Late Term and Child Loss

New Here **Ticker**

**Ticker Warning**

I guess it's time to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a couple weeks.

DH and I were devastated to learn at 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant that our daughter had no heartbeat. We were sent to the hospital to induce and delivered her on February 11th, 2014, one day before her due date. Her name is Adeline and she was beautiful... Absolutely perfect.

We are hoping to have some answers at my 5 wk pp appt with the OB, but they've warned us it's a 50/50 chance anything will be found. We decided to do the autopsy and have the placenta tested. 

Adeline was DH's first child, my second. DS (3.5 yrs) is from my marriage to my ex-husband. 

DH and I are still reeling from everything, but starting to muddle through our emotions. He's angry and sad... I'm just sad mainly. The anger comes but it's not at God or any particular person, it's just over how unfair this all is and how I want her here with me. He doesn't want to even think about a future pregnancy, while I want to start trying as soon as the doc gives the okay. I don't know, we're in two different places but still here together... If that makes sense.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies.

My life, my love, my boys
imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

Re: New Here **Ticker**

• I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your sweet girl, Adeline. I hope the testing of the placenta will give you and your DH some answers and maybe he'll feel more comfortable next pregnancy. Again, so sorry you find yourself here--these ladies are wonderful.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter.  I hope you find some answers and some comfort.  thinking of you.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Loading the player...
  • Ticker warning

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter.  It's so heartbreaking and unfair.  I am glad you found us, but I hate that you have to be here.  Please post here as often or as little as you need, it's an amazing group of women with tons of support to offer.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the group. (((HUGS)))

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl Adeline. Although are situations are different, my DH is the same way in regards to another pregnancy. I hope in time they both will change their minds but in the meantime just give eachother grace. We are all here for you when ever you need us. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ****Sig Warning****

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Adeline.  Sending you so many ((((hugs))))

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• ***SIGGY WARNING***

What a beautiful name. I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your sweet Adeline. Please lean on us as you need to - this board has been a great source of comfort for me as I've dealt with my loss. We're here when you need us. **HUGS**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Oh no, @OutOfStep81, I am so sorry to hear about your Adeline.  I remember you from the February board and I am so very sad to see you here.

I hope you find answers but there is a chance you may not - regardless I am thinking of you and your family and praying for peace.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

• Thank you ladies. I hate that any of us are here.

@mingaling2 I remember you from the February board as well. Hope you are well.

Did any of you feel kinda "removed" from it for a while? It's real, I know that, but it's almost like it's hitting me in small doses just how "real" it is... If that makes sense.

My life, my love, my boys
    imageimage

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

• Did any of you feel kinda "removed" from it for a while? It's real, I know that, but it's almost like it's hitting me in small doses just how "real" it is... If that makes sense.
    Very much so. Normal and strange - it sort of comes and goes in waves. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

• ***sig***

You picked a beautiful name for your daughter, Adeline. I am so very sorry for the reason to welcome you, but we do so with open arms. 

Our little girl's testing came back inconclusive. It was nice to not be able to place blame or guilt, but hard because I wanted something to fix, especially for future pregnancies.

It is normal to feel removed from the situation, to feel like you are in a dream and this cannot be happening to you. Its also normal to want to be pregnant again. Not to replace your daughter, but to fill your empty arms. Be patient with your DH. Many couples choose counseling to help them go through the grief process. Its a journey one day at a time.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't wrap my head around these late losses in the third trimester...  it never gets easy reading about them.  I know you will find support here - the ladies here have really helped me to keep going. 
  • * ticker *

So sorry for your loss. My husband and I were the same way about trying again. I knew I needed to try right away. Eventually after we came through the terrible foggy period right after our son's birth, we were able to talk through our feelings and start trying again. Take care of yourself!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• I'm so sorry to welcome you here but hope you find some comfort as you begin to heal after the loss of your sweet Adeline. What you're feeling is all very normal!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I felt the same way after my first loss to try again and especially now after y second loss I'm even more determined.
    But the main thig is to be there for each other first and to take everything a day at a time.
    I wish you all the best
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Adeline. Many hugs. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story sounds very similar to mine. We lost our son on December 25th which was two days before his due date. Like @Noethola, our testing back inconclusive. We know it was a placental abruption but the reason why it happened when both he and I were healthy is unknown. It's difficult to not have answers but I've slowly been finding peace with what happened. I'm sending hugs your way. Please take care of yourself.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter, Adeline. I hope this board becomes a good source of support for you. Welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Adeline. What a beautiful name! No one wants to join this club and I am so sorry to welcome you here. Your feelings of removal are completely normal - I still have moments of shock and disbelief as it hits me again that we lost our little boy. Please know we are here as whenever you need us. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter Adeline. What your describing it normal. Huge hugs, lean on us when you  need too...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Thank you ladies. I hate that any of us are here.

Did any of you feel kinda "removed" from it for a while? It's real, I know that, but it's almost like it's hitting me in small doses just how "real" it is... If that makes sense.

That is exactly how I feel. I go through bouts of crying, but then I just feel like the whole thing is unreal, and there is no way this could actually be happening to me.

In regards to trying again, my DH wants to try right away, and I don't have any problem with that except I feel like we aren't supposed to for some reason, like it's all going to hit me at some point and I should wait for that to happen before we try.

Anyway, don't want to make this about me, welcome to the board. Adeline is a beautiful name.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• I am sorry for your loss of Adeline ((hugs))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"