September 2014 Moms

Do we know where everyone is from?

Re: Do we know where everyone is from?

• I'm originally from Massachusetts but my husband and i moved to Georgia almost 2 years ago. We are a military family. I love the weather down here but definitely miss Boston and the ocean.
  • I live in Small town USA. In western NC I like it because we have few natural disasters to worry about but its been super cold the past month.

I grew up here mostly, my entire family lives within 2hrs of eachother. My dad was Navy so I was born in Alabama.A week later we moved to FL for 7 years but always lived with my grandparents when my dad was deployed. We also lived in WA for about 3 years prior to my parents divorce. Then of course we moved back to NC and this is where I have stayed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I grew up in Kansas City, MO.  I live in Gainesville, FL right now, but will be back in KC in a few years. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HOW IS NO ONE CURRENTLY IN CHARLOTTE!?!?

I'm about 2 hours away,is that close enough lol

• LilyASF42 said:

CTbride79 said:

Emmy916 said:

CTbride79 said:

I live Connecticut, but was born and raised in northern NJ.  

@Emmy916 and @LilyASF42…what part(s) of CT are you guys in?  

@CTBride79

I grew up in new Fairfield but currently live in Middlebury

Oh ok!  I am in the New London area.  We used to live in Middletown though.  

I'm right next door in Mystic :-). Originally from Waterbury.

I was just in mystic! ☺️
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NicoCo724 Can I ask which one? I grew up near Grand Haven and there was someone from Holland on my first BMB.

Yep, that's my neck of the woods! I live in one and work in the other :)
  • Where do you live now?  What do you like or not like about it?  Right now we call Kansas home.  We like it pretty well.  Lots of nature and outdoors to enjoy!  We enjoy the small-ish town we're in.

Where did you grow up?  I grew up in Ohio mostly, Costa Rica till I was 5, then Ohio till I joined the military.

Where have you lived over the years?  Since leaving home at 18, I have lived in Texas, Nebraska and Kansas.
  • lstrejcek said:
    @debikae @SaraGlas20 @Istrejcek I'm from the Chicago area too!  I'm in Buffalo Grove... where are you all?!  My Feb12 BMB didn't have ANYONE in Chicago, or anywhere near it, so excited to find a few here!
    @debikae @SaraGlas20 @Sweetest116 I am in Aurora. My BFF had get togethers with her BMB friends a couple times a year.

I'm in Aurora, too!  I'm at the corner of Oswego and Montgomery in Aurora!
    About to be 2 under 2 up in here!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in Upstate NY, I moved about an hour away from my hometown but I would really like to move back to be closer to my family. 
    image        image
  • Live in central pa. Grew up on Long Island. Went to college in Western NY. I liked Western NY the best.
  • I'm in NW Wisconsin. Just moved back to the small town I grew up in. We are so happy to be back close to family. Love the four seasons but am a bit tired of the COLD right now.
  • LisaKF3 said:
    lstrejcek said:
    @debikae @SaraGlas20 @Istrejcek I'm from the Chicago area too!  I'm in Buffalo Grove... where are you all?!  My Feb12 BMB didn't have ANYONE in Chicago, or anywhere near it, so excited to find a few here!
    @debikae @SaraGlas20 @Sweetest116 I am in Aurora. My BFF had get togethers with her BMB friends a couple times a year.

Shut up! I'm on Eola and New York!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Granted augiefrau.  If I could live in a pool in the summer time, I'd probably much prefer the south.  :)  Not a bad point at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• I'm in Rockford.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• @nclady89 if you're in western nc and 2 hrs from Charlotte I'm gona guess you like an hour from me. I'm in the mountains oF NE tennessee
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Born and raised in Florida, but moved to Japan about two years ago. 
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    edited February 2014
    @Emmy916…so you live in Mystic?  Too funny!  My inlaws live in Ledyard!  Actually headed there tonight :-)  One of our favorite restaurants is in Mystic, so we are there every few weeks regardless!  

Oh…and we specifically live in East Lyme.  
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Born and raised in western MA, currently living in CT. DH was born and raised in CT.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Originally from Michigan. Now living east of Toronto. I saw that so many of you live so close to me and visions of awesome get togethers flashed before my eyes. I swear I'm not a creepy dude sitting in my moms basement on a pregnancy forum. However that is what a creepy dude would say isn't is?
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Emmy916 said:

Connecticut. Love having fall and spring can't stand the long cold winters.

I was born and raised in CT as well.

Anddd it's the only place I've ever lived!

I grew up in ct (southbury) .. Lived in ky and tx for 10 yrs or so and now in Maine for ever!!!! Moved here after divorce... My family is here.. I missed my seasons too. DH lived in tx for most of his life ( that's where we met ). Until I transplanted him to Maine lol
    Married 08-04-13
    BFP 12-31-13
    EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

• South jersey born and raised. 20 min from Philly and one hour to the beach!

