congrats on the internship too! What an accomplishment. Give your hubby some time to process. He'll come around, just overwhelmed probably at the moment. 

@rachaeleigh - I hope you O'd so we can get the party started! 

@gscoville - ug sorry you've had problems on clomid. I hope changing the days helps!

@jbasore1123 - Just want to give you lots and lots of (((hugs))) right now

@laromana09 - AF is here?! For reals?! I think you should shout that shit from the rooftops. Are you doing another IUI?

@ekgibs - oh no! I'm so sorry. I've heard Shingles is so uncomfortable. I hope it clears up soon.

@kmw08 - gah! that is so frustrating. I hope you ovulated and this is just a weird fluke.

@anitaflora - just remember all you need is one! Keep positive. I have everything crossed. Let us know when you are gearing up for your retrieval. 

IUI #2 was this AM. Letrozole gave me no symptoms which was great. I think I only had one follicle...maybe 2 based on fast it grew. So the response wasn't quite as good as Clomid but we'll see. Lining was great though so that means no progesterone suppositories this time. Woop! 

New clinic rocks. So so happy there. The nurses are amazing and so hopeful for me. My NP said "Hi I'm Suzy, and I hope you never see me again! Well, maybe at the grocery store or to see your baby". I said "Suzy I like the way you think". I'm trying to be realistic, but I need to allow myself to get excited instead of feeling defeated every month. 

Oh and she also complemented me on my abundance of CM. KMW have you gotten that one before? ;)

I love Penguins! So cute. My husband said no penguins for Jens. Boo.

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• sammer818 Yay! PUPO! I’m so excited for you. That’s so cool that you had a hedgehog.

GrailSeeker14 I’m glad that you’re feeling better. Congrats on the internship, though I’m sorry YH is just making you more stressed.

Rachaeleigh Sorry you’ve had an off cycle. It’s great that you at least have a back-up plan to look forward to if this cycle is a bust.

gscoville FX that the change in medication timing will work better for you.

jbasore1123 Hi there!

LaRomana09 Finally AF! I’m so happy for you that you can move forward.

EKGibs Ugh, shingles. FX that the pain goes away soon and the sores heal quickly.

KMW08 I’m shaking my fists at your ovaries. They really need to get it together; they have an important job to do!

anitaflora I have my FX for you! Good luck at the monitoring appointment!

jenkellen Good luck with the IUI! That’s a nice complement you got! haha

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• edited March 2014
    Last BCP will be tomorrow, I've been counting down the days since last week. 

QOTW: I love cats and dogs. And otters. I love animals, it's so hard to pick a favorite.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• @anitaflora How was your monitoring appointment?  I hope it went well and they found someplace to get blood without hurting you too much!

@jenkellen Yes!  AF!  And yeah, I had my baseline US this morning and pending a phone call I will start Clomid today and we will plan on another IUI.  Yay for you not needing sups, and everything crossed for you!!!

@luciddreamer106 Happy Last Day of Birth Control!!!  
    <:-P

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Hi ladies:

Check in: I'm...ok. Found out a coworker is pregnant. She already has 3, and they decided to reverse her H's vasectomy and try again. Took them two months. Yeaaah. So, that's a kick in the gut. I'm hopeful about this cycle and hope I can get some luck of the irish. This will be our 3rd cycle since I came off birthcontrol. The BCP and metformin have greatly helped my cycle regulate. That is very exciting! I'm just ready....pretty close to begging the universe to let me get pregnant! I know so many pregnant ladies, and my BFF from childhood just had her son on March 6th, four days after Ana's first birthday. It's been hard.

QOTW: I love dogs, and we have the cutest guineau pig EVER. I'll have to find a pic later...

((hugs))) ladies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• @sammer818 Good luck! can't wait to hear how it went

@Jbasore1123 3x the charm...like the sound of that. GL!

@EKGibs shingles...ugh I've heard that is so painful!

@luciddreamer106 Yay last BCP....I know that feeling.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards