August 2013 Moms
Options

Discussion

What do you think is the #1 thing wrong with society?

Re: Discussion

• Options
    People who think only about themselves.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What they think beauty is and the image portrayed and projected on blossoming young women. The airbrushed perfection that can not be accomplished. So girls aren't comfortable with themselves because they don't think they are perfect just the way they are. The judgment and critism of not having the "popular" things and opinion is disgusting aslso.
  • Options
    Let's pretend I dropped a Scmidt "Youths!" Gif right here. Because I don't know how to do it from the iPad.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In the US, entitlement, and it starts at a very young age. Not necessarily always because of the way parents are...sometimes due to the way school & sports programs are run.
  • Options
    The ego-centricism of society.

Also, substance abuse. I used to work with a police chief who estimated that of ALL crimes, 75 percent is related to alcohol or drug abuse. That's burglaries, robberies, murders, domestic abuse, child neglect, embezzlement, everything. He thought that three-quarters is tied to substance abuse. I wish there was a magic solution to help people who need it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally agree on the entitlement.  I think a lot of it stems from media though.  We see these people who have everything and we make that our priority instead of things that are really important.  I get wanting nice things but if you can't afford it and do not want to work for it, you need to come back down to reality. 

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• Options
    I agree with others that a major problem is people being over entitled and then the apathy that stems from that entitlement. If you want something, bust your ass for it. That and strong work ethic is seriously laughable with a lot of people these days. "Work is sooooooo hard. Just pay me to sit here and goof off, TYVM."

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    Definitely the egocentrism.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    People who think busy = important. You know the type. I realize people have a lot going on with work, family, friends, but if you are so stressed and have no time for the important people in your life that's an issue.

Agree with entitlement and laziness too.
  • Options
    I dont think its the number one problem, but it is a big problem.

People making kids then not taking care of them. I say people because it isnt just the dads who are dead beat parents. Some moms are deas beats too.
  • Options
    Stupid people, and the media that panders to them. 
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    I think it's bullshit that we still have poverty here in the US. With all of the resources this country has, no one should have to live in poverty. 

I know this might get flamed, but I'm prepared. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    I think it's bullshit that we still have poverty here in the US. With all of the resources this country has, no one should have to live in poverty. 

I agree. I also think that if you are receiving government assistance, you should work towards bettering your life. Not sitting on your couch just waiting for the next check to show up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    RK125 said:

I agree. I also think that if you are receiving government assistance, you should work towards bettering your life. Not sitting on your couch just waiting for the next check to show up.
    I always feel the need to iterate this when it comes up - the number of people who do this is INCREDIBLY small. Most people on assistance have a job, are disabled or are children. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• Options
    RK125 said:

I always feel the need to iterate this when it comes up - the number of people who do this is INCREDIBLY small. Most people on assistance have a job, are disabled or are children. 

Holy shit this. People spouting off about all the fat lazy do nothings  on govn assistance steam me.   So ignorant.
    image image

• Options

RK125 said:

Or are elderly. In my city, about 30% of the welfare recipients are senior citizens.

• Options

RK125 said:

Or are elderly. In my city, about 30% of the welfare recipients are senior citizens.
    You are correct! How could I forget the elderly? I adore old people!  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 

• Options
    Soleil3 said:
    RK125 said:

Holy shit this. People spouting off about all the fat lazy do nothings  on govn assistance steam me.   So ignorant.
    You're probably right. But I work in an area where 3/4 of my students are walked to school by their parents in their pjs (fuzzy, character print) and picked up 7 hours later in a different set of pjs. I see parents who want their child in special education just so they can get ssi, and get mad when their child is found not eligible. 

• Options
    edited February 2014

Our educational system is pretty pathetic.

Hells yea. Not to mention the amount of money we have to pay in the US to get a decent college education.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The lack of personal responsibility. No one takes ownership of anything anymore. It's always someone else's fault.
  • Options
    RK125 said:

Soleil3 said:

RK125 said:

You're probably right. But I work in an area where 3/4 of my students are walked to school by their parents in their pjs (fuzzy, character print) and picked up 7 hours later in a different set of pjs. I see parents who want their child in special education just so they can get ssi, and get mad when their child is found not eligible. 

Wow. Maybe it's time for you to work somewhere new! You sound pretty jaded and seem to lack empathy for the community in which you work.
  • Options
    @silverlining2011 I'm working on that!

• Options
    RK125 said:

Oh ok!! Good luck! Hope you find something that you love!
    :)
  • Options
    Oh ok!! Good luck! Hope you find something that you love! :)
    Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"