Babies on the Brain

Oh they're on the brain alright

McCMalMcCMal member
edited February 2014 in Babies on the Brain
So I'm engaged, and my fiance and I are living together. While we're planning on having kids (after at least a year of marriage), now is not really the time for me to be 5 days late. I thought I could get some advice from some of you ladies who are trying to get pregnant. 

I was on the pill for years, but the manufactures quit making it so I went on a different one, that made me insane, gain weight and killed my libido. So I went off of it, and now we only used condoms. Of course, we don't do it that often, sex isn't a big driver in our relationship. 

So the first day of my last period was the 16th of January. So I should have started the 16th of February. I have a 30-31 day cycle. I don't track my Ovulations, so I don't know when that happened. The app and some of the other trackers have said anywhere from the 30-2nd to ovulate. 
We were intimate on the 23rd of Jan. and 14th of Feb. (I highly doubt it was VDay, I'm betting on 23rd if anything)
EDIT: it would have been the 8th (Jan 23rd) day of my cycle we had relations. 

Is there really any chance that I'm preggers? I just took a preg test, Negative, but I have NEVER been late, even in the last 5-6 months I've been off the pill. 
AND I was under a ton of stress last week, wedding and family stuff. 
Should I take another test in a day or two? What happens if I don't get my period in the next couple weeks? Do I need to see a doctor? 

Edit: sorry for not going to the blog in trying to get pregnant first. I am there now. Mostly my concern now is the fact that I am late with a negative test. Its very nerve wracking, having been usually very regular. 

Re: Oh they're on the brain alright

• I would do exactly that... Take another test in a day or two... and if you still dont get your period for another full cycle I would at least let my Dr know as a precaution. I had a 1 time anomaly while not on birth control of missing my period one month. Freaked me the hell out. But it was right back the next month. Best of luck to you. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • First, take a chill pill and go read the newbie blog.

Married 9/28/13    Not TTC but I will love the ladies of the TTGP board forever           

image image

Every time I see this dog, I want it. 

TTGP April siggy challenge
    image     Turbo Man

• Loading the player...
  • Not all of us are TTC.

If you are using condoms properly-- they are like 90% + effective in preventing pregnancy.

If your test was negative, you are not pregnant.

You cycle is regular until it isn't.  I would gues you ovulated later than usual.  Buy yourself a copy of TCOYF and read it cover to cover.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Not all of us are TTC.

If you are using condoms properly-- they are like 90% + effective in preventing pregnancy.

You cycle is regular until it isn't.  I would gues you ovulated later than usual.  Buy yourself a copy of TCOYF and read it cover to cover.

I'm new here, at least on the bump. TTC I assume is trying to conceive, but TCOYF.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to assume everyone is. It just seemed like a place where most people on the site have a knowledge of some of this stuff, and I hoped I was overreacting 
  • MandJS said:

Not all of us are TTC.

I'm new here, at least on the bump. TTC I assume is trying to conceive, but TCOYF.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to assume everyone is. It just seemed like a place where most people on the site have a knowledge of some of this stuff, and I hoped I was overreacting 
    TCOYF = Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a great book to read.

There is also an AWESOME blog linked at the top of the Trying to Get Pregnant board. Go read it. 

And as others said - you're regular until you're not, and if the stick says negative, you're not pregnant. Yet. Test weekly until you get AF, you get a positive, or you hit 60 days with neither, at which point, call your doctor.
    Thank you! I will look for that book, because honestly I want children as soon as possible and that sounds very helpful. Just not for another 5 months, we live in a small town, and his grandmother would die, etc, etc. I should be more aware of my cycle and when I am fertile, especially if I'm off the pill. I will also read the blog. 
    I have been panicking because we need to send out save the dates for the wedding and I am being pressured by family to send them... Can't do that until we're sure what the futures going to be like now! Thank you for your help.
  • Stress can definitely screw with your regular cycle. A couple years ago I was stressed out about a big presentation I had to give with the CFO of the company I worked at and that stress caused me not to ovulate that month.  Luckily, I was following FAM (from TCOYF) so I knew I wasn't pregnant. That's the only time I've ever had that happen.
  • If the test is negative then you're not pregnant at this time. Wait a couple days and take another test. Test every week until you get a positive test or your period. Oh and read the newbie post like suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"