September 2012 Moms
Options

HBO's Girls

Do you guys watch? I'm just finishing up the second season, so no spoilers.

I'm not even sure why I continued watching. I guess it's like a car wreck and I can't take my eyes off of it. The sex scenes are painfully awkward.

Do you guys like the show?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HBO's Girls

• Options
    This third season has been EONS better than the second season. I don't know what happened during season 2, but just wait for season 3 before you give up completely.

Because I was never that type of 'Girl' -- if they even exist -- I just find the whole show somewhat amusing.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I echo a lot of what @phytoocean thinks.  The 3rd season is better.  Not great, but I feel like it's something to watch when I'm catching up on other stuff.  I was quite wild in my past and never managed to get myself into stupid situations like that.  I find Lena Dunham completely intolerable...there's not one single person on that show that I would ever want to be friends with IRL. My niece is 23 and completely L O V E S this show.  It could just be that I'm too old. :-)

It's no Gigalos, that's for sure.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watch.  I'm kind of addicted to it now, actually.

It really reminds me of the dynamic between myself and one of my closest groups of friends.  My friend Andrea IS Hannah.  I honestly feel like the character is based off of her life.  Haha.

• Options
    I gave it a whole season but I just couldn't go on. It was just so bad I had no interest in continuing.

• Options
    We've watched it since the first season and I'm still not completely sold on it.  Pretty much every character drives me nuts.  The sex scenes nauseate me.  But every so often there's a funny episode that keeps me watching.  I wouldn't be upset if it was canceled, though.  Nor would I be surprised. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options

We've watched it since the first season and I'm still not completely sold on it.  Pretty much every character drives me nuts.  The sex scenes nauseate me.  But every so often there's a funny episode that keeps me watching.  I wouldn't be upset if it was canceled, though.  Nor would I be surprised. 

Yeah it's just so strange to me. I can't think of one reason why I like the show, but it's oddly addicting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"