Potty Training
Options

night and nap training

I decided to give pting a go today, and with reminders, we had a VERY successful day... she cried at naptime when I put a diaper on her but it was soaked when she woke. Well I thought maybe I should just let her soak the bed... I put her to bed with just training pants and pjs on... told her she was a big girl and didn't need to wear a diaper... its been about an hour and I checked on her, she's already soaked thru. Which I obviously expected. But I am CLUELESS as to how to go about doing this!!! Any insight???
eliza bopple
Eliza born 1-25-12
Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14

Re: night and nap training

• Options
    We gave up diapers and never looked back - not for naps, not for nighttime.
    I've heard different opinions on this but we went with not sending a mixed signal. When you're done with diapers, you're done.
  • Options
    For us, my kids were young when we PT (15 & 17 months old) so for me I felt it was too confusing to say stay dry during the day but not at naps and night time so we went straight to underwear all the time.  However, since we CD when my kids turned @1 we took out the fleece liner that shielded them from feeling the wetness and they naturally stopped peeing during naps. So for us naps were easy.  Other than recommended she go prior to naps, I think its something she will do very soon if in underwear.  At bedtime we would put them to sleep and then when we went to bed (@10-11pm) we would wake them up and have them go potty.  We did it for 2 reasons- it taught them that its okay to go potty in the middle of the night and that we expected them to stay dry.  We did it for maybe 1 month and stopped and they either slept through the night or they'd wake up and ask to go (we had them in cribs still so we had to take them)- either way they woke up dry.  Also, the first few months we had them wear a diaper cover at bedtime just in case. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK, that's good advice. She woke up around midnight SOAKED head to toe... I had to change the sheets her clothes everything... and she was crying and upset. She was upset I put a diaper on her :( becuz they're for babies... ugh!!! Did you have that experience where they just woke up drenched when going cold turkey????
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options

OK, that's good advice. She woke up around midnight SOAKED head to toe... I had to change the sheets her clothes everything... and she was crying and upset. She was upset I put a diaper on her :( becuz they're for babies... ugh!!! Did you have that experience where they just woke up drenched when going cold turkey????

Are you asking if my kids had accidents- of course!! They're kids not superhumans lol!! That's part of training. However taking away liquids an hour before bed and of course having them go before bed and waking them up drastically reduced it. We didn't have many. I really would suggest underwear for naps and bedtime and if your nervous get washable trainers to go over then a pull on diaper cover. We just used underwear with a cover and that took care of it.
  • Options
    OK thanks!
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    Maybe try underwear and a diaper cover?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"