April 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    edited January 2014
    @kcatboston I am a perfectly capable driver but I have a horrible sense of direction. I live in a fairly big city and I can't drive downtown! Seriously, there are so many one-way roads and I get so lost that it's incredibly stressful. I mean... I can drive downtown if I HAVE to.... But I will make someone else drive if it's an option.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I aplogize in advance to @JSS1002 - and don't feel like you have to defend yourself too much, but mine:

I don't blame Target for the data breach and will still shop there. Years ago I had a credit card and debit card comprimised as part of  a huge local ring. It can happen anywhere and Target is just the unfortunate victim. I will still stop under the bullseye anyday.

To be clear: I do feel bad for anyone effected and for all I know it may come out to be me at some point.....My point is I just still support the store.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    JBDamonM said:

I aplogize in advance to @JSS1002 - and don't feel like you have to defend yourself too much, but mine:

I don't blame Target for the data breach and will still shop there. Years ago I had a credit card and debit card comprimised as part of  a huge local ring. It can happen anywhere and Target is just the unfortunate victim. I will still stop under the bullseye anyday.

To be clear: I do feel bad for anyone effected and for all I know it may come out to be me at some point.....My point is I just still support the store.

It happened in our stores so there is no way we can be 100% blameless (the customer is always right!), but you are correct that it could have happened anywhere.  And it DID, actually, happen at like 8 retailers, but so far we're taking the fall because most do not have the integrity to fess up and publicly admit that they were hacked!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jthree said:
    JSS1002 said:
    I am so sick of everybody on the planet being a "consultant" for some pyramid scheme home-show party (31, Stella and Dot, Candlewick, Tastefully Simple, yadda yadda yadda yadda).  Stop inviting me to this shit, if you want to SEE ME, then call me and we'll hang out, but I don't need to be pressured into buying shit over a glass of wine so that the hostess gets whatever free junk she wants and you make money.  If I want to buy this stuff, certainly i know how to find you or it.

Also, Vera Bradley is hideous.  My grandma carried her knitting in that crap.  If you want to carry an ugly bag, that's totally your call, but why on earth you'd spend that kind of money on it is beyond me.

Yes!  That stuff is so fugly.  Same with most of the petunia pickle bottom diaper bags.  Don't get me wrong, I love my PPB bag.  But It's solid black.
    We probably have the same one - love the functionality, hate 99% of the patterns/ colors.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Here's a good one.

I think designer diaper bags are a waste of money. Don't get me wrong - I lusted over a PBB bag when I was pregnant. But I never bought it because I had too many other important items to be spending my money on.

Then my mom gave me one of her bags to use. And now that I"m using it I am so glad I didn't waste so much money on a nice diaper bag.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    JBDamonM said:

Here's a good one.

I think designer diaper bags are a waste of money. Don't get me wrong - I lusted over a PBB bag when I was pregnant. But I never bought it because I had too many other important items to be spending my money on.

You are undeniably correct about this.  But I still love my PPB. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    I am so sick of everybody on the planet being a "consultant" for some pyramid scheme home-show party (31, Stella and Dot, Candlewick, Tastefully Simple, yadda yadda yadda yadda).  Stop inviting me to this shit, if you want to SEE ME, then call me and we'll hang out, but I don't need to be pressured into buying shit over a glass of wine so that the hostess gets whatever free junk she wants and you make money.  If I want to buy this stuff, certainly i know how to find you or it.

Also, Vera Bradley is hideous.  My grandma carried her knitting in that crap.  If you want to carry an ugly bag, that's totally your call, but why on earth you'd spend that kind of money on it is beyond me.

Oh man...you stole mine. If I get invited to one more friggen Thirty One, Pampered Chef, Norwex party this month, I'm gonna lose my shit. Don't even get me started on the god damn Jamberry Nails or whatever it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Erin10408 said:
    JSS1002 said:

Oh man...you stole mine. If I get invited to one more friggen Thirty One, Pampered Chef, Norwex party this month, I'm gonna lose my shit. Don't even get me started on the god damn Jamberry Nails or whatever it is.
    Seriously.  Fucking NORWEX.  You're going to invite me to a party about CLEANING?  No.
    I want to be supportive of my friends, but I feel like every time I open my email / look at FB / check my phone, somebody's trying ot get me to come to a "party" to sell me shit.   No.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hate purses. Never had one, probably never will. If I can't carry it in my pocket then it doesn't belong with me. I have only one diaper bag, I only take it with me when I am going out for more than an hour. I do have a pack of diapers and wipes in the cars I drive just in case of a break down.. but that is it.

• Options
    what drama happened last week...dang i missed it! 
    Vera Bradley is hideous.. 

My UO- baby nurses?!?! you really need to hire someone to take care of your child for the first few weeks/months of their lives. I mean i guess some people are just filthy rich and have nothing better to do with their money
  • Options

Seriously.  Fucking NORWEX.  You're going to invite me to a party about CLEANING?  No.
    I want to be supportive of my friends, but I feel like every time I open my email / look at FB / check my phone, somebody's trying ot get me to come to a "party" to sell me shit.   No.

HAHAHA. I know, right?

The worst ever is when my girlfriend was sneaky about a Melaleuca party. She invited me to her house to "catch" up, and I drove from the north metro to Eden Prairie, and walked in on her stupid party. SO.ANGRY. And I was pregnant at the time and couldn't even drink.

• Options

My UO- baby nurses?!?! you really need to hire someone to take care of your child for the first few weeks/months of their lives. I mean i guess some people are just filthy rich and have nothing better to do with their money
    I would hire a nurse for a extreme preemie. My mother and Grandmother spent every cent they made to hire a nurse for my sister who was born at 25 weeks.. eventually some things happened where my mother had to go to jail and my grandmother could not take care of her and work full time to support most of the family by herself, so the nurse that took care of her adopted my sister. She was the most sweetest woman ever.

Other than for that reason, I can't really see why.

• Options
    Erin10408 said:

HAHAHA. I know, right?

The worst ever is when my girlfriend was sneaky about a Melaleuca party. She invited me to her house to "catch" up, and I drove from the north metro to Eden Prairie, and walked in on her stupid party. SO.ANGRY. And I was pregnant at the time and couldn't even drink.

Fireable offense.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I would hire a nurse for a extreme preemie. My mother and Grandmother spent every cent they made to hire a nurse for my sister who was born at 25 weeks.. eventually some things happened where my mother had to go to jail and my grandmother could not take care of her and work full time to support most of the family by herself, so the nurse that took care of her adopted my sister. She was the most sweetest woman ever.

Other than for that reason, I can't really see why.

In that case i understand why.. but if you deliver a perfectly healthy baby I dont understand why and i think its actually a little boogie to say the least. kind of like "i have the money why not just spend it" IMO the first few weeks of the baby's life is bonding time. why let a stranger do it all...
  • Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    edited January 2014
    I don't trust people who hear sandals when it's cold.  Maybe this is a West Coast thing but flip flops + shorts + a puffy jacket = no bueno. Michael Kors for life!!!!!!!!!!!!  :x

• Options
    tondraluv  it's like uggs with a skirt or shorts.
    Exactly!!!!! 

• Options
    I do not get the scarf trend. Occasionally I think they look really cute, but most of the time not so much. I tried wearing a scarf today and just felt like I had a whole lot of useless extra poof. So it's in my purse. This could be influenced by my H, however, who thinks all scarves look ridiculous unless used as cold weather gear. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    I do not get the scarf trend. Occasionally I think they look really cute, but most of the time not so much. I tried wearing a scarf today and just felt like I had a whole lot of useless extra poof. So it's in my purse. This could be influenced by my H, however, who thinks all scarves look ridiculous unless used as cold weather gear. Maybe someone can enlighten me

I like brightly colored scarves because I tend to buy basic/interchangable work clothes, and they are an easy way to jazz up the outfit without spending a ton.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    This is a UO at my gym. If you spend 30 minutes walking on the treadmill playing with your hair, taking it down, putting it up, brushing it with your fingers, you aren't really working out.
    They are there for the guys lol.

• Options
    Kate_C said:
    I do not get the scarf trend. Occasionally I think they look really cute, but most of the time not so much. I tried wearing a scarf today and just felt like I had a whole lot of useless extra poof. So it's in my purse. This could be influenced by my H, however, who thinks all scarves look ridiculous unless used as cold weather gear. Maybe someone can enlighten me?
    I wear scarves almost every day! Like PP said, I feel like it brightens up my outfit. I'm not a necklace person so I have to have something there
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    Erin10408 said:

HAHAHA. I know, right?

Fireable offense.

It nearly was...but she saw the error of her ways, and stopped having the stupid parties.

Scarves? Love em...wear one almost daily. Same as previous posters, I have a lot of "basics", and they jazz up an outfit.

• Options

TuckleUp said:
    JBDamonM said:

Here's a good one.

Then my mom gave me one of her bags to use. And now that I"m using it I am so glad I didn't waste so much money on a nice diaper bag.

Kind of along these lines; I don't understand spending a ton of money on clothes my child is going to grow out of in a hot second. Now, I do understand buying quality items, especially if you're planning on having more kids and using them again, I don't compromise on outerwear or shoes, and special occasion outfits are fair game...but he can look just as cute in a $10 shirt as a $25 one.
    I agree, I was in Puma with my hubby and the baby shoes were the same cost as the adults. Just crazy!

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Trin42 said:
    Grace0609 said:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviatemin/2013/12/30/targets-worst-pr-nightmare-7-lessons-from-targets-well-meant-but-flawed-crisis-response/ This pretty much sums up why Target dropped in my rankings. It's not that it HAPPENED at their store. It's how they dealt with it. ETA: sorry, this is in response to the above UO about Target, just to clarify. I am most pissed off b/c now I can't buy the maternity swimsuit I want b/c my DH still doesn't trust that the issue is fixed and doesn't feel there have been answers about the Target.com website and safety. Stupid suit is not sold in the store and so I can't use cash!!
    Could you purchase a target gift card with cash for the exact amount of the online purchase?
    Yes, you could do this.  You can use gift cards online.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Cats rule, dogs drool.

omg, heart you.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    I wear scarves almost every day! Like PP said, I feel like it brightens up my outfit. I'm not a necklace person so I have to have something there
    This and I feel like its been nice to kind of hide my giant tatas, plus when nursing G in public I can use it to shield myself when she decides to sudden take a break and start "talking" to someone walking by.  
  • Options

Kate_C said:

This and I feel like its been nice to kind of hide my giant tatas, plus when nursing G in public I can use it to shield myself when she decides to sudden take a break and start "talking" to someone walking by.  

I don't have giant tatas. Maybe that's why I can't pull it off? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Oh well. Glad to have an actual UO this week, albeit not a very sexy one!
  • Options
    Trin42 said:
    Kate_C said:
    Kate_C said:
    I don't have giant tatas. Maybe that's why I can't pull it off? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Oh well. Glad to have an actual UO this week, albeit not a very sexy one!
    I think you just have to get comfortable wearing it. I rarely wear them but I felt like I was wearing a big ol' sign on me saying "I look dumb" the first few times I wore them. Now I'm more comfortable wearing them now.
    I love the way scarves look on other people, but I can't quite pull it off.  I always feel like I am strangling /overheating myself.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Luckey4 said:

Here's a good one.

I'd cut off my arm to keep my Coach diaper bag.

Ditto
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"