May 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options

The only thing I have to add is....I just ate some delicious s'more pop tarts :)

Yum! love those!

I just realized, I ALWAYS talk about food on TB. Sheesh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing I have to add is....I just ate some delicious s'more pop tarts :)
    Yum! love those!
    I just realized, I ALWAYS talk about food on TB. Sheesh.
    Well dont feel too bad, the others may not talk about it, but its surely in our minds all the time! Right? :P

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

This is lame, but I think a 7-11 French vanilla cappuccino (if you want to call it that) tastes better than Starbucks and its also $3 cheaper. 

This is not a FFFC but my husband (the no coffee ever drinker) was really wanting one of those during my last pregnancy. He said he stood at the machine for around five minutes because it was coming out so slowly. He finally paid for it, got in his car and took a sip of his nice cold 20oz cup of french vanilla coffee creamer. :P
  • Options

I have an irrational fear of eating Chipotle in my 3rd trimester because every time I went into PTL with my daughter I had just eaten Chipotle. The nurses at the hospital said they're amazed at how many people say that and they think that Chipotle has some sort of labor magic.

Also, I was going to use the phrase "labor juju" but as I typed it I realized that juju might be one of those colloquial phrases that you just use without realizing how offensive it is in origin. That led me to this bit of enlightening reading for your morning edification/entertainment: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/03/13/pop-language-quiz-racist-racist/

I was unaware of most of these.

Sorry I can't get on board with half of those as being bad. The phrases are so far removed from the original meaning it's ridiculous. Maybe I'm just a horrible racist...
    I don't agree with the tone of the article, and I don't think all of the selections are offensive in today's society. I just really enjoy etymology.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am insanely jealous of all the women here enjoying delicious food during their pregnancies.  I feel like I just look at a DQ Blizzard or a plate of cinnamon rolls and pack on the lbs.  I wish my metabolism didn't just...suck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have an irrational fear of eating Chipotle in my 3rd trimester because every time I went into PTL with my daughter I had just eaten Chipotle. The nurses at the hospital said they're amazed at how many people say that and they think that Chipotle has some sort of labor magic. Also, I was going to use the phrase "labor juju" but as I typed it I realized that juju might be one of those colloquial phrases that you just use without realizing how offensive it is in origin. That led me to this bit of enlightening reading for your morning edification/entertainment: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/03/13/pop-language-quiz-racist-racist/ I was unaware of most of these.
    Sorry I can't get on board with half of those as being bad. The phrases are so far removed from the original meaning it's ridiculous. Maybe I'm just a horrible racist...
    I don't agree with the tone of the article, and I don't think all of the selections are offensive in today's society. I just really enjoy etymology.
    I think the author really eliminated any of his potential credibility when he ended the article with: "If you agree with me, you're not a racists, if you don't agree with everything I've said, you're racist."
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    Two things:
    1) I got a finder's fee at work for bringing on another employee who made it past 90 days. I am so happy, and obviously any extra money is great, but am I allowed to be a little pissed that over half was taken out in taxes? When I found out I was definitely getting it about a week ago, DH and I made some plans for what to do with the money (and had estimated taking out about 30% in taxes), and now it's quite a bit less than we were expecting. I feel like a complainy a-hole for this one, and it's absolutely a FWP, but whatever, it's true!
    2) I finished a box of EL Fudge cookies in 2 days this week. This made me sad. Not because I had remorse, but because now they are gone :(

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    MrsKTen said:

I am insanely jealous of all the women here enjoying delicious food during their pregnancies.  I feel like I just look at a DQ Blizzard or a plate of cinnamon rolls and pack on the lbs.  I wish my metabolism didn't just...suck.

My metabolism used to be great years ago. Now it's so so. I allow myself to eat "junk" but make sure it's small portions. But I generally will have a salad on those days to make myself feel better. Or try and convince myself that the baby wanted it, that works right? Haha.
  • Options
    This little chicklette will probably be out most of the day judging by all the benadryl I took last night. I have been running a fever since Wednesday and have done nothing, literally nothing (except dishes and a SMALL amount of packing ) around the house.

It's a BOY

• Options
    @lauralou3x3 - we have so much in common it's crazy. I love me some s'more pop tarts. Just sayin'.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kramja01 said:

I think someone mentioned hating them on an earlier thread this week, so it reminded me:

I love a good accent nail/statement nail. I'm all for avoiding tacky bedazzling/character nails, but a little something flashy on my ring fingers makes me happy. I'm current sporting a "wet cement" (gray) manicure with dull gold krackle on my fourth fingers.

I have a friend who pulls off the pointy nail look like a boss. I could never do it. And I'm just too embarrassed to ask for any special design on my nail when I ever go get them done. But I like the whole accent nail

It's a BOY

• Options
    I have a feeling I will be rubbing my boobs all day. I have errands to run. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Ok here's another- me and H are mad at each other this morning and I have no idea why. I got up to make some oat meal and went "hey look I think she's moved up some more!" And he didn't look so I just walked out of the room and since then we haven't spoken to each other and he left for the gym without saying his normal good bye. It's obvious he is mad at me and I seriously have no clue what we are fighting about.

