April 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    Oh boy... I sell Norwex, I have a dog, and I'm wearing a scarf. ~~~slowly backs out of room~~~~

Ha!  Sell your heart out. Just don't invite me to that shit.

(FYI, I do know that they're great products, I even have some that I received as a gift, and my cleaning company only uses norwex... I just hate that every single day I get invited to somebody's "party" which is really an excuse to try to sell me things).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:

Oh boy... I sell Norwex, I have a dog, and I'm wearing a scarf. ~~~slowly backs out of room~~~~

Ha!  Sell your heart out. Just don't invite me to that shit.

(FYI, I do know that they're great products, I even have some that I received as a gift, and my cleaning company only uses norwex... I just hate that every single day I get invited to somebody's "party" which is really an excuse to try to sell me things).

I agree - I get invited to so many parties selling stuff. I've already been invited to two Origami Owl parties this month. My budget doesn't include an $85 necklace, so I passed! I love my Norwex stuff, but I only started selling it to get it at a discount myself, and I don't ask anyone to buy it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jss1002 also, that is really awesome that your cleaning company only uses Norwex! No chemicals for you and your babies. I don't know of any around here that do that.

• Options
    @jss1002 also, that is really awesome that your cleaning company only uses Norwex! No chemicals for you and your babies. I don't know of any around here that do that.
    It is really unusual and why I switched to them -- I"d had a different company when I lived in Mpls, was with them for years, and they cleaned for me one time down here... I"ve always been really happy with them...but then I got a groupon for this new company for a 3 session deal, closer to home, and they advertised being "Green" and using all Norwex, so I gave them a shot.  THey were more reasonably priced and it was a woman-owned company so I decided to switch.  I've been very happy with them.  The best part is that I get a free clean every time I refer somebody, and so far I've gotten two free referral cleans + after being a customer for a year you earn a free clean. Score!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @jss1002 Okay so what kinds of things do cleaning people clean? I have never hired a cleaner before, but we are thinking of having someone over before R's first birthday party. I pick up regularly, but I'm not good about doing things like cleaning walls and baseboards. Would a cleaning company do stuff like that? Obviously it would take longer so we would pay more.... I just feel like our house is in desperate need of a "deep clean".
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @jss1002 Okay so what kinds of things do cleaning people clean? I have never hired a cleaner before, but we are thinking of having someone over before R's first birthday party. I pick up regularly, but I'm not good about doing things like cleaning walls and baseboards. Would a cleaning company do stuff like that? Obviously it would take longer so we would pay more.... I just feel like our house is in desperate need of a "deep clean".
    I tidy the night before -- picking up and putting everything away so that they have clean surfaces.

They dust every surface in the house (yes, including baseboards, ceiling fans, my wood blinds), vacuum the whole house. Clean all glass surfaces (mirrors, TVs, pictures, etc). They mop the kitchen floor, scour the countertops, deep clean the sink and all nooks and crannies; take the grates off of my gas stove and scrub and shine... wipe down the interior and exterior of the microwave; exterior of fridge and dishwasher (we have all stainless,so it shows a lot of gunk). In the bathrooms they do a full clean of all the toilets (inside bowl, basin and tank and base), scour the shower,clean the showerheads, mirrors, clean the sinks and countertops, mop the floors... 

And then they change the sheets before they leave. 

