Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I need some help

Alright here goes nothing.....
My DD is 15 weeks old and I need some ideas on what I can do for her crying/screaming.  During the time she is with us at home she does have her moments and does let us put her down on the floor or in the swing.  She hates the carseat, she can be happy and smiling and as soon as I stick her in the seat a meltdown happens.  My daycare provider says that she shouldnt be this "touchy" with everything, she says she cant hardly set her down and she starts to cry.  When I drop her off in the morning she smiles at my daycare provider and then all of a sudden she is crying and sticking out her bottom lip.  I dont know what I can do.  She is on sensitive formula and we have taken her to a chiropractor and that seemed to help but I dont want to keep going and have them charge me $40 3 times a week.  I just dont know what to do... :(  I feel so bad for daycare that she is like this and all she does is cry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I need some help

• Options
    DS is like this at times.  He just wants to be held.  Sorry to say, but thats what you have to do.  Also, is she getting overtired?  I dont think that there is a too "touchy" at this age.  They are developing so quickly.  I wouldnt feel bad for the daycare.  
    View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    My forever love  ( April Siggy Challenge) 
  • Options
    Are you sure she's getting enough sleep? Being overtired is the #1 reason why my DS won't be happy anywhere but my arms. Is daycare working hard to make sure she naps? Is she sleeping OK at night?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was my LO at 12wk but she has been better and napping on hger own for 3 weeks. I did what PP said, try to put her down after 90 min and offer milk. She doesn't like swaddling but I put blanket arond her when I hold her so when I put her down, she feels my warmth for a while and I semi tuck it in around her legs. Now she naps 1hr each first 2 naps and 2-3 urquhart the last one. In the 12th week I put her down and watch her 10 min. She usually thrashes and wake herself up.I pick her up right away and she goes right back to sleep, then back to crib. Then I stay in the room listening and make sure she naps minimum 30 min. I hear 20 min qualifies as a nap. I dont know why but I just tried everthing because she starts daycare next week and they won't hold her forever. And she started getting better after 4/5 days of napping after 90 min and less thrashing so I don't have to watch her. Hope it gets better for your LO soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. Also, if my dc provider told me my child was too touchy, I would find a new one.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    she sleeps from about 8:45/9 pm - 6am most of the nights and takes cat naps during the day. She is very crabby at times, and then is fine, but when i drop her and my son off at dc she just seems to stick that lip out and whine. I love my dc provider and i dont think finding someone else is a good idea.  my son who also goes there loves it and she is great with the kids.  i just think she is concerned thats all.  

• Options
    That doesn't seem like enough overnight sleep. I think it is supposed to be more like 11 hours and another 3-4 hours in naps. Maybe try putting her to bed earlier?

FWIW, I wouldn't feel bad for your DC provider, I would just feel bad for your LO.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with above...why do you feel bad for your DC provider?  Don't you pay them to take care of your child?  And honestly, if someone told me my child was touchy I would probably lose it on them.  Babies are different and some require more attention than others.  If they don't want to provide what your child needs then it is time to look for something new.  Maybe an in home or something with more personalized attention?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just an update, we switched her to Nutramigen and she is like a different baby!!!!  She still has her moments but she is so much happier and doesnt mind being laid down or put in the bouncer.  She is in an in home daycare, I do feel bad for my little one because she is crying, and I also feel bad for my Daycare Provider because she does have other kids and she just cant or I guess I dont expect her to hold mine the entire time she is there.  Like I said I think she is more concerned on what might be wrong and wants to make her feel better.  Thats all :) she loves the kids just as they were her own. 

• Options
    Glad she's doing better! A note on the sleep: Mine does the same length of sleep at night and does just fine. Some babies just won't sleep more than 9-10 hours at night. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"