Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

A cold again?!

My 20 month old and I got a cold simultaneously a few weeks ago and we got over it abut 10 days ago. No more runny nose and feeling better and normal again. This Saturday we went to the park and today, 3 days later he s having runny nose again!(with thick mucus and all). Could it be possible that he got another cold??  could this be allergies? Teething?? He is also teething bc his molars are popping and hence his hands in his mouth more often. 
I'm worried that another cold when he just got over one will take a toll on him. This was by the way, his first cold ever. Please advise, Im so worried...

DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU

Re: A cold again?!

• Options
    Sounds like another cold. Use a humidifier and get some good raw food full of vitamins for LO to eat.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    This is the cold and flu season!  DS is having his 2nd cold in 1 month (each one lasted 2 weeks, so he has only been "healthy" for 1 week over the past month).
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any tips from avoiding catching his cold? Ok... I know I may have it already buti hope I don't. Last time it was very rough to take care of a sick child being sick :(
  • Options
    I feel your pain. DD has had colds on top of teething (molars) off and on for the last couple months and it's miserable. Especially when I catch her cold too. I wouldn't worry, but it is unfortunate. Not much advice other than the basics: use a humidifier, slightly elevate one end of the crib, could try those Hylands Little Cold tablets.
  • Options
    minervacullenminervacullen member
    edited February 2014

Any tips from avoiding catching his cold? Ok... I know I may have it already buti hope I don't. Last time it was very rough to take care of a sick child being sick :(

I dose up on vit D and zinc. Works like a charm! Make sure you take zinc with food though. I do 50mg with each meal and 1200-1600iu of D per day. I also have these children's gummy vitamins that are for fighting illness with C and other stuff. I'm usually someone who is always getting suck, but since I started with D and zinc, I am able to maybe get a few sneezes when the kids are hacking and miserable.

Eta. I can't take cold meds, so I had to find alternatives. I did lots of research, legit scientific studies and advice from medical professionals.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    DS had a cold for pretty much the entire month of January.  It'd start to get better and then come roaring back.  We used a humidifier and kept his nose clear as much as possible, and did limit some of our outings, but otherwise we just kept on as normal.  He never seemed to phased by it, except for one day with a fever, and of course all of the nose wiping we had to do for him.
  • Options
    Also, how in the world is this your LO's first cold?! lol that is awesome...I feel like DD has had 20 :(
  • Options
    LimaD said:
    Also, how in the world is this your LO's first cold?! lol that is awesome...I feel like DD has had 20 :(

I know... He is a preemie and stayed in the nicu for a month and a half. Preemies are at higher risk of having a major complication of a cold and RSV. So I did everything I could to prevent him from catching a cold, or RSV. So thank God, his first winter was cold free. Now that he grew up I'm more laid back and this is the result. I understand he's building his immunity but colds too often like this are depleting. I hope he gets a break after this one!
  • Options
    My friend is really into oils - and I am getting some Theives for my son. She said to put it on his feet before we go to Daycare and it will help keep germs away. We will see! But we are battling colds non-stop here too. LO just started daycare 6 weeks ago and it has been fun :P 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"