Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sweaty baby during the night.

My five week old sweats at night. We live in Alabama so it is starting to get warmer. I know the pedi says dress her in what you wear plus one extra layer but if I did that she would be sweating bullets! I am cold natured so I wear a lot of clothing anyway. I turned my heat down at night to try and help with the sweating and dressed her in lighter clothing. By the way we co-sleep at night (the only way she will sleep) so I'm guessing maybe my body heat could be the cause of her sweating also? Anyone else have a sweaty baby? 

Googling this subject has completely freaked me out. Tons of SIDS and CHF articles pop up, so naturally I am freaked out. 

Re: Sweaty baby during the night.

• Options
    Yes, it sounds like LO is too warm so try one less layer. Some babies are sweaty (my DD2 was no matter what you dressed her in) and some aren't (my DD3 is always cold wearing sweaters in summer). So just keep checking and adjusting. The what you wear plus a layer is a good general rule but does not apply to every kid.
  • Options
    My sons palms & feet are clammy no matter what he can be in a diaper & short sleeve onsie and be hot his feet sweat even when there cool to the touch but I'm a hot person too so not looking forword to summer when I'm holding him haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS1 was like that. He still is in fact! We could never have him wear onesies underneath clothing. He was just too hot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options

My first was a super hot kid (Still is) and my NB appears to be headed on the same track.

I just kept track of how warm the back of their neck was and went from there. Everyone yells at me to bundle up my kids more but they really are fine.

I'd just dress them so they're comfy and not worry about. To this day my oldest can't wear anything fleece and not sweat like crazy. My NB doesn't like a snuggly blanket on him I'm learning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"