Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How many oz of milk per day?

Out of curiosity, how old is your LO and how many ounces of milk/juice/water throughout the day do they typically consume?
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many oz of milk per day?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    16 oz of milk, 4 oz of juice and 4 oz of water per day. My son is 18 months.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    18 months.  Up to 30 oz of milk, maybe 20 oz of water, no juice (though apparently DC has been giving some watered down juice instead of just water at snack time).  His sippys are about 10oz and we just fill them up and give them to him.  He gets milk with the 3 main meals (hence about 30 oz) and water for everything else.  Doctor did say he should be coming down to closer to 24 oz of milk around now, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our DD is 13 months and she drinks 14oz of wcm 2oz of whole milk yogurt and about 6oz of water..no juice
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS is 17 mos and has between 10- 15 oz of milk per day usually on the lower end.  He is not a huge fan of milk.  I give him unlimited water and never thought to count the ounces.  He only gets juice if he's constipated or if we are at a party or something.   
  • Options

15 months, 16 oz of 2% milk a day or roughly around that amount,and I'd uess about 8 to 10 oz of water a day..her sippies are 5oz and they're always around and daycare keeps it out for her to have whenever she wants. We haven't done any juice yet.

• Options
    18 months and 8-9 ounces if we are lucky.  He will only drink WARM milk right after he wakes up.  He won't touch it at any other time throughout the day and he will not drink it if it's not warmed.

I've even tried to wean him off the warming and if I heat it for even 10 seconds less he won't touch it!  Very frustrating!  We just give a lot of alternative dairy throughout the day.

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries
  • Options
    Almost 16 months

Plain WCM - between 8-10oz
    WCM/yogurt combo (in smoothie) - 6oz
    BM - once a day, probably not much 
    Water - no more than 8oz
    Juice - none

I always worry about DS not getting enough fluids, but he is peeing fine. He does eat a lot of fruit (2 Cups a day at least) so he gets lots of liquid through that route.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    15 months old tomorrow...

Milk: 8-12oz WCM (with breakfast/lunch/dinner), and nurses 2-3 times per day

Water: 5-8oz (with snacks and between meals if she's in the kitchen asking for "more")

Juice: none (well, actually it's on the snack menu at daycare once per month - so she's had it twice since early January)
  • Options
    My DD is 14 months old.  She is still refusing cow's milk.  She nurses a few times a day, but I asked her pedi if she were to wean, would it be a problem that she's not taking the cow's milk and our pedi said no, because she is a great eater and would be getting everything she needs from a balanced diet.  When I had asked, I knew logically they don't "need" cow's milk but of course I wanted to make sure she was getting everything she needed.

I would say she drinks about 8-12 oz. of water during the day, no juice.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    19 Months and she drinks about 18-20 ounces of water and maybe 8 ounces of milk per day (not a big milk drinker). No juice here.

• Options
    DD is just about 22 months and we do 16-18 oz of milk per day with 20 oz being the max per her pedi).  For water, I'd say she drinks 8-16 oz per day.  And we don't offer juice.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    18 months and 24 oz of milk typically.  That was the guideline given to us at his 15 month appt.  That's 3 sippy cups.  My son would probably drink a gallon a day if I let him.
  • Options
    Oh, and no juice here either.  I'd say as for water he drinks very little.  Probably 6 oz or less a day.  
  • Options
    15 months
    Milk: between 16 and 20 oz depending on the day
    Water: I think about 4 or 5oz

no juice

• Options
    22 months and we don't track amounts anymore. He gets something like:

-3-4 sippies of WCM: on waking, around lunch/nap time, sometimes after naptime, with dinner.
    -water sippy available all the time. He probably drinks 1-1.5 sippies worth of water/day
    -no juice (except prune jc in constipation emergencies)

• Options
    DD1: 21 months
    Organic WCM: 15-20oz - although pedi says we should cut that down little by little to around 10oz
    Water: unlimited, usually about 20-30oz
    Juice: none

*Sometimes she has a little Kefir mixed in with her milk, about 1-2oz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"