Health & Exercise
Options

oatmeal on the go

Any good tips or recipes?  Right now I have yogurt for breakfast, and a turkey and cheese sandwich with veggies and hummus for lunch.  I"m thinking of switching to oatmeal for breakfast and yogurt and a salad for lunch.  I leave the house by 6:30, with 2 kids and all their stuff.  Any good ideas for something I can make the night before and heat up real quick in the morning or eat cold?

Re: oatmeal on the go

• Options
    Do you use pinterest?

they have a lot of breakfasty things that you can make- I've seen oatmeal casseroles and such. you can heat those up really quick. also oatmeal muffins.

I eat Raw oatmeal- steel cut oats. I just throw a mug of water in the micro for 2 minutes add the oats and fruit (berries usually or apple) with honey or cinnamon. Super easy and you can eat on the go.
  • Options
    crossfitkiwicrossfitkiwi member
    edited February 2014
    I use instant oats. They cook in the microwave in 1min. I top them with greek yoghurt for protein and either walnuts, or a scoop of LSA for good fats.

Note: LSA is a blend of linseed (flax), sunflower seeds and almonds. Super delicious on oatmeal! It's pretty common to buy in New Zealand but since we moved to the States I just make it in my blender. Heres the recipe: https://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/home_made_lsa_-_linseeds_sunflower_seeds_almonds
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried making a large batch of crockpot oatmeal?  It is pretty good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"