October 2015 Moms
Options

Whole milk ?

Has anyone tried switching Babys to whole milk yet ?? I tried but she didn't want it .. any advice ? 

Re: Whole milk ?

• Options
    I started the process on Sunday. She sees a GI doctor and he told me to start with 1 ounce milk, the rest formula for one day, next day do half formula half milk, third day 1 ounce formula the rest milk. I don't have much advice since she has taken all of them fine and will be completely on milk tomorrow. Did you mix it with the formula first?
  • Options
    I tried it today I did 4 oz formula and 4oz milk and too it fine as well!! Let me know how your little one does with just milk by itself ! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have been introducing milk for the last month. Damien nurses at wake up, bedtime, and sometimes before and after nap. I give him one sippy of whole milk in the morning and water or half water half juice throughout the day. We've been having off and on constipation issues so we're stopping cheese sticks as a snack for now to see if it helps him adjust. 
  • Options
    We weened our first off of formula and slowly transitioned to whole milk. However, this LO has been stealing her big sister's milk sippy cups for months so we just switched straight over whole milk as soon as we ran out of formula last week.
  • Options
    All yesterday she drank whole milk and at night she threw up but it was like cottage cheese ... idk what I'm doing wrong 
  • Options
    My LO refuses whole milk, even mixed with breast milk.  She is drinking only water all day at daycare and I was really concerned.  I still nurse her in the morning and at night.  The doc said as long as she's eating well, and getting other dairy, she really doesn't need it any longer.  So my advice is to talk to the pediatrician, because if she's not wanting the milk, or is getting an upset tummy from it, it really might not be something you need to push or worry about if she's getting all of her nutrition in from other means.
  • Options
    When I first tried giving my daughter whole milk, I had to warm it first. She would refuse to drink it if it was cold. Fast forward 3 months -- we have had to switch to goats milk because cows milk makes her sooooo gassy and constipated. She is okay with yogurt and cheese so I will transition her from goats milks to cows milk very gradually.