November 2012 Moms

AW: PIP the blanket is done

After just over 2 months, I am finished with MIL's family tree blanket. It has 144 individual squares. They were then crochet stitched together, each side separately. This allows me to add more grandchildren. The border is green and ruffled on the top 2/3 to resemble leaves and the bottom is brown for the trunk. Each square also has a heart that sticks out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: AW: PIP the blanket is done

• kbl13kbl13 member
    This looks great and I love that you can add more grandchildren to it in the future. So thoughtful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Beautiful, congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • @uconnhuskie007 It is a complete surprise. DH, SD and I are the only ones that know. She will receive it next weekend. I am waiting for tears once she sees the November square and the size of the monster. It fits a full size bed.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You are my hero!

image   My chart 

• That is so awesome!! Beautiful :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive been waiting for this picture! This is very cool! I can't wait to hear about her reaction!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is pretty amazing. It has taken me three months to get half way through a tiny dress for LO that she has already outgrown. I'm really impressed that you were able to do this in such a short period of time. It also looks really cool. Congrats on finishing such a big project so quickly.

I need a little help understanding the arrangement of the colored squares. Is it set up like a traditional pedigree/kinship chart? Which way does it read? Which square is your MIL and which one is you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"