April 2014 Moms
Options

Ring Sling-worries

In an attempt not to highjack the other PP post, I made my own! Those of you that have RS, do you have to re-adjust the ring often while BW? Or does the ring hold tight? I am considering making my own and I know a lot of you ladies have done that. I am trying to find a suitable ring to use here and the right material. I need very light weight (consistent 100 degrees Sept-March).

Material suggestions??
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ring Sling-worries

• Options
    Linen is a good choice. Gauze is ok but it's really for short term baby wears because it has some give to it and will slip more than other materials. I adjust mine occasionally while wearing it but not much. Please be sure to get a good set of rings, preferably ones that are made for ring slings.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I just order some rings from that site. We don't have ring slings in this country so I ordered a few in hopes of making them as gifts. Material I can get here but I will have to go look at  the different shops.

Thanks for your thoughts! I have a Boba Wrap (like a Moby) that I love, but I was thinking about as the second baby gets older and the weather gets hot (I used the Boba mostly in the winter in Michigan. When we returned here to Africa and I used it, I always ended up sweating)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I adjusted a lot when I first got it to get it how I liked, then I hardly touched it again for months. Mine is linen.
    imageimage image
    DS, May 2011
    DD, April 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for linen. In my single layer linen sling I readjusted a little more that in my double layer silk. The double layer silk is more hot and expensive. I just bought a double layer linen and think it will be a bit more supportive but lighter weight for this spring time baby.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I have linen when they'll be in the sling for a while. I also have a mesh one for the summer and that's super awesome for walks around the neighborhood/pool/beach etc. I think it cost like, $6 to make and I love it. Definitely buy the for real ring sling rings.
  • Options
    Tell me more about the mesh!  Does Joannes carry that stuff?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure!  I can't remember if I've seen it there before.  One of my friends was making a whole bunch, so she bought all the mesh online for a cheaper price.  It's just regular mesh like they use for mens summer shorts and all.  It's soft and silky, and nice and airy.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"