October 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 2/28

marbelliemarbellie member
edited February 2019 in October 2019 Moms
This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: If you had to choose between 2 apocalyptic scenarios (zombies or vampires), which would it be?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 2/28

• Loading the player...
  • @elle_0409 the placenta starts to take over hormone production around 7/8 weeks. It's fairly common to start feeling better in the weeks following. 
  • @prpl11butterfly Thank you! Why is it that when I get a sense of relief I must taint it with anxiety? Oh, brain. Maybe take the day off.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• lurking

@elle-0409 I had 3 GLORIOUS days in the middle of nine weeks but then week 10 came back to kick me in the butt. Enjoy :) 
  • @elle-0409 I'm loving that Buffy inspired you to learn Taekwondo
  • @stephanie123456 how exciting! GL with today's appointment
  • @nomangos23 Thank you! I've read about that happening to other women, too. The calm before the storm, LOL!
    @stephanie123456 GL at your appointment today!!! How exciting! Sorry that your DH was cranky this morning. And I hope that you find your doppler!
    @marbellie I met Joss Whedon once and was totally fangirling. I was like, "Oh my gosh! I have to let you know that Buffy made me get my black belt!"
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @prpl11butterfly, ugggghhhh to more snow. Not sure where you are geographically, but where I am has been miserable. Worst winter ever! Spring can come anytime now, please!!

@marbellie, only one more week! You can make it! The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward, right? 😊 Also, I'm pretty excited my EDD stayed the same yesterday so we can remain EDD twins! Also, I'm awwwwing at "jelly bean." Super cute.

@elle-0409, your lessening nausea is giving me light at the end of the puke-tunnel. Only another week! I can make it! (Actively choosing to "LALALALALALA I didn't hear that!" to @nomangos23 post on the subject 😜)

@stephanie123456, THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!!!! Hope your appointment goes great! I'll be (im)patiently waiting for your update later today!!

• What's going on this week? Baby orange seed

How far along are you? 5w3d

Anyone have an appointment this week? Went to the doctor's for another reason

Cravings/Symptoms? Mood swings, upset stomach, boobs hurt

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Been a rough few days with sickness in my house. Went to the regular doctor yesterday because I felt my bad cough and congestion was moving into my chest. Turns out likely was shortness of breath I get in early pregnancy. Then last night, I ate a dinner I probably shouldn't have and was up with bad stomach issues and a low grade fever (could be unrelated because DD also had a low grade fever last night). Terrified that I had any type of fever so early in the pregnancy. Even though OB isn't concerned, Dr. Google has freaked me out.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: If you had to choose between 2 apocalyptic scenarios (zombies or vampires), which would it be? Vampires. The All Souls Trilogy will convert you if you're in doubt.

• @galentine I hope that my EDD stays the 6th too~ 

• @galentine Such good news! Congrats!

@prpl11butterfly Yay for positive hcg! 

@marbellie Jelly bean is so cute!!

@elle-0409 Everyone is different. I feel like I had some fake outs before, and when I thought I could eat again, it came back with a vengeance. 

@stephanie123456 Hope today went well!

• @stephanie123456, YAY!!!!! So glad your appointment went well and baby is measuring right on track!! I'm sorry your H blew the surprise, though!
  • @stephanie123456 WAHOOOOOO!! Yay little Lima bean!!
  • @galentine soft pretzels and nacho cheese are like my favorite things 😋
    @elle-0409 I love Buffy!! I was absolutely obsessed in high school and would bring my tv/vcr combo to the living room every night to record 2 episodes that came on cable at 4am. Then watch them immediately after getting home 😂😍
    @sorarose I hope you're feeling better soon 💚
    @stephanie123456 I'm so sorry DH ruined the surprise... But Yay for a good appointment! 

What's going on this week? Baby is the size of a raspberry and growing about 100 cells a minute 
    How far along are you? 7+1
    Anyone have an appointment this week? Had our dating ultrasound Monday and got to see this blurry bean 😍 next one isn't for 3+ weeks 😭
    Cravings/Symptoms? Sweets. Chocolate specifically. Nausea comes and goes. Can't stand the smell or taste of BBQ which makes MH so sad. 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? Not much, just getting ready for our open house tomorrow 😬
    GTKY: If you had to choose between 2 apocalyptic scenarios (zombies or vampires), which would it be? Vampires I think. Maybe the iZombie zombie situation, but most zombie scenarios freak me the eff out. 
  • @marbellie, it's finally appointment week!!! I am so excited for you!! 😊
  • @galentine thanks I'm seriously the most excited and terrified I've ever been in life, this next day is going to take forever. 😭😁
  • Well, @nomangos23 was right. The nausea came back. But it was a lovely reprieve! How are you feeling, @galentine ? Is it getting any better?
    @stephanie123456 I am so happy that your appointment went well! How did your twin sister take the news?
    @nnaelilak Oh my gosh, I had too many VHS tapes with Buffy episodes recorded on them. How did the open house go?
    @marbellie FX that you have a beautiful, perfect appointment!!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @elle-0409, oh no!!! Sorry the nausea came back! 😢 How long of a reprieve did you get? I feel like I might be going through this same thing now. Yesterday and today were the first days in about two weeks when I didn't vomit in the morning, and today..... well I don't want to jinx it, but I actually feel pretty human! No nausea at all so far today!

So how many days can I expect to feel ok before it all comes crashing back down?
  • @galentine I had two days when I felt human and tried to eat healthy foods, then it was back to carbo loading and nausea. Oddly enough, I still haven't vomited. However, I feel a motion sickness kind of queasy all day long.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited March 2019
    If it makes you guys feel any better, there are more reprieves coming your way! I've been GREAT today and yesterday!! :) 
  • @nomangos23, thanks for giving us the light at the end of the first tri nausea tunnel!!!
  • @junebabyh beautiful US pic posted in that thread, congrats!
  • @marbellie Thanks!!!!!!!! The feeling of happiness when you see and hear the heartbeat for the first time never goes away no matter how many times you've done it before. Good luck tomorrow! xx
  • I'm really regretting making an afternoon appointment for this... The idea was to work beforehand, but I'm so nervous and excited that I can't concentrate anyways. I don't even pray and I was praying this morning haha.
  • @marbellie, I had the exact same thought the morning of my appointment. And I got very little work done that day 😂 I hope the day flies by for you. Can't wait for your update later!!!
  • @marbellie @galentine SAME here!! Hope your appointment goes well today!!  <3<3
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @marbellie I just came here looking for your update! :D I can't wait to hear all about it!! FX that you have a wonderful appointment. <3
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• @marbellie, I hope you are getting a peak at you little jelly bean right now!!! I can hardly stand the suspense!
  • @galentine @elle-0409 @stephanie123456 the appointment went amazing....I just kept asking for the US the whole time because I let my light symptoms make me assume the worst for days now. But she was able to find it right away and we were so happy to see the flickering heartbeat. Hearing it was the best.

As a cautionary tale, I took a test this morning and the test line was not as dark as previous tests and that made me more anxious. After a certain point, testing needs to stop!
  • @marbellie, YAY!!!!! So glad you had a great appointment, and that you got to see and hear the heartbeat! 

Soooo next most important question: are we staying due date twins? 🤞🤞
  • @galentine yes we do! 10/6 for the win! She said that I'm measuring 8+6 but that it's close so my LMP date is the winner 😁
  • @marbellie woohoo for EDD twins!

• @prpl11butterfly YAY!!! That is so awesome. So glad that your appointment went well  <3<3<3
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @prpl11butterfly, I am SO happy for you!!! ❤