Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Uppababy Vista and car trunk?

We really like the Uppababy Vista stroller, but we're also buying a new car. Anyone have the UB and a mid size/compact car and does it fit in your trunk with the bassinet? Or how much room in your drunk do you have when just the stroller is inside? And overall, how do you like the stroller?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Uppababy Vista and car trunk?

• Options
    We got the Vista and it's a BIG stroller.  We have an SUV so trunk space isn't an issue.  I imagine that it will still fit in a midsize car, but I'd be wary of compact cars.  
  • Options
    We have the UBV, bought it when I was still living in the city. We've moved now to the burbs. Overall we love the stroller for walks around the neighborhood, but it is much too much stroller for me to be taking about town in the car for errands. Too heavy and too much of a pain to fold and I hold. That said, it fits in the back of our trunk just fine. I'd go to the store, lift it, practice folding and unfolding and ask yourself if this is something you'd be comfortable with doing multiple times on errands. A lot of people seem just fine with it. We are buying the City MIni now because I just need something lighter and easier to fold. GL!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used mine in my Prius for a long time.  No problems at all. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I use mine all the time. I find it folds and unfolds very easily. I also don't find it heavy. I love the huge basket and do full grocery shops with it. I used a city mini in Mexico and didn't like it nearly as much as my ubv. The basket was tiny and you couldn't access it while the seat was occupied. I have an suv though so I can't help with size.
  • Options
    If I put my UBV with the toddler seat on in my new model ford focus hatchback it fits but pretty much takes up the whole trunk. I don't leave it in there, but I will put it in there if I expect to take a long walk that I need to drive to. Mostly I use it as a walking vehicle from my apartment. I use an umbrella stroller for the car.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options

we have the vista s well. Honestly, I'm not a fan of it. It's a big bulky beast of a stroller. When we first got it, I drove a a Toyota Corolla and it took up my entire trunk. It's bulkier with the seat on it. I honestly barely used the bassinet on the stroller..mostly the adapter to fit our infant seat and the toddler seat. I now drive a midsize SUV and when it's in my car takes up about 70% of the trunk area.

It's a solid stroller, but in my opinon, heavy and bulky..definitely nohingt lightweight about it. I did love the big basket for quick grocery trips etc..but we quickly moved onto the Gluxe Umbrella Strolller and I hate to say this but only use the UBV for walks around the neighborhood etc.

• Options
    We have the cruz - I LOVE the stroller but found it was just bulky to fit the stroller and shopping bags (grocery, mall, home depot).  So we purchased the g-luxe for everyday errands - Love it (not as much) but its much easier to get in/out of trunk and fit bags and what not in the trunk as well. Note - i have a midsize SUV
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The Vista is a full featured stroller and a great one at that.  If you bought the stroller and are now mad that its big and heavy, you either need a second lightweight stroller or you bought the wrong stroller.  There are lots of great strollers out there but few or none that do everything really well. Best to get one or two that will work for your lifestyle.  For many people that means something great and full featured for walks and long days out, and something else small and light for quick trips in the car.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    hollygb22 said:

we have the vista s well. Honestly, I'm not a fan of it. It's a big bulky beast of a stroller. When we first got it, I drove a a Toyota Corolla and it took up my entire trunk. It's bulkier with the seat on it. I honestly barely used the bassinet on the stroller..mostly the adapter to fit our infant seat and the toddler seat. I now drive a midsize SUV and when it's in my car takes up about 70% of the trunk area.

It's a solid stroller, but in my opinon, heavy and bulky..definitely nohingt lightweight about it. I did love the big basket for quick grocery trips etc..but we quickly moved onto the Gluxe Umbrella Strolller and I hate to say this but only use the UBV for walks around the neighborhood etc.

I have the UBV and LOVE it.  When DS was small I would clip the infant car seat into the stroller for trips to the mall etc.  As soon as he got big enough to sit comfortably, I bought the G-luxe and keep that in my trunk for mall trips or going to the store.  If we go to the zoo or plan to spend the day walking around then I pack the UBV because it's just more comfortable for DS and has so much space in the basket for me to pack extra stuff and it's not a hassle at all.  I love them both and wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    If you lie the vista and bassinet, go for the Cruz, it's smaller
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.