It's a BOY

• Options
    becole42 said:
    I can't stand when a mom wants to talk about her horror birth stories while another friend is in labor. Example group text: oh they didn't give you cervadil did they? It will really hurt if they break your water, omg it's gonna take 22 hours because mine did... Just because you had a kid and had xyz happen doesn't mean that will happen to anyone else/ or your doctor or you made dumb decisions.
    Ugh I feel ya! My MIL last night was like " oh your baby breech still.. your going to get a csection then!" I'm only 25 weeks... I'm pretty sure she has been flipping circles in there like crazy and has plenty of time to turn around if not ... ugh

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    becole42 said:
    I can't stand when a mom wants to talk about her horror birth stories while another friend is in labor. Example group text: oh they didn't give you cervadil did they? It will really hurt if they break your water, omg it's gonna take 22 hours because mine did... Just because you had a kid and had xyz happen doesn't mean that will happen to anyone else/ or your doctor or you made dumb decisions.
    Ugh I feel ya! My MIL last night was like " oh your baby breech still.. your going to get a csection then!" I'm only 25 weeks... I'm pretty sure she has been flipping circles in there like crazy and has plenty of time to turn around if not ... ugh
    I hate the opposite, too. My MIL will not stop telling me about how wonderful and easy her labor with my husband was, how it barely took 3 hours and he just popped right out and was a perfect 10 on APGAR. She seriously recounts this every single time I speak with her. Shut uuuuuuuuuuup.

• Options
    I have such little patience for work and people today.  If we didn't have a big company tour, I would have called off both jobs (even though we really need the $$) and stayed home.  The real FFC part of this: I'm still debating calling off my 2nd job and going home at lunch from my first, even though it's been a really busy morning and my coworker could really use my help.  I'm just that tired and fed-up with life today. Blah.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I definitely just made a double batch of brownies. I plan on hidding them from the hubs and eating them all by myself.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This may be more of a UO but, I CAN'T STAND IT when women refer to their daughters as princesses...or when grown women call themselves "princess blahblahblah" I don't believe females should be just pretty/lame stereotypical beauty objects. If I have a girl, I will raise her no differently than a boy-you want to play with trucks in the mud and pick up worms little lady....go for it! Also, I told my husband if we found out we were having a girl I wouldn't want to tell anyone because I wouldn't want a shit load of pink crap and tutus.

Flame away

I think it would be pretty freaken sweet to have a little girl or boy who played in the mud while wearing his/her tutu! I strongly believe that you can enjoy all things in life with out stereo typing things as "girly" or "just for boys".
  • Options

This may be more of a UO but, I CAN'T STAND IT when women refer to their daughters as princesses...or when grown women call themselves "princess blahblahblah" I don't believe females should be just pretty/lame stereotypical beauty objects. If I have a girl, I will raise her no differently than a boy-you want to play with trucks in the mud and pick up worms little lady....go for it! Also, I told my husband if we found out we were having a girl I wouldn't want to tell anyone because I wouldn't want a shit load of pink crap and tutus.

Flame away

The term "princess" drives me freakin crazy, but beyond that, I don't think wearing pink and tutus and playing in the mud have to be mutually exclusive. I have a pic of the little girl I used to nanny for at soccer practice in a skirt, because that's what she wanted to wear to practice, so why the heck not?
    My favorite color is pink, but I was alway "one of the boys" growing up. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

So uhhh - I just had an epiphany about when this LO was conceived. I have never had normal cycle and we were not trying to get pregnant, so this was pretty surprising for us in general, but hard to exactly date back.

If our EDD is correct, we conceived the week AFTER our honeymoon. MIL has been posting a ton of old photos on FB this morning for some reason, including some of our camping trip we took with DHs entire family right at the end of summer.

Now for my FFFC:
    Call it "honeymoon/wedded bliss", if you will, but the first night there me and DH could not keep our hands off one another. We have a 5 year old (was 4 at the time) and while at home we are always very aware of where she is and just how asleep she is when we decide to get it onnnnnn. We are very conservative when it comes to our sexual relationship around our family, of course. Well uhhh-this camping trip, this particular night, we had our own big tent for our family (myself, DH, DD 4, DS 13 months at the time). We somehow managed to very inconspicuously have ridiculously hot "forbidden" sex while in our sleeping bag. In the same tent as our children... For lack of "supplies" and not wanting to make a lot of movement or noise, there was no pulling out or anything of the sort.

This camping trip took place the week AFTER our honeymoon.

Welcome to the world, little lady!

Haha! This LO was happy birthday DH and momma got new heels sex. ;)

Anniversary 

• Options
    @emilygoldrick  Is it okay if you have a boy and he likes tutus and baby dolls?

Things I have learned in reading these 3 pages:

1. I'm glad my dogs are outside dogs.....if one of them vomited poop I might die.....

2. My husband's obsession with EL Fudge cookies doesn't even rival that of a pregnant woman

3. I'm not a good submissive.....my husband wouldn't dream of mentioning my food/drink habits to me 

4. I'm not the only one that doesn't necessarily like my nieces and nephews!

My FFFC:

My husband has been home all week.....while I sincerely hope he finds a job soon, I have to say it has been nice having him home with the kid so I could finish all the work I have at work since they closed schools every single day. I mean, seriously, people in this state just need to get some coping skills because the roads are just fine here!
  • Options
    83edwards said:
    @emilygoldrick  Is it okay if you have a boy and he likes tutus and baby dolls?

Things I have learned in reading these 3 pages:

1. I'm glad my dogs are outside dogs.....if one of them vomited poop I might die.....

2. My husband's obsession with EL Fudge cookies doesn't even rival that of a pregnant woman

3. I'm not a good submissive.....my husband wouldn't dream of mentioning my food/drink habits to me 

4. I'm not the only one that doesn't necessarily like my nieces and nephews!

My FFFC:

My husband has been home all week.....while I sincerely hope he finds a job soon, I have to say it has been nice having him home with the kid so I could finish all the work I have at work since they closed schools every single day. I mean, seriously, people in this state just need to get some coping skills because the roads are just fine here!
    Sure whatever he wants to do! Baby dolls, barbies etc.
  • Options
    Oh! I actually have a real one...

Last night, I woke up at my usual 4:00 am bathroom run.  I sat down on the seat half-asleep and realized that, somehow, I peed a little bit on the floor!  I don't even know how this happened, but I laughed out loud thinking of all the pee talk that has been going on here for the past few days.  I then cleaned it up and went back to bed.  Guess I need to be more careful!

• Options
    MrsKTen said:
  • Options
    hhegyesi said:
    MrsKTen said:
    and a this also!

preach
  • Options
    @reneewhite90 haha, I'm obviously a bad influence with food!
  • Options
    So uhhh - I just had an epiphany about when this LO was conceived. I have never had normal cycle and we were not trying to get pregnant, so this was pretty surprising for us in general, but hard to exactly date back. If our EDD is correct, we conceived the week AFTER our honeymoon. MIL has been posting a ton of old photos on FB this morning for some reason, including some of our camping trip we took with DHs entire family right at the end of summer. Now for my FFFC: Call it "honeymoon/wedded bliss", if you will, but the first night there me and DH could not keep our hands off one another. We have a 5 year old (was 4 at the time) and while at home we are always very aware of where she is and just how asleep she is when we decide to get it onnnnnn. We are very conservative when it comes to our sexual relationship around our family, of course. Well uhhh-this camping trip, this particular night, we had our own big tent for our family (myself, DH, DD 4, DS 13 months at the time). We somehow managed to very inconspicuously have ridiculously hot "forbidden" sex while in our sleeping bag. In the same tent as our children... For lack of "supplies" and not wanting to make a lot of movement or noise, there was no pulling out or anything of the sort. This camping trip took place the week AFTER our honeymoon. Welcome to the world, little lady!
    love this! LO will forever be a "happy anniversary, honey" and a "yay, we're on vacation!" baby. 
  • Options
    kristine526kristine526 member
    edited January 2014
    ebox322 said:
    I totally had a dream about @camrynnsmommy last night. I think I ran into her and her girls at the pool and we were all like image

Yeah...I'm a creep 
    You Guise! I wanna go to the pool! Bishes never invite anyone else. ;-)

My FFFC: I've had a rough week and I've done just barely enough work to get by without looking like a complete slacker. I'd feel bad about it, but I just don't want to.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hhegyesi said:

So uhhh - I just had an epiphany about when this LO was conceived. I have never had normal cycle and we were not trying to get pregnant, so this was pretty surprising for us in general, but hard to exactly date back.

If our EDD is correct, we conceived the week AFTER our honeymoon. MIL has been posting a ton of old photos on FB this morning for some reason, including some of our camping trip we took with DHs entire family right at the end of summer.

Now for my FFFC:
    Call it "honeymoon/wedded bliss", if you will, but the first night there me and DH could not keep our hands off one another. We have a 5 year old (was 4 at the time) and while at home we are always very aware of where she is and just how asleep she is when we decide to get it onnnnnn. We are very conservative when it comes to our sexual relationship around our family, of course. Well uhhh-this camping trip, this particular night, we had our own big tent for our family (myself, DH, DD 4, DS 13 months at the time). We somehow managed to very inconspicuously have ridiculously hot "forbidden" sex while in our sleeping bag. In the same tent as our children... For lack of "supplies" and not wanting to make a lot of movement or noise, there was no pulling out or anything of the sort.

This camping trip took place the week AFTER our honeymoon.

Welcome to the world, little lady!

love this! LO will forever be a "happy anniversary, honey" and a "yay, we're on vacation!" baby. 

DH told me no more new heels unless one of us takes permanent measures because this one happened too easy. We were trying but definitely expected it to take longer.

Anniversary 

• Options
    Our little man was conceived on either the 2nd to last night or the last day we had at the beach on our week long trip with the family this summer.  Yay vacation babies :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"