April 2013 Moms
Options

I'm bored!!!!!

Entertain me! 

Ha ha... I'm at work, I have projects I need to get done, but I'd rather plan my kids birthday party, and I'm out of chocolate....

Boo!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

Re: I'm bored!!!!!

• Options
    WEll, I've discovered that I suck at cooking while pregnant - burned dinner (again), and just texted DH who is at the hardware store and told him to get himself something for dinner because his pregnant wife is incompetent.

Also, today my boobs hurt worse than they have the whole time -- just my right one, on the outside... owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I could probably go to bed right now and sleep through the night, but I'm scared I'd wake up at 3 AM wide awake and not be able to go back to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

OMG!  I would LOOOOVE to sleep for more than 6 or 7 hours!  I haven't done that probably since before or shortly after I got pregnant with the girls!  I keep trying to go to bed early, then it's 11 pm all of a sudden and everyone wakes up around 6.

Oh, and burning dinner while pg?  Yeah, been there... I would regularly forget what I was doing.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dog goes woof, cat goes meow.........

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @saxchloe no you don't have wrap the book. I guess it's to start the babies book collection. Our nursery theme is Dr.Seuss & the baby shower hosts wanted to ask people to bring a Dr.Seuss book in lieu of a card but I asked her not to because I didn't want to make people go out of their way.

• Options
    I think the book idea is great! We did this at my baby shower, and although books are indeed more expensive than a card, people just included it as part of the gift expense. We ended up with lots of books to start baby's collection, I'd say about 20, and the messages written inside were really cute!
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

saxchloe said:

I'm going to a baby shower and on the invite it says instead of a card bring a book.... Am I stupid ... I don't get it... Do I have to wrap the book... How can the book be the card?!

I hate this! I feel like I already spent a ton on the gift now I have to buy a book too? I understand that cards can be seen as a waste of money, but I usually make my own cards to include. When I see this I cringe, then write something on the inside of the book, like "welcome to the world, baby girl! Love, me"

Cards are flicking expensive -- like $4! You can get a board book at the dollar store!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

JSS1002 said:

knitfaced said:

saxchloe said:

I'm going to a baby shower and on the invite it says instead of a card bring a book.... Am I stupid ... I don't get it... Do I have to wrap the book... How can the book be the card?!

I hate this! I feel like I already spent a ton on the gift now I have to buy a book too? I understand that cards can be seen as a waste of money, but I usually make my own cards to include. When I see this I cringe, then write something on the inside of the book, like "welcome to the world, baby girl! Love, me"

Cards are flicking expensive -- like $4! You can get a board book at the dollar store!
    I feel awkward giving something so obviously cheep so I always end up buying something nicer. And it always seems like there will be six people that buy good night moon. They've all been personalized so you can't really return them.

This. This. This.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    saxchloe said:

knitfaced said:

JSS1002 said:

knitfaced said:

saxchloe said:

I feel awkward giving something so obviously cheep so I always end up buying something nicer. And it always seems like there will be six people that buy good night moon. They've all been personalized so you can't really return them.

Yeah no way am I buying a dollar store book cause you can totally tell. Note to self also no good night moon! Haha
    I usually give "oh the places you'll go" by dr Seuss -- my point was just that whatever you choose it's only gonna be a few bucks more than a card because cards have gotten so expensive. I love the book thing -- we did that for a friends shower and I thought it was adorable!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

saxchloe said:

Wow. I did not realize that that was how this worked. I thought the book was in lieu of a gift. Would it be cheap to.just get a nice book, like a hardcover picture book and that's all? Or that and a small gift? If it were me I'd rather have a few nice books that are actually worth reading than a bunch of crappy ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Um, you can get cute board books at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $3.99. Win for everyone.

• Options
    Kohls always has $5 children's books, and they're always very nice.
  • Options

My mom did the book shower thing for us with our first.  It was awesome to have all these books already when we started to read to him.  Instead of getting indivdual gifts, they all just contributed a little bit to a carseat.  Which was great because we were out of town, and only the carseat (which was ordered online), and the books had to be shipped.  They held the shower without me, and they spent the shower reading the books they bought to each other :)

As for less expensive books, my son adores the Sandra Boynton books.  I suggest "The Going to Bed Book", "Moo Baa LaLaLa", "Pajama Time",  "The Bellybutton Book", or "Barnyard Dance".  The first two suggestions are the cheapest (shorter) - at about $6.

• Options
    @saxchloe They have been absolute favorites here too :)  The girls are just getting into them now, so it's cool to bring them out more often again!  My son is more into stories with plot now (such as they are for the 2-3 yo set).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"