March 2014 Moms
Options

The Randomest Thread

Re: The Randomest Thread

• Options

Robert is becoming a thumb sucker and it's killing me. Arg.

@SomersIsles‌ same here :(
    I used to date a guy who sucked his fingers... He was in his 20s... This is a big problem people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's baptism day here too and complete chaos. Think Griswold family Christmas, complete with a RV in our driveway. So many toddlers having meltdowns. Keira, why can't you take a bottle so I can have the drinks needed for this day?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @younglove316‌ I'll send all the drinks I can't have to you. I hope LO calms down and your wrist feels better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Finger sucka 4 lyfe!!!

I used to suck my fingers like that! And then I would reach in back and twirl my hair. Which is how I ended up with a pixi in the early 90's. My mom got sick of un tangling it.
    Ds1 calls it "sucking his spidey fingers" bc it looks like spider man.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jcoffeebeans‌ that is so clever!! I have also heard to put a breastmilk ice cube in one if those mesh fruit feeders. I haven't tried it yet.
    I am obsessed with the Sims game on my phone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FUCK jet lag. Fuck it fuck it fuck it.

I hate life right now.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    Jt7dreamz said:
    @bennieangel‌ I feel like I can't catch one Re sucking fingers. My lo does. Sometimes not always. Asked doc. He said to be happy w the self soothing and at this age not to worry. You can break them of it later on like at a year. Of course we all know my doc is progressive though. They suggest putting a bit of hot sauce or something on their thumbs when they're a bit older to break them of it
    This times a million. My DD didn't suck her thumb or fingers and it was a constant stream of us going into her room at all hours to pop a pacifier back in her mouth. DS sucks his fingers and now when he stirs at night, he pops a finger in, sucks it, and goes back to sleep. It's glorious, and right now I'm happy to pay for braces if it means a full night's rest. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bsouls I want the double chocolate chip ones!!
    We didn't have any cookies to put in our nightly ice cream tonight. Sad face.

• Options
    @younglove316‌ @Jt7dreamz‌ I'm glad it isn't just my LO!! Haha he's nutso when he eats... Not relaxing at all lol
  • Options

@DisneyAddict1‌ I went to bed at 9:30 :)

Ugh, I wish!!
    I was up with LO until he finally passed out at 10, the DH put in News Room.
    I got into bed at 11:30. LO woke up at 12:15.
    DH is snoring. :(
  • Options
    @DisneyAddict1‌ I went to bed at 9:30 :)
    Ugh, I wish!! I was up with LO until he finally passed out at 10, the DH put in News Room. I got into bed at 11:30. LO woke up at 12:15. DH is snoring. :(
    I also wish.  I finally got LO down at 2:30 am.  Then we got up for the day at 7:45.

• Options
    @younglove316‌ I like minted.com for artwork. I also second joss & main, onekingslane and gilt.

• Options
    So we're switching Layla from bed sharing to her own room. Right now she is sleeping in her crib. And all I can think about is how much I miss her.
    I think it's time for us to stop--we've gotten to the point where were disrupting each other's sleep--but I really miss how she curls up next to me.

Sad face goes here

• Options
    Speaking of furniture we have this horrible hand me down couch from my husband's grandparents. It looks like it came out of a 1980s Bo
  • Options
    Question: Do you think The Wizard of Oz would be an appropriate movie for an almost 3 year old to watch? 

I found an ADORABLE lion costume that I want the baby to wear on Halloween and I'd like DD to dress as Dorothy. The husband and I would be the scarecrow and Tin Man. I know she could wear the costume without watching the movie, but I'm thinking she might be more excited about it if she saw the movie first. 

Thoughts?
  • Options
    @SmittyPants my almost 4 year old is scared of Frozen so there is no way I'd let him watch wizard if oz. the costumes sound so cute though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks @Jt7dreamz‌ she's doing better . She's not STTN now . Is there a 5 month sleep regression ?!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @SmittyPants‌
    My DD watched The Wizard of Oz when she was 2 or 3 (several times) but she completely understood that a lot of things in movies weren't real.
    She also watched Die Hard and Jurassic Park and Terminator with no issues at a young age (5 - 7 years old).

I do agree though, that you should base it on how you feel your child would react to the witch, loud noises, flying monkeys...
  • Options
    @DisneyAddict1‌
    I don't necessarily use 'years' as a guide.

I think the 'experience' or 'length of service' is a good thing to have noted.

• Options

Most people have missed the part about the ice bucket challenge that you are supposed to donate to ALS either way, its just a matter of how much. $10-$25 if you dump the water and $100 if not.

Exactly. I think it's a good cause and effective, I just am ignoring my challenges. I'm saving up my causes for next month when I have multiple things going on. I have so many causes to raise money for now I'm being selfish and not diluting myself. :)
  • Options
    Oh and because I'm obstinate and refuse to do anything I'm told I have to do. :)
  • Options
    Tmi - anyone have insane periods since giving birth? I have had multiple periods since and they haven't calmed down. They were heavy before but now is something else. I'm constantly changing my super tampons. If I sit on the toilet I drip continually. It's nasty.
  • Options
    Mine have been super heavy too, but only last three days max. I've had three since DS was born.
  • Options
    Oh yea and AF is a B too since having DD.... I've had 4 since having Harper and it's worse !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Today's my first day back at work. I'm going to try and pump and bump during lunch, but I may go MIA when it's really busy.
  • Options
    I had to take today off work cause daycare is closed. I'm having a PLL marathon. Helps that Joe cake home for 2 hours, and I got stuff done.

imageimage

• Options
    kirotea said:
    It's pretty sad when there are a good number of us in this (small) department who want to leave ASAP because of the management.
    That seriously SUCKS. I just can't understand how companies can get that part so wrong.

RE: AF, what is the longest any of you have heard of someone going without it? I have not seen hide nor hair of mine returning.
    While on Depo Provera after having DD I didn't get a period until 21 months post partum when I stopped injections. 

Unmediated completely, I've heard or BFing women claim they've gone as long as til they weaned (close to 2 years pp) or 14-15 months for a non-BFer. 

I haven't known any women IRL that breast fed more than a couple weeks (other than myself), so I can only tell you what I've seen/heard/read to be claimed. 

Generally, the rule I was told to consider is that when LO starts sleeping more than 6 hours at night is when you should be ready to expect it, but it may not return until LO sleeps 10-12 hours. 

**now I question my memory about whether you even breastfeed. Hmmm. If you don't, then I'd probably check in with my doc. 
  • Options
    @younglove316 anything by Janet Evanovich is good IMO
  • Options
    Now that we seem to have a nighttime routine and I know I can get a couple hours to myself, I want to start reading again. Anyone have any good book suggestions? I'm not too picky just not into sci-fi really.

what are some of your favourites..

• Options
    @younglove316 I used to read a lot. I like chicklit, parenting books and murfer mysteries. Lmk what you have liked
    I'm also a fan of a good mystery or crime book.

James Patterson has his Alex Cross crime books. Pretty easy reads. And there's a chick lit mystery series where the first book s Size 12 is not Fat. I liked those books.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"