I think that is about it.  I have them come monthly and then I do the upkeep in between.  I occasionally ask them to do other tasks, like "Hey, this time can you clean the inside of the fridge" or whatever, but not often.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    It is really unusual and why I switched to them -- I"d had a different company when I lived in Mpls, was with them for years, and they cleaned for me one time down here... I"ve always been really happy with them...but then I got a groupon for this new company for a 3 session deal, closer to home, and they advertised being "Green" and using all Norwex, so I gave them a shot.  THey were more reasonably priced and it was a woman-owned company so I decided to switch.  I've been very happy with them.  The best part is that I get a free clean every time I refer somebody, and so far I've gotten two free referral cleans + after being a customer for a year you earn a free clean. Score!
    Depending on our tax refund, I might get you another referral.  We can't afford regular cleaning, but I'd love to have a good once-over. I shudder to think how gross our house is from the dog and kids and such...
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    JSS1002 said:
    Depending on our tax refund, I might get you another referral.  We can't afford regular cleaning, but I'd love to have a good once-over. I shudder to think how gross our house is from the dog and kids and such...
    I can't remember where you live... we're south of the river... I think you're up by Nokomis?? I am not sure if they will work in your area, but I can refer my OLD company to you, who is just as good (actually, they might be even better, but they weren't too thrilled with how far away i moved from Mpls. ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @jss1002 If they will go to Chaska and Victoria, I may have a couple more referrals for you! (Family and Friend)

• Options
    @jss1002 If they will go to Chaska and Victoria, I may have a couple more referrals for you! (Family and Friend)
    I'll ask!  I know normally they just do south of the river, but Chaska is pretty close if you take 101/169.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Trin42 said:
    @jss1002 and @jthree do you mind if I ask you how much it costs? I'd love a monthly cleaning service but I'm sure it's like $200 or more. You both are in neighboring states to me so the price shouldn't be too far off what I might have to pay.
    It depends on the size of the house and the city you're in... we have a 4 bd / 4 bath house (almost 3000 sq ft) and I pay $140 / month after taxes.  When I lived in MPls and practically lived in a shoebox, it was $100 / month for a 2 bed / 1 bath / 970 sq ft bungalow.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jthree said:
    @jss1002 and @jthree do you mind if I ask you how much it costs? I'd love a monthly cleaning service but I'm sure it's like $200 or more. You both are in neighboring states to me so the price shouldn't be too far off what I might have to pay.
    My house is about the same size as jss1002, 4 bed colonial just under 3000 sq ft. We pay $100 every 2 weeks (it was $200 for the deep clean). We have 2 guest bedrooms that they don't clean every time though, only if I ask them too before we have guests come in. They never get dirty anyway. It was one of the best decisions we've made. My husbands schedule is insane so nothing can really get cleaned during the week unless I want to do it at 10pm and I don't, and since I work full time as well I just want to spend the weekends as a family... Not worrying about cleaning toilets. As long as we both work full time we will always have our house cleaned by someone else.
    That's how I Feel about it too.  We both work full time and have stuff outside of work and now have a kid and are adding another one... obviously if times are tough, it will get cut, but for now, I outsource what I can afford.  If I could pay somebody to do our laundry I'd do that too!  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just can't with the long columns of quotes, but about the scarves: They are great accessories for babywearing. L can play, pull, chew, whatever. It's not going to break. Nothing will pull off of it and choke him. If he spends all day gnawing on it I just throw it in the wash, easy peasy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @jss1002 @jthree It sounds glorious! It was actually my H's idea to get a "deep clean" before R's birthday party... I think we're going to go for it! Although then I feel like it's going to be dirty after the party :-( Haha. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @jss1002 @jthree It sounds glorious! It was actually my H's idea to get a "deep clean" before R's birthday party... I think we're going to go for it! Although then I feel like it's going to be dirty after the party :-( Haha. 
    It will be more expensive to do a one time clean. Most places charge you more the first time, as a "deep clean."  But they will do SUCH a good job that it will last a while, so it is perfect for the party... and they'll do such a thorough job that it will be easier for you to do the upkeep for a while and keep it looking spick and span!  Ask your personal network for recommendations or look on Angie's LIst... that's how I found my former service.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I"m late to the party - but for anyone debating a cleaning lady - GO FOR IT. ALthough mine is on hiatus because of finances, I HIGHLY reccomend and will be bringing one back by the end of February. They are worth every penny.

My house is 2,100 sq ft and i spend less time cleaning it than I did when we lived in an 800 sq ft apartment bc of the cleaning lady. Highly reccomend.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"