January 2014 Moms
Options

Introducing Emerson Mae! ("Mini" birth story and PIP!)

mrsjennimrsjenni member
edited January 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Hi girls!  I'm finally sneaking on now that things have settled down a bit (ha! kind of.)

First, I want to thank my lovely LB, @peanutmuse, for keeping everyone updated on Monday.  

Things progressed beautifully at first.  I was at the hospital by 6am, started the antibiotics by 7am and was checked for the first time at 8:45am.  I had already progressed to 7cm on my own, so my OB decided to wait until 10am to start the pitocin and 11am to break my water so that I could get a full 4 hours of antibiotics to treat the GBS.  

Around 11:30am my BP started going crazy.  It kept dropping significantly (I had gestational hypertension going in too, so it started really high) and it stayed in the double digits on the top and bottom the entire time. Made me feel TERRIBLE. And every time I tried sitting up it would drop again. Ugh.

Anyway, by 1:15pm, I had progressed to 10cm and was 100% effaced and was ready to start pushing.  I remember thinking "whoa, this is going so fast!"  

Famous last words, right?

After I started pushing for a bit, baby girl would not come down.  She was transverse and her shoulder was stuck.  My OB decided to wait and let her labor down a bit on her own so that I didn't spend hours pushing.  I completely agreed.  At 2pm we tried pushing again.  No dice.  Homegirl was not having it. By 2:30, we decided to wait a little longer while I laid on my side trying to get her to turn.  At that point my epi stopped working and I was feeling EVERYTHING.  They were able to give me a bolus at 4pm, but from 2:30-4 I basically thought I might die from the pain.  I just wanted to push and I couldn't because she was stuck so all I could do was lay on my side and breath/scream/cry through the contractions that came every 30 seconds.  It was awful.

Once I got the bolus, it took about 10 minutes for it to take affect.  When I finally got a chance to look at the clock, I knew that my OB would not be delivering my baby (she was off the clock at 5pm and I knew she had somewhere to go. We just didn't think there was even a chance that I'd still be laboring at that point.)   She came in to see me and I started to cry. I was just so frustrated and we both thought that it would have gone much smoother/faster than this.  But there was just no rushing my baby girl.  My OB and I talked about her size and she was confident that I could deliver vaginally, but I asked her at what point we'd decide that was no longer an option.  Honestly, I was absolutely exhausted at that point and I was doubting if (1) she would ever turn and drop and (2) if I had the energy to push any longer.  

They let me rest from 4-5pm, which I appreciated so much.  I had a real moment here because I finally accepted the fact that I was no longer running the show. Baby girl was the boss from here on out and I was okay with whatever we had to do to get her here safely. From 5-6pm we did some practice side pushes to try to get her to turn/drop and get her shoulder unstuck then I rested again and labored down until 6:45pm.  

Around that time, I finally started feeling differently. Like MAYBE there was a chance to deliver this baby girl.  The OB on call came in (she delivered my niece so we knew she was awesome) and she was simply amazing.  She made me feel like I could deliver this baby girl without having a c/s. I started pushing again at 7pm and I FINALLY felt like we were making progress.  All day I felt like I was pushing for no reason, but this time was the real deal.  Baby girl was finally ready.

After just 17 minutes of pushing, Emerson Mae came into the world kicking and screaming.  She was born on January 27, 2014 at 7:17pm weighing 9lbs 15.22oz and 21in.  (No wonder she was stuck!) She has a full head of DARK (what??) hair and is absolutely beautiful!  She looks like a mix between her 2 brothers right now and it is so sweet.  

Here are a few pics of our sweet Emmie girl...

Meeting mommy and daddy for the first time:

Meeting her brothers and sister (they were SO EXCITED).  My mama heart burst into a million pieces:

Emmie's hospital pic from yesterday at just 1 day old (see also: the hair!)

We are so in love with our sweet girl.  She is doing amazingly and nursing almost constantly.  Hoping my milk comes in soon so that I can really feed my hungry little monster, ha!

We're breaking out of this joint today and I can't wait to go home to be with my FOUR babies.  I am finally complete. <3

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

Re: Introducing Emerson Mae! (&quot;Mini&quot; birth story and PIP!)

• Options
    Congratulations! She is just beautiful and I love all that dark hair!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aww, she's beautiful! Congrats, @mrsjenni! I'm so glad you were able to deliver her safely without needing a C-section at the last minute. (Wow at that dark hair on her!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats she's beautiful!! Of course your last delivery has to be the roughest.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    Gorgeous! Enjoy mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What s gorgeous family! Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! She is beautiful!

• Options
    Congratulations!! She's beautiful!!
  • Options
    wilburbud said:
    What a crazy birthing experience!!! I was completely convinced this labor was going to just fly by for you. Apparently this little girl needed to show you who was the boss! You better get ready, shes gonna give you a run for your money when she gets older ;-) Congratulations on another beauty :)
    @wilburbud- Don't I know it! She had plans to hibernate until spring and I can't say that I blame her. Much. ;)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    She's beautiful. What am ordeal you guys went through - so glad you all are doing great. Congratulations!
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    She's so precious! Congratulations!!!

• Options
    Congratulations @mrsjenni - so happy to read your birth story and see the pictures!!!! Sorry for the path the birth took but all is well that ends well - that's fantastic! How are you feeling physically? Any tearing?
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is beautiful! Congrats!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

• Options
    Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!  She is beautiful!

• Options
    Congratulations @mrsjenni, she is gorgeous and you inspire me to handle whatever labor throws at me!

image             image             
        Baby K is 3 months old!                     Max: The original fur baby            
  • Options
    congrats - shes beautiful!!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    Congratulations! She is beautiful.

• Options
    What a great story! I was pulling for you. So glad you were able to get the birth you wanted. She's gorgeous!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Options
    Aww, she is beautiful! Love the pic of all your children :) congrats!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Congrats!! She's precious along with your other LOs.
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• Options
    Congrats, she's beautiful! Love the pic of her with the siblings,!
  • Options
    Congrats! She's beautiful!
  • Options
    What a cutie! Congratulations! It's she the only one of ur kiddos born with dark hair?
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Congrats Mama! Emmie is gorgeous! My DD1 had dark hair at birth and shocked me the same as you :) Your sweet girl is such a doll.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options
    Congratulations!  Wow, the hair!  It's amazing. Glad that you could deliver vaginally.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    Showing everyone who is boss! Love the hair! I'm sorry it wasn't an ideal delivery but so glad that you didn't have to have a c/s. She is beautiful! Enjoy your family of 6 @mrsjenni!

• Options
    Congratulations!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    Congrats!  Your babies are all so beautiful. :)
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! So beautiful!

• Options
    She is so cute. Love the pics!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful family. Love the picture of all three kids!

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    Congrats!!! She is beautiful @mrsjenni!! You have a gorgeous family! I'm so glad she decided to cooperate for you and turn.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    She's beautiful! Congratulations!

• Options
    She is absolutely beautiful and I love the picture of ALL your babies! Congratulations, mama. You are a warrior for hanging on so long through that labor! Girlfriend certainly came into this world making a statement, Shizah.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    Congrats! She is gorgeous! Beautiful hair :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"