Two Under 2

SAHM - What are your plans when the baby is born?

Baby #2 is due in September, my DS will be 2 in October so I'll have 2 under 2 but only for 3 weeks.  I'm kind of freaking out about having to care for DS with a newborn.  He's pretty hard to handle without a newborn.  My husband works long hours so I'll be alone with them for 12 hour days.  I'm looking into daycare twice a week just for a few hours a day so I can bond with the baby but it's crazy expensive.  I'm curious what your plans are for when the baby comes?
imageimage

Re: SAHM - What are your plans when the baby is born?

• This will be my second 2u2.  Due in September also with #3.  Most likely another c-section. DH will try to take a few weeks off then I am on my own again. We also don't have any family or close friends here to help.  I didn't send DD#1 to daycare, we were fine and I was able to bond just fine with DD#2.  We kept DD#1 to her daily nap eating schedule and slowly just tried to work DD#2 towards that schedule. By about 2 months I had both going to bed at 8pm and taking 1 nap together.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not a SAHM but I kept dd (18months) home on my ML. I had DH and my mom help the first 3 weeks but after that I was on my own, and DH also works long hours. It was honestly way easier than I expected. It helped that DS was a good baby, but I think it's also just a lot easier caring for a baby the 2nd time around b/c you know what you're doing. We made sure to get out of the house every day. We would go to playgrounds (with baby in stroller or carrier), storytime, music class, playgroups. It's pretty easy b/c newborns generally will fall asleep anywhere in a car seat or stroller. I always made sure I had plenty of snacks and sippie cups ready so I could occupy DD if DS needed to nurse. Just be flexible with your expectations b/c everything takes a lot longer with 2 kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"