13»

Re: UO it's Thursday right?

• #teamsmallspoon

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • sleepy33 said:

HFrizzle said:
    I think the shopping cart cozies for the baby to sit in are a giant waste of money. Kids need germs and if they can't sit upright well enough to be strapped in without all the extra padding, then they don't belong in the seat.

Germs are one thing. Salmonella is another. #rawchickenjuiceerrywhere

The rest of your opinion doesn't make sense. The cozy doesn't help my kid sit upright, the blanket I tuck in next to him does. The strap on the cozy is no different than the strap on the actual cart seat.

I completely understand what the padding is for. If they can't sit up right, they flop over and can hurt themselves, hence the padding.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Loading the player...
  • muffyvonmuffmuffyvonmuff member
    edited February 2014
    Bump burp
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• HFrizzle said:

HFrizzle said:
    I think the shopping cart cozies for the baby to sit in are a giant waste of money. Kids need germs and if they can't sit upright well enough to be strapped in without all the extra padding, then they don't belong in the seat.
    Germs are one thing. Salmonella is another. #rawchickenjuiceerrywhere

The rest of your opinion doesn't make sense. The cozy doesn't help my kid sit upright, the blanket I tuck in next to him does. The strap on the cozy is no different than the strap on the actual cart seat.
    I completely understand what the padding is for. If they can't sit up right, they flop over and can hurt themselves, hence the padding.
    ...but they can't fall over, b/c of the strap. #Idontunderstand 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

• nbcarlson said:

My UO: I don't like wine or beer or really alcohol in general. I just don't get it! It tastes nasty, all of it!

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61uyec7p31rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I know! I'm so weird! I have tried so many times and I just can't get into it. I have a tone of alcoholism on both sides of my family so I kind of wonder if it causes an aversion for me. Everyone else in family drinks on the reg. I try my husbands beer when ever he has it also and I've never ever liked it. I've been drunk maybe three or four times ever. And that was because I drank frilly drinks.

This is me when I drink alcohol:

• ElleStaxx said:

I don't like coffee, can't stand taste or smell

#howdoyoufunction

Not sure some days!

• Still trying to envision an astronaut mixing non-dairy powdered creamer into his/her coffee in a zero gravity environment.  Spoiler: it does not end well.

I was thinking this! Ha!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• I lurve coffee, country, and skulls on baby clothes. DH and his whole fam are ECU Pirates so we can easily get away with them around these parts.

My UO: I LOATHE children having pacis when they are old enough to walk and talk. I also can't stand seeing a child w/ a paci in his/her mouth just because...like if they are just playing or something and clearly are nowhere near melt down mode.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Ok, about the paci thing I have a s/o...
    My brother and his wife have a 1 year old. When he was a newborn he didn't care for a paci. SIL heard they help reduce SIDS risk so she really wanted him to take one. They went to a pharmacy and got some of the cherry flavoring used to add to kids medicine and put it on the paci to make him want to take it. Kid is now obsessed with it and cries if it ever isn't in his mouth.
    Anyone else think this is a crazy idea or just me?
    My brother and his wife have a 1 year old. When he was a newborn he didn't care for a paci. SIL heard they help reduce SIDS risk so she really wanted him to take one. They went to a pharmacy and got some of the cherry flavoring used to add to kids medicine and put it on the paci to make him want to take it. Kid is now obsessed with it and cries if it ever isn't in his mouth.

That's all I have to say about that.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Ok, about the paci thing I have a s/o... My brother and his wife have a 1 year old. When he was a newborn he didn't care for a paci. SIL heard they help reduce SIDS risk so she really wanted him to take one. They went to a pharmacy and got some of the cherry flavoring used to add to kids medicine and put it on the paci to make him want to take it. Kid is now obsessed with it and cries if it ever isn't in his mouth. Anyone else think this is a crazy idea or just me?
    I think it is crazy that the kid liked the flavor of cherry medicine.  Our reflux medicine is cherry flavored and he looks at me like I am trying to kill him every time I give him his dose.  I have to touch the end to his tongue so he knows what is coming and can flail his arms before I have the dropper in his mouth.

I think it is crazy that the kid liked the flavor of cherry medicine.  Our reflux medicine is cherry flavored and he looks at me like I am trying to kill him every time I give him his dose.  I have to touch the end to his tongue so he knows what is coming and can flail his arms before I have the dropper in his mouth.

Maybe it tastes different since its just cherry flavor with no medicine in it? Maybe just crazy sweet and no bitter med flavor?

That's insane. LO is addicted to her paci and has been since day one. I am that mom where every damn picture of her daughter seems to include her paci hanging from her mouth (hangs head in shame). I swear I'm not going to be that mom that let's LO run around with a paci when she's walking/talking but at this rate I'll prob lose that battle too.

Anyways.... Hmmm
    - skull and crossbones clothes are definitely not my style

- we were gifted a million baby shoes, they are so cute but I can't ever find a good reason to stick them on her feet? Love those boots though, suddenly thinking I need a pair of boots for LO! Oh wait, that just restarts my shoe conundrum...

- I like country music in moderation, our wedding song was "Then" and I pretty much cry whenever I hear it

- I can't imagine putting LO in the cart yet, she's tiny but strong, but nowhere near ready for that. I think ergo for the win for a long time while grocery shopping for us. Tots agree that grocery storm germs are the worst.

- I love all coffee and not liking any alcohol, wow, that's insane, but good for you! #mustdrinkallthewine

- spoon size? Small I guess but not too picky about it, as long as it's loaded with something good, hmm like coffee or wine...

- oh Bob Costas, the eye infection guy?! I don't know how I've missed him before but he seems pretty annoying to me, not gonna lie.

I'm just playing the comment on everyone else's UO game. No creativity from me today.

Here's a pic of my paci obsessed daughter for your viewing pleasure.

• @awwwpuddin I accidentally unfollowed your IG while staring at your lil cutie soooo I added you again
  • A only wears shoes when in a real outfit out in public. And even then its soft soled boots that she can wiggle and flex and move in/with.

Paci's after 1&1/2 make me think there may be a deeper self soothing problem. That being said she will probably make a hypocrite out of me.

To each their own on skulls, Bob costas, tattoos and piercings. Some country music is ok.

Swearing and being riotous in public/at large scale events is really rude in my opinion. If you wouldn't walk down the street behaving in that fashion why is it ok to be a lewd jerk at a game?

Our death trap wobbled for like a day. Its on carpet though and hasn't wobbled since A figured out how to make herself bounce.

Fabulous boots pip.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Our death trap wobbles.

I love most country.

I take the paci out for pictures.

I will use a shopping cart cover. DH caught Coxsackie virus, the Dr said he likely caught it from something like a shopping cart.

I don't mind skulls in moderation.

I have tatoos.

Shoes are hard yo!

Love coffee and alcohol.

Bob Costas seems fine to me. I didn't hear anything political. But even if I did, I don't think he wrote all the programming, it was probably a script. And plus also if I was in his shoes I'd say nice things about Russia too. While I'm sitting there IN Russia with US and Russian relations on shakey ground.
    #notstiringputinspot

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I love wearing LO while shopping. She falls asleep and it's just so much easier. I hope she likes it forever so I don't have to use the cart. They love chewing on the handle so a cover is totally necessary! Ew, so many hands.

Haven't studies shown that the top part of the cart has the most germs? Everyone puts their dirty purses there and the bottoms are purses are disgusting because they are put on everything. Yuck.

Crazy. BUT my husband has a little brother that died of SIDS, so I understand having an obsessive fear of SIDS, to the point you might do something like this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"