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • I was going to do a similar post specifically asking about Massachusetts and Rhode Island girls.

I'm in MA, about 15 minutes away from Providence RI.

I grew up between here and California (San Jose and Central Valley Fresno area)

I moved back to MA 11 years ago. My patents and family want me to move back to CA, especially with the babies now. But, I'm not interested. I much prefer the east coast.

I'm in North Attleboro Ma! We must not be too far from each other.
    Married to the love of my life <3 09.26.09
    Mother to my Sweet Baby K <3 12.30.10
    …with Baby Number 2 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @revery - I have seen several So Cal ladies here, but that term covers so many cities. Even 2 people living in Los Angeles could live extremely far apart. What part of LA are you in? I'm in the SFV.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Where do you live now? I live in Chicago.
    What do you like or not like about it? i like the area but hate my apartment and pot smoking neighbors (I wouldn't care but it comes through my floor and stinks/gives me a headache).
    Where did you grow up? I grew up in Chico, CA
    Where have you lived over the years?CA, 10 years in Portland OR, and 2 years in the Chicagoland area and about 9 months in Chicago.

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg BabyFetus TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CplusJ=S said:
    @revery - I have seen several So Cal ladies here, but that term covers so many cities. Even 2 people living in Los Angeles could live extremely far apart. What part of LA are you in? I'm in the SFV.
    I think I'm the only San Diegan...not sure why cuz its by far the most awesome city in the US...  just sayin'.
    Me: 29  SO: 31
    BFP #1: 1/3/2013; Twins! Baby B passed 2/2/13, Baby A passed 2/12/13
    BFP #2: 1/12/2014; FX this one sticks! EDD: 9/23/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I live in Tucson AZ. As always it seems like no one is from AZ.... Come out come out wherever you are.... :p I've lived in AZ all my life, I love it, it's awesome.

• lstrejcek said:
    LisaKF3 said:
    lstrejcek said:

Shut up! I'm on Eola and New York!
    Ogden and Farnsworth over here!
    About to be 2 under 2 up in here!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Where do you live now? What do you like or not like about it? - We are living in Northern Florida for a few more months then moving to California, Maryland. I do not like the crazy drivers but the weather is wonderful :). Where did you grow up? - I was born in California and grew up in central Illinios. Where have you lived over the years? California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, and soon to be Maryland.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where do you live now?  Northern IL 
    What do you like or not like about it?  SNOW.  Too. much. freaking. snow.  

Where did you grow up? here

Where have you lived over the years? only here :)
    Kay

photo BEP_9324-web-1.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • I live about 20 minutes outside of Cincinnati Ohio. Born here, raised here. I lived in Jacksonville NC for awhile. I'd be there over here any day. Although, I love our seasons.
  • Born and raised in southeast Missouri, moved around during college for internships and training, but husband and I live in Kansas City now. We love it--nice mix of city and rural and suburban.
  • Gottaluvpip not true. I'm a San Diegan at least until June!
  • edited February 2014
    Wow! I'm surprised no one else from Denver--although hello to my Breckenridge friend! 
    I was born and raised in Denver, and I love it here--I love the weather and the people and the variety, plus the Broncos (and Av's!) 
    I have also lived in northeastern KS (for college) and spent a year in Japan after college. Japan was great and I would definitely live abroad again. 
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Mom of 1 DD 9/2014 and #2 EDD 03/17/2016 
  • Originally from Connecticut, but I went to college in New Hampshire, fell in love with the area, and decided to stay! I love pretty much everything about NH, the 4 seasons, how rural it is, all the hiking...plus no sales tax! I just miss my family but it is only a 3 hour drive! Luckily DH fell in love with NH too when he was visiting me through college (he went to school in CT and MA), so the decision to move up here was a no-brain-er once we graduated! 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • I live about an hour south of Tampa, FL. Born and raised in Florida. Lived in Atlanta for a year and loved it but came back because of family.

• SocraTeaseMe You must live in Bergen County! I used to live there but now I am in Essex and everything is open on Sunday's.

I currently live in North Jersey.

I grew up in NY, live in Philly for 7 years and in Astoria Queens for 2. Have been in Jersey for about 2 years now.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Born in Bogota, Colombia but I've been in New Jersey (north jersey) since I was 4yrs old (31 now). I lived 2 years in Miami,FL but back in Jersey since. :) Jersey Girl :)

• @Carolyn231723 I know where Washingtonville is! I'm in Dutchess County. Probably 40ish minutes from you.
    Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• @RusalkaSings I'm in Cincinnati also! I've lived here since June 2006, from Cleveland, went to college in Utica NY (hence my sn). I really enjoy Cincinnati. I think I'll pretty much be here forever. My husband is from here and I don't see him wanting to move ever. It's an easy enough weekend trip to see my family near Cleveland also. And a doable distance from Chicago too, which we love to visit.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• edited February 2014
    @reverey We will be moving to California, Maryland :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"