Infertility

Microdose Lupron side-effects? Anything to alleviate?

I'll start Micro-dose Lupron tomorrow for this cycle instead of Ganirelix, which I was excited about because it should get me more eggs and I hated taking the Ganirelix (which hurt for a long time AFTER the injection) and made me really emotional. Plus, its cheaper! But I've done some searching on Lupron side-effects and now I'm really worried. Who has experience with the Microdose Lupron and did you have side-effects and was there anything you were able to do to help? I've seen lots of mentions of headaches and hot flashes.

Thanks!!!

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

Re: Microdose Lupron side-effects? Anything to alleviate?

• I think the worst of my side effects was headaches & I'm not even sure if that was directly related to the MDL.  I had a headache pretty much every night of stims but not until about 8 or 9 at night so it could have been a number of others things as well.  I honestly had minimal side effects from it & the injections were not bad at all.  I was on 10 units twice a day.

Me (36) - LOR, DH (34) - MFI (low count & poor motility)

TTC since 01/2012

11/2012-04/2013 Unmonitored Clomid cycles through OB/GYN; Referred to RE

05/2013-Benched due to cyst

06/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + TI = BFN

07/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN

08/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + IUI #2 = BFN

09/2013 - Benched for lap & hysteroscopy (Stage II Endo Removed)

10/2013 - Menopur + HCG Trigger + IUI #3 = BFN

11/2013 - Menopur + HCG Trigger + IUI #4 = BFN

12/2013 - Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI #5 = BFN

2/2014 - IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 5R/4M/4F w/ICSI; 2 embies transferred on day 3 (none to freeze)

2/27/14 - First BFP Ever!!!  EDD 11/3/14

• I just finished 3 months of depot lupron (same thing only one injection per month and it is used to treat endo and adenomyosis). I only last week started getting hot flashes; however, I had a nasty, ever present headache until my primary care provider prescribed medication for migraines. Also, I have had joint pain that has been nagging since I started the depot lupron.

Hopefully, since you are doing the micro dose you won't experience the intensity of the side effects like I have.

GL.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Loading the player...
  • I took 10 units 2 weeks leading up to stimming and currently on it now (I'm stim day 7).  Honestly, I didn't notice any side effects at all.  I've had a few head aches here and there and possibly some hot flashes at night, but nothing worse than what the stim meds are doing to me :).  Good luck.

**Sig warning***

TTC since 9/2011. DH - 32, me 32.

IUI#1 (natural): BFN; IUI#2 (clomid): BFN; IUI#3 (clomid and follistim): BFN.

IVF #1 March 2013, freeze all (OHSS).

FET#1 June: BFN

FET#2 August: delayed due to thin lining (6.3).  Took a few months off to try and thicken the lining with lots of estrodial.  FET#2.2 December: Cancelled due to thin lining (4.8). Two frosties left.

*New RE* Sonohystrogram and hystereoscopy done in Feb.

IVF #2: ER 3/4/14  ET 3/7/14, transferred 3, 3 day 9 cell perfect embryos.  No frosties.

Beta #1 (14dp3dt) 504

Beta #2 (21dp3dt) 11,561

First ultrasound on 4/3/14 showed 3 sacs: one empty and two with beating hearts!!  At 7w2d, found out that one baby did not have a heartbeat anymore.  Praying that baby B makes it.  Baby B is a girl!

EDD 11/25/14 BORN 11/29/14

**PAIF/anyone welcomed to comment!!  Thank you.

imageimageimageimage

• I started on 10 units of Lupron 1x a day then dropped down to 5 for the last week. I had minor headaches & only a few days of hot flashes. The Ganerilix made me 100x sicker!!! I'd take Lupron over Ganerilix any day!
  • I did 10u twice a day for 12 days along with my stims for my first IVF. I really didn't have any side effects. An occasional headache here and there, but who knows if the MDL caused it. I think a lot if those aside effects are related to non diluted lupron.

One thing you'll want to do is take the meds out of the fridge about 30 mins before infecting. When cold it can cause discomfort.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• I did Lupron depot too for almost 6mths, the first 3 or is I had terrible hot flashes. Some joint pain mostly in my hip. No headaches, good luck!
    TTC Since 2012
    Me: Endo Stage IV (20+yrs) (who knew? Not me)
    MyLove: Pretty Ok. Low #s (i think) 
    IVF#1: No Eggs to Retrieve
    Taking time to ourselves
     Poor Responder will add COQ10 & DHEA next cycle
    **All